2022 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration NOW CLOSED!

Thank you to my secret santa! Merry Christmas!!!!

Attachments

• 20221212_203810.jpg
    20221212_203810.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 76
Thanks a million Santa!! Not going to lie, ive done these exchanges over and over again for years, but despite first appearances, this keychain is one of my favorite gifts ever recieved. Handmade in silver by the maker! Dropped a pic of the business card as well for those interested in his work. I also threw the Staff of Ra headpiece in with my Indy collection. It looks amazing as well!

You are VERY welcome! I'm sorry I didn't get the chrome gold paint on the Ra headpiece. The one weekend I had time to work on it, was a very rare time of crazy rain in So. CA. I didn't want it to not dry before I shipped it, so I did a multi-toned paint job.

I'm happy you enjoy the keychain, I know it's not a prop per say, but at least you can use it everyday. I went back and forth on which version to do. It was a fun project to do! Here's the original progress pictures:
IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1249 (1).jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

- Jeff

This was my first year in SS. The battery housing I used making this one takes a CR2032

EDIT: shoot me a pic of your battery compartment and I’ll help you figure it out
Ah wasn’t you then! My last year tracker looked similar :). I’ll have to fish it out at some point but it’s in a box currently as we haven’t unpacked everything from moving house’

finally found a little time after the usual Christmas chaos and feeding the family and recieving a mystery box of individually wrapped gifts was so much fun. and i always say that Christmas wouldn't be complete without having something to build. so a massive thankyou to my secret santa for the amazing gifts including a scratch built sci-fi fighter ship with a note offering up a challenge of adding my own details and a paint job, and i will definitely learning some scratch building skills along the way so a massive thankyou and merry Christmas to my secret santa. The note is signed Basic Paul so i assume thats his RPF user name! thankyou.
IMG_20221226_180244.jpg
IMG_20221226_180247.jpg
IMG_20221226_180253.jpg
IMG_20221226_180256.jpg
IMG_20221226_180302.jpg

Cadeus sent me a wonderful combo of a Weta Mini Epics Frodo and Henry Jone's grail diary from The Last Crusade (which by the way is my favorite Indiana Jones movie BY FAR. So damn good.) Sorry to hear you had so much trouble working on whatever you were making orignally. Don't feel bad, I still have a box full of parts in my workshop from something I failed at making for an RPF secret santa a couple years ago that never came together.
These are amazing gifts and I can't thank you enough! Frodo is now living on my desk under my monitor with some other assorted figures. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the grail diary?

amoDOaw6AUOYzYnUJvrxDx4Kg=w1258-h944-no?authuser=0.jpg

Cadeus sent me a wonderful combo of a Weta Mini Epics Frodo and Henry Jone's grail diary from The Last Crusade (which by the way is my favorite Indiana Jones movie BY FAR. So damn good.) Sorry to hear you had so much trouble working on whatever you were making orignally. Don't feel bad, I still have a box full of parts in my workshop from something I failed at making for an RPF secret santa a couple years ago that never came together.
These are amazing gifts and I can't thank you enough! Frodo is now living on my desk under my monitor with some other assorted figures. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the grail diary?

View attachment 1651579
I can't tell you how happy I am that your gift got to you by Christmas and that you love them so much. Any questions about that diary should be directed at Michael. He mad it, and gifted it to me a few years ago when he was MY Santa. I was so embarrassed this year I felt compelled to "pay it forward". Merry Christmas!!! :)

finally found a little time after the usual Christmas chaos and feeding the family and recieving a mystery box of individually wrapped gifts was so much fun. and i always say that Christmas wouldn't be complete without having something to build. so a massive thankyou to my secret santa for the amazing gifts including a scratch built sci-fi fighter ship with a note offering up a challenge of adding my own details and a paint job, and i will definitely learning some scratch building skills along the way so a massive thankyou and merry Christmas to my secret santa. The note is signed Basic Paul so i assume thats his RPF user name! thankyou.
View attachment 1651563View attachment 1651564View attachment 1651565View attachment 1651566View attachment 1651567
Really glad you liked your gifts and please do post/message once you’ve given the fighter a paint job!

Happy Christmas!

Just got mine gift as well! Well sorta, I'm currently traveling but had it picked up for me.

No idea who my secret Santa was but they nailed it. A beautiful metal poster from my favorite film. A nice little assortment of modeling tools (I especially like the blue exacto. Much easier to spot on the bench). A very cool pain box from Dune that I can't wait to display and a plate from the Ecto 1. The person opening it said they couldn't find a card so I just want to say that whoever it was absolutely killed it this year!

received_3210941315790041.jpeg

Hope my Recipient receives their package tonight, currently showing out for delivery. I usually wrap the gifts I sent out however their was an accident and the item I made broke, I had a back up plan for them but really tried to stay away from buying the back up item lol. So I worked late on getting them the item but didnt get a chance to wrap it and wrote their Screen name on the package so they new it was from here lol.

Package arrived today!
Got a little replica Haunted Mansion plaque - one of my fave rides :)

It will likely wind up on the shelf in my HM themed bathroom! Thanks Santa!

Attachments

• 0E1CBB90-5BF9-42DB-8CD4-93FBF0AF04FF.jpeg
    0E1CBB90-5BF9-42DB-8CD4-93FBF0AF04FF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 41E72746-75BE-4118-AD8E-647C1B6E6C19.jpeg
    41E72746-75BE-4118-AD8E-647C1B6E6C19.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
I have been putting the lego set together that i received as my gift and came across that i am missing pieces and the instructions dont look complete the instructions just show the assembly part and do not give a parts list or a complete picture of the item attached is a complete picture of the item i got as my gift.

Attachments

• Share-MOC-BRICK-LAND-Product-Design-15-1-600x600.jpg
    Share-MOC-BRICK-LAND-Product-Design-15-1-600x600.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 101
I used to do the RPF Secret Santa every year for the longest time, and it was always a highlight of my holiday season. Sat out for a bit, but happily returned this year and boy was it a wonderful return!

Absolutely blown away by my SS gifts this year! Did some snooping, but I guess my detective skills are subpar, so I can only thank the one who I shall refer to as B!!!

Without further ado, a Morgul-Blade and the severed finger of the Dark Lord Himself, Sauron!

8863FCBB-0766-4045-851D-DE55A57CBB00.jpeg

In your lovely card you said you built what you yourself would like, and I gotta say you have great taste haha! I’ve actually wanted a Sauron’s finger to display for forever, and had planned on making one eventually, so that was a perfect choice. And the dagger is just so cool! I'm glad you didn't give into the temptation to keep them for yourself :lol:, must've been extra difficult with the Ring whispering in your ear.

56CDAA0B-E6ED-443A-8000-6FCFC0A34F3C.jpeg

B6548FFB-4669-4969-8117-6DD3FEADE668.jpeg

A555CD0D-B748-4100-B482-8BFE0607E6A0.jpeg

The craftsmanship on theses is incredible, and the finishing work impeccable! Really stunned and happy with these! Definitely gonna make a display plaque for the blade and a base for the finger. Will proudly display these awesome items!

One question for my SS though, it seems as if the blade of the dagger has “wandered” a bit sometime during its travels here and starts going askew as you travel up the blade:
8E5B8A85-1AAB-4FBB-AD74-FD5C7FC8D15B.jpeg

(Kind of hard to capture, but in person it deviates a bit more)
Any tips on possibly adjusting this without totally wrecking the paint work? If not, nbd, it still looks and will display amazingly.

Thanks again SS for making this a brilliant Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

I have been putting the lego set together that i received as my gift and came across that i am missing pieces and the instructions dont look complete the instructions just show the assembly part and do not give a parts list or a complete picture of the item attached is a complete picture of the item i got as my gift.

Are you sure it's that kit? Maybe it's a different one? Hopefully your Santa chimes in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back