Ha ha! I know what you mean Craig g, that's why l made barrels out of pen tops & bits etc from the £1 shops ;-)...
b6ab39ab03a63fea8bad9181f7b6dfb0_zpsjyetsa9i.jpg

Hi S4Simon, yes ld spotted your floor, l did the same for the cockpit... Nice one!

DARKVIEW, I've been following your build of the falcon since I stumbled onto your site a few months ago along with several other builders. I'm from Aus, a mature person with some experience at this hobby/pastime, but my passion was reignited after ads of this protect screened over here. Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you and also say, thanks for your hints/ tips and general generosity in sharing with us (either complete novices, or in my case- a lapsed builder for some years!!!), Keep up your great work,and please keep posting. Cheers. Ged.

Thanks Ged, it's quite unique that so many people from all parts of the world are coming together on this build & making their Falcon there own...keeping it fun helps :)

Last edited:
This is the key to the issues for the Jig assembly for the TOP HALF section...
680a84d36ed5d5e62a912db6098b66f2_zpszj23g43w.jpg

TIPS: Use cellotape around each outer/inner join section that connects to keep it together & more secure. Also pen mark the jig parts as they come..

Last edited:
The circle is now complete!!! ... well the TOP HALF framework.... No problems so far, so it's now time for plating when l sort out TP1&2.
Issues 63/64/65/66 arrived yesterday unexpectedly early so that concludes framework.
ad2f08cd6d5deac64d1c5b75b1dc5cd4_zpsieil0pwf.jpg

b5400f3bab5c8ee105453f1aa0eed0f9_zps9lq6eqew.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments, my girlfriend will be pleased when lve finished so she can reclaim part of our living room !!!!. There's many a good Falcon build out there!

I really wish we could send our panels to you for weathering ...

Now you've got him thinking...

$10 a panel. Say 100 or so panels per falcon. Equates to $1000 per falcon. With around 100 people taking up the offer, that's $100,000 easy money. Darkview could then outsource the work to China and get a set of panels done for $100, therefore making $90,000 of clear profit just for his outstanding work. ;-)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back