ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Holy cow. I picked up a couple aluminum cast guns a few years back at a gun show for $10 a pop. Broomhandle included. That price seems awefully steep. You can get a metal airsoft version for that.
I’m not in the market, so I don’t know what a reasonable price is nowadays. A lot of prices at the flea market get inflated because dealers expect to bargain down, or to sell to collectors with more dollars than sense.

Yea, very steep price there. I only used one because I wanted my "muppet" stunt blaster to be durable and have the dimensions of a real pistol. I thought it was a cool idea to use one, I don't think any were used in SW. For some reason my accuracy bug was flexible on not making the resin pistol out of resin. (The mount is rather thick too and I just used angle aluminum).

Since the stunt pistol is a cast of this ANH DL44, I added a bull barrel and stuff too.

Yeah, I only paid $10 for my Lytle Mauser. It's definitely a little smaller than a real C96, but like Tom says, it makes a great Muppet/Dagobah stunt blaster.

Ha! Fun thing I just discovered... The Han ANH hero is used by an imperial officer. It has the scope mount upright and scope removed. You heard it here first... ^_^
Scott, Good eye. Very cool to see.
I don't know if you can say he really used it though.. Sure it was in his holster, but quick draw didn't quite get there in time ;):D

I've just ordered this ugly, UGLY thing to mess around with. Not sure it's worth the effort :lol:

H60945c2717424e049781c1b7c4c3d593a.jpg

Hf7f1af636c8a42488c0c43a7e08ce9f1E.jpg

H81ca784262874dff891046ef55a8ab082.jpg

If you're lucky enough to nab an MGC I suggest making the best of what you have! Paint the gold ones, Grill paint rubbed with a paper towel once cured looks very awesome and believable.

agreed! Build something screen accurate. Either the GK, Hoth or the Endor blaster. I think over time we have gotten spoiled to just how special an MGC really is.

Well said.

I'm STILL trying to get my hands on one for my GK!

And I may swap my Hoth parts from the Denix they're currently on, with the Bespin version setup on the MGC. I built the Hoth gun in the early 00's, iirc, of course parts have been replaced over the years. And the Bespin was built something like 5-6 years ago. Anyway, had I known then that the Hoth was an MGC base, I'd have done things a little differently.
0714191818.jpg
0714191811.jpg
0714191814b.jpg
0714191814.jpg

Dann understand totally why you’d want to make that switch but with the proper modification done to the denix as u did I’m not sure u really need to honestly. Even put the the pin hole on the trigger! Outstanding and beautiful work!!

Question for ya. I see you used a hex nut screw for the front greeblie. I always figured it was a toss up between that and a phillips pan head until those new Al Roker pics surfaced.

The first two images of the greeblie on the bottom I can justify the philips screw but with the other two (last one bring urs) I can easily point out the hex screw as well. The gold seems to be shining through on the Roker blaster which really swings it for me but other than these pics I’ve added below is there any other images that show the hex screw even more clearly??

Obviously u made the decision way before those Roker pics surfaced so u’re already ahead of the game. I hope u don’t mind me using ur pic in this collage either. Just helps clearly what I’m talking about.

Between that Roker and ur pic I think I’m fully sold on the hex screw regardless. Just curious if there was more proof out there that I’ve missed along the way..

Again really nice work, not only on that Hoth build but all ur builds pictured here!! (y)

Attachments

• 78F3E3E8-9D3D-405F-A546-D83765B14E4A.jpeg
    78F3E3E8-9D3D-405F-A546-D83765B14E4A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 8E73AACF-A3FD-4C83-A400-BD28EE682F9C.jpeg
    8E73AACF-A3FD-4C83-A400-BD28EE682F9C.jpeg
    785.6 KB · Views: 169
Yeah, no problem. I've just always been in the camp that thinks the scope mount screws go through the entire magazine body and are capped off on the piston side with the hex nuts. No better reference that I have, but it was nice seeing the Al Roker pics, and it only further solidified the theory for me.

Thanks! Just watched Scott’s video as well and the gold hex gives it a nice look. Something a little different even though on the actual prop you don’t see the gold shine through. Does give it a nice pop against the black. Much appreciated and ya the Roker pics definitely have been helpful for sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back