2011 RPF Secret Santa Gift Exchange (sign up has closed)

Sent PMs to everyone with unfinished business aside from one or two who already know what's going on with their gifts. Everyone should now know if their Santa is "one of the four" I can't get a hold of or if their Santa has posted and they're just waiting.

If those four don't get back to me I will be sending their names to the Mods this weekend and we'll sort you out with new Santas soon. :)

I think having someone vouch for you before you can take part is a good thing or if you're well known on here. Heaven knows i've spent enough on here that I can be vouched for if i do it next year lol.

I agree, Wes. It's a shame for the newbies that are generally good, honest people...but hopefully it will weed out some of the ones that are just looking for a free item with no intention of actually sending a gift.

Got a lot of responses overnight, thanks guys. :)

Was able to mark a bunch of people as received, for those of you that haven't yet hopefully you do soon, otherwise we'll take care of you.

The "vouch" idea is the best so far, but I'm still not sure. We've had a bunch of members who probably couldn't get that but came through and one member so far who's dropped of the face of the Earth but has over 1,700 posts and would have had many people vouching for him. About half the people who participated this year have less than 50 posts.

That said, we have a year to think of ways this can be improved next time. :)

Silly me for not reading closely enough to know to give a thank-you,

Nevertheless, epilepticsquirl gave me a wonderful inscribed yoda ring and 2 fantastic wooden boxes finished personally with neato star wars symbols,

Thanks so much for your wonderful gifts!
Matt

Secret Santa. Thank you for the really cool custom lightsaber. Sorry I have not been here lately to thank you. It arrived the day before the big event.

Just got mine today. A Captain A pinback and 2 SSR pins. Will go great with my Cap display if I ever get it done (started lol) Thanks Vista.

IMG_0374.jpg

So like always my responses turn into novels. So instead of clogging up this thread I put my feelings on the SS event on my DA journal here:

Just a bit sad but will eventually get over it by *Eveningarwen on deviantART

If anyone is curious to know in a bit more detail how someone who has yet to receive anything feels then please do read. It's a bit of a downer so if you'd rather be cheery about the whole thing then you probably shouldn't read it lol.

I feel you and while 5% or so may see low, when you are one of the 5% it is a lot larger to you. Especially when you tried yourself to make someone else's wonderful.

I am sure you will be well taken care of in the end.

I think having someone vouch for you before you can take part is a good thing or if you're well known on here. Heaven knows i've spent enough on here that I can be vouched for if i do it next year lol.

You know what is funny, I probably only had been able to have on person vouch for me this year if that was the case. But I came through for my SS without issue.

If you choose this route I cannot blame you.

However keep in mind those that did participate should be grandfathered in for subsequent ones. Just sayin.:angel

I think if you came thru on a previous Secret santa it should count as a vouch just like someone vouching if they've done business with you in the JY. I wish I knew how folks could not come thru unless it was a dire emergency. I take pride in shipping as fast as possible and it's how i got to be the top trader on another forum for nearly a year.

Here is my .02.

First this was my first SS here at the RPF and I want to thank O_B for doing all this for us. I think overall everything has gone as well as can be, and this is not saying that he is not doing a AWESOME job, keeping this all moving.

These are the only things I would like to see changed.

You MUST give O_B an update, if you haven't SENT by 12/20. This gives O_B time to inform the receipients. If there is no response from senders by 1/1, then Order 66 is issued on those members (see below), and replacement Santas will be notified. If an update has been received then a follow up update should be sent to O_B by 1/10. If no follow up update has been given by then, Order 66 is issued to those members, and replacement Santas will be notified.

Order 66 is the following punishment handed out for failing to follow through on Secret Santa (WITHOUT TELLING O_B A REASON).

You will be temp banned for 60 days
You will not be able to participate in the SS the following year

Order 66 is not enacted on users that are providential hindered from completed their end of the bargain. Examples of this is, but not limited to, Loss of Job, Medical issues, Family Emergencies and similar. O_B or his representative(s) can make the decision if a claim is valid.

Agreed man, well put!

Here is my .02.

First this was my first SS here at the RPF and I want to thank O_B for doing all this for us. I think overall everything has gone as well as can be, and this is not saying that he is not doing a AWESOME job, keeping this all moving.

These are the only things I would like to see changed.

You MUST give O_B an update, if you haven't SENT by 12/20. This gives O_B time to inform the receipients. If there is no response from senders by 1/1, then Order 66 is issued on those members (see below), and replacement Santas will be notified. If an update has been received then a follow up update should be sent to O_B by 1/10. If no follow up update has been given by then, Order 66 is issued to those members, and replacement Santas will be notified.

Order 66 is the following punishment handed out for failing to follow through on Secret Santa (WITHOUT TELLING O_B A REASON).

You will be temp banned for 60 days
You will not be able to participate in the SS the following year

Order 66 is not enacted on users that are providential hindered from completed their end of the bargain. Examples of this is, but not limited to, Loss of Job, Medical issues, Family Emergencies and similar. O_B or his representative(s) can make the decision if a claim is valid.

I haven't received word from my recipient stating he received my package(so much for priority flat rate). If he can confirm or deny it would be great so i can get a replacement sent out... :(

I run a SS on the TPZ every year and I give a deadline Dec 15th (or close) to beat the mail rush.
It also works as a cut off and hopefully forces everyone to prepare for that date...Then they all check in and state that the item is shipped.

Or if there are problems or delays I can address those or plan an alternative.
Now it's a smaller group but we didn't have any deadbeats that way.

I mean come ON everyone KNEW that you were supposed to have something ready for someone for Christmas!!! (Excluding those who made arrangements of course)
I think it's terrible that someone would volunteer to be someones Santa and then just disappear.

Then again not much surprises me anymore.

Hunt em down O_B! Drag em behind Santa's sleigh...

Horray! today I got what many collectors consider to be the 'Holy Grail' of movie props,

The Holy Grail!

l.jpg

Thanks Santa, if that is your real name, Indy Magnoli. :)

Now I really cant wait till my recipient gets theirs.

Horray! today I got what many collectors consider to be the 'Holy Grail' of movie props,

The Holy Grail!

l.jpg

Thanks Santa, if that is your real name, Indy Magnoli. :)

Now I really cant wait till my recipient gets theirs.

WOW! GREAT gift, I have one of those myself and it's a prize in my collection. :)

Big thank you to Indy for being our first "Additional Santa"!

Now sadly to some not so good news, after two weeks of trying I have not been able to get a hold of our four missing Santas:

papasmurf
DarkKnightOfPA
Amish Trooper
lou3433

I will be passing their information on to the Mods to do with as they see fit. From me they get the only punishment I can give, they are banned from future Secret Santa Exchanges that I run. If, in future, I pass this task on to someone else that list of "banned users" will be part of what I pass on.

Of course some of these guys could have gotten into an accident, coma, whatever. I hope they are all alright and if it comes to light that something like that was the case of course all will be forgiven. At the moment though they are Bad Santas, I don't like Bad Santas. :angry

I am updating their statuses to "MIA", meaning it will be assumed that they have received their gifts.

NOW! To make things right!

Their recipients were:

Eveningarwen
boshwan527
MooCriket
Fuzzual

I'll be sending PM's to those who volunteered earlier to send these guys a gift. These guys are VERY deserving of your generosity! Believe it or not I've had people storming my inbox with offers to help. Thank you ALL, whether I get you to send a gift or not it's appreciated!

I'll be following up with some others who haven't received yet later this week. Camp out my those mailboxes folks, I'm expecting some late arrivals to start showing up soon!

Oh, and I almost forgot to give a HUGE thank you to the mystery person who thought I really needed a truly Secret Santa so they sent me a Grail Tablet rubbing!

I opened it on Christmas and completely forgot to post here. It's fantastic, Thank you!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back