DeAgo 1/43 Millennium Falcon decals?

javahawk

Hey everyone! I’m new to the forums. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I’m looking to purchase or print some decals for my upcoming custom paint job on the deAgo Falcon. I can’t seem to find 1:43 scale decals anywhere.

Does this exist as a product I can just buy? Has anyone gone through the trouble of making a full decal sheet in illustrator? If not would there be interest in this?

I’m not interested in the large color panels like the Bandai kit provides, just the smaller detail decals if that helps.

Thank you!

Think you might have to DIY

By decals i'm assuming you mean 1:43 versions of the 5' falcon (?)

Jaitea scanned the bandai decals at 600dpi here Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)
these could be scaled to suit and then printed on decal sheet.

then you can look at the link in this post for details on the actual 5' decal placement Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox).

or just use the Bandai PG decal placement instructions as a guide
----Bandai Falcon 4x copy 2.jpg

best of luck

The DeAgo is based on the 32in Falcon which didn't have decals, but if you want to replicate the 5ft model then the scans mentioned above will work.

Thanks everyone! Good info, didn’t know that about the 32in Falcon. So yeah for anyone who finds this post later I was able to find 1/43 decals for deago on eBay… had to special request it from seller ‘yogurt80.’

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks for the link. I had the same issue. Didn't know that the Empire Falcon was without decals.. Was thinking about making an ANH version..

Making an ANH version will be difficult if you mean anything other than "I'm removing the extra landing gear boxes" and even that is a challenge due to needing to fill in the hull plating and getting it to match convincingly with the rest of the kit. The ANH model is a different shape, being "fatter", having a more stubby cockpit, more stubby mandibles, and in general having slightly different proportions and armor plating shapes. One funny detail on the 32" ship that sticks out to me is how on the aft port quarter of the upper saucer there are two dark gray panels on the ANH model where there is one solid panel on the TESB model, but the TESB model has to have the same paint scheme so they painted the solid panel as though it's broken up into smaller ones. Even having the original ANH model in the shop didn't stop the TESB one from having a significantly different appearance.

Then I'll keep it ESB.. although I may still add a few decals.. the highway 1 sign on the cockpit is so distinctive.. it looks wrong without it..

So, I'm most likely will use Archive X paints for all my Star Wars models.. They are unfortunately Acrylic only.. has anyone used Revell Enamels? If so, what's your opinion on them?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back