image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Messing around with insaniac's character art

I've been following your work and it's quite impressive. I'm surprised you're doing Troglokhan since he received so little screen time. I assume you're going for a complete boxed Gorgonite collection though right? Any plans on turning a Troglokhan into a Freakenstein down the road?

I've been following your work and it's quite impressive. I'm surprised you're doing Troglokhan since he received so little screen time. I assume you're going for a complete boxed Gorgonite collection though right? Any plans on turning a Troglokhan into a Freakenstein down the road?

Thank you :) I'm surprised there isn't a higher demand for troglokhan as he is supposed to look, but yes my goal is to have a complete set of gorgonites with each respective box before I start on my commandos. Something down the line i may make his Frankenstein version, I have thought about it.

Everything is looking great!, I'm about to Convert my Archer / Chip into movie quality replicas, but this is impressive. I wish you were my dad XD. My dad did get me all the 6" gorgonites when i was little though. I wonder if one could scan those into a computer and size them up? then 3d print them out.

Everything is looking great!, I'm about to Convert my Archer / Chip into movie quality replicas, but this is impressive. I wish you were my dad XD. My dad did get me all the 6" gorgonites when i was little though. I wonder if one could scan those into a computer and size them up? then 3d print them out.

thanks, I'm flattered XD they probably could be scanned and sized up but I don't think they'd have the same effect. I may be wrong

also you should look into this stuff called "Green stuff" Its used in tabletop wargaming but its basically modifiable resin with the consistency of clay. Its what i'm using on my archer and its really good for small details. Personally i think your clay stuff is at a point where you should mold it into resin then use GreenStuff to amplify the fine details. I've never been able to make perfect molds so i just get the main point across then re-sculpt with the fine details.

also you should look into this stuff called "Green stuff" Its used in tabletop wargaming but its basically modifiable resin with the consistency of clay. Its what i'm using on my archer and its really good for small details. Personally i think your clay stuff is at a point where you should mold it into resin then use GreenStuff to amplify the fine details. I've never been able to make perfect molds so i just get the main point across then re-sculpt with the fine details.

ill definitely check it out, it sounds interesting thanks

Can I PLEASE BUY KIP FROM YOU .. Without the bandana and with a cigar ? The five o clock shadow etc

https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2592/3767456051_88b061fd4c.jpg
unfortunately I won't be starting on any of the comma does until I finish my gorgonites. But direct message me and we can talk further :)

- - - Updated - - -

How much would you be willing to pay? Because i think i could model him N/P minus the dog tags.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless Jok3er really wants to take this one.

you own some small soldiers? And what exactly do you mean by "unless jok3r really wants to take this one"? I haven't had my coffee yet so I'm a bit out of it so to speak XD

scratch.jpg Cool! To answer your questions i don't own any, aside from the 6" action figures, but I've reached a point where I'm going to start sculpting some of these guys for myself (only the ones i want really), because i could never have them when i was little. I model and paint tabletop war games and I'm a sculptor aswell. This movie was part of the reason i got into this sort of stuff. I was obsessed with it when i was little. And i meant take this one because i didn't know if you sculpted him yet or not. Heres a sneak peak to the Scratch-It i've been working on.

View attachment 477592 Cool! To answer your questions i don't own any, aside from the 6" action figures, but I've reached a point where I'm going to start sculpting some of these guys for myself (only the ones i want really), because i could never have them when i was little. I model and paint tabletop war games and I'm a sculptor aswell. This movie was part of the reason i got into this sort of stuff. I was obsessed with it when i was little. And i meant take this one because i didn't know if you sculpted him yet or not. Heres a sneak peak to the Scratch-It i've been working on.

thats the same reason I started my projects and scratch it is coming along nicely:)

Thanks, Yeah the three main ones I'm modeling are archer, Chip, Scratch-it and Punch-it. doing my test run on scratch it because hes the easiest aside from his bloody teeth. i had to do him at a lightly larger scale he's going to stand at about 5 inches.. But it looks like in the movies they used 3 different sizes for scratch-it depending on the scene, tying to combine some aspects of all three.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back