Limited Run Anakin Starkiller Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Sign up List (Signup closed. Production has begun)

So I decided to find and use some vintage Krylon gold spray paint on the "windvane" area. I knew from past experience that it had the right look and that after handling it looks a lot like the gold in the hero saber photos. I got a vintage can on eBay and finally tested it last night. The color looks REALLY good to me--I'm not happy with my spraying, though (got too impatient and didn't wait for better weather and ended up with a little too much "orange peel" in the end) so i'm going to take this attempt off with acetone and do it right when the weather's good.
IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

So I decided to find and use some vintage Krylon gold spray paint on the "windvane" area. I knew from past experience that it had the right look and that after handling it looks a lot like the gold in the hero saber photos. I got a vintage can on eBay and finally tested it last night. The color looks REALLY good to me--I'm not happy with my spraying, though (got too impatient and didn't wait for better weather and ended up with a little too much "orange peel" in the end) so i'm going to take this attempt off with acetone and do it right when the weather's good.
View attachment 1269763
View attachment 1269764
View attachment 1269765
In the words of Trilla...
outstanding!

Here are some pics of the victor vintage card Dan references in Halliwax's assembly video. It looks really sharp after sanding the tin away from the copper. Thanks fellas for making us aware of this option.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.JPG
    IMG_1674.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    734.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 301
  • fullsizeoutput_e61.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e61.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
Will there be another run? :(

I wonder about that as well, since I never realized there was a run. I did order a V2 builder's kit through his website.

I'm new here btw. I've been lurking around here for a while. And it got me excited to make more great hilts like I've seen on the forum.

EDIT: If anyone has a spare kit lying around and wants to sell, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am missing the 2 tiny screws that go into the control box for the red and green light panel. Can anyone tell me where I can get replacements?
Thank you.

Is it poor form to ask if anyone's got a Yuma box they'd rather not keep storing? I'm thinking of switching my Nick's Dad hero over. Thanks!

Edit: It's been sorted out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Question; is the Tri-Ring included with this kit Stainless Steel, or some kind of Chromed metal, or what exactly is it made of/plated in?

It's a nickle plated alloy steel. I'd suggest using the custom ones done by DaveP. They're only $5 or so, and worth the upgrade.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back