New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

Well, they say that the sonic is an extension of the TARDIS' technology, and that has always been unpredictable - seems like the sonic is extending this unpredictability!! Mine's ok for now....

It seems like everyone is having a say about 'psychic sonic', so I will say my part. Even if the eleventh (or twelfth) doctor does explicitly say that the sonic is 'psychic', we can use the theory that the sonic is an extension of the TARDIS' tech and say that becuase the TARDIS can communicate with people, so can the sonic. However, the method of communication could be subject to change.

I believe that Tennant listened to the slight variations in sound to know what the sonic was thinking (I.e. The sonic was talking to him). For me, Tennant's wasn't psychic. Maybe Smith's was. Both sonics can still COMMUNICATE with the user.

Well I mean. I dont have it on hand, and I dont feel like going to the store to get something that I'll only use once yenno?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Because you will only need a tiny amount then, you could ask a neighbour or friend if they have some black shoe polish which they wouldn't mind you using a tiny bit of, then you don't have to buy any nor any paint... just a thought

Because you will only need a tiny amount then, you could ask a neighbour or friend if they have some black shoe polish which they wouldn't mind you using a tiny bit of, then you don't have to buy any nor any paint... just a thought

Well I have paint on hand. But how do I apply it to the cracks? Of I dab it on and whipe it away it doesnt stay in the cracks.

Practice.
Don't wipe as hard. It's a scientific instrument. Not your bum.

Aha thats funny, and I dont whipe the paint off that hard. Actually ive gotten most of the cracks darkened but there is one spot of the sonic that just wont keep the paint no matter how soft I whipe it.

I had that too in a few places. I think the crackle isn't as deep in a few places for whatever reason.
Just gotta keep at it until you're satisfied.

It sounds like the tactile switch below the slider has failed, I would suggest contacting the gentlemen at the wand company, perhaps they may be able to help you. Also you might consider contacting the retailer you purchased it from, to resolve the problem.

Mine seems to have come back to life for now at least , Although it still gets stuck on when going over that bump , seems to be getting stiffer and stiffer.

I have emailed TWC about the loose end but seems to be some problem with them receiving the email

Hi all - two things really. Has anyone managed to find a paint which matches the original handle colour??? The right hand side of my slider button is beginning to show a little bit of wear.

And secondly, is my sonic the only sonic that is a dirt magnet????? And has anyone found a good cleaning solution to get all the dust and other rubbish off the sonic??? My blue strip is full of little dust particulates and under the teeth of the slider there seems to be dust as well....I would love any suggestions for this please.

Last edited:
Some canned air that you use for cleaning computer key boards should do the trick.

Hi all - two things really. Has anyone managed to find a paint which matches the original handle colour??? The right hand side of my slider button is beginning to show a little bit of wear.

And secondly, is my sonic the only sonic that is a dirt magnet????? And has anyone found a good cleaning solution to get all the dust and other rubbish off the sonic??? My blue strip is full of little dust particulates and under the teeth of the slider there seems to be dust as well....I would love any suggestions for this please.

I was thinking Q-tip or toothpick maybe? The canned air sounds safer though. Don't want the paint to come off.

Mine seems to have come back to life for now at least , Although it still gets stuck on when going over that bump , seems to be getting stiffer and stiffer.

I have emailed TWC about the loose end but seems to be some problem with them receiving the email

Spoke to soon , top half has now gone really stiff all of a sudden

I have a fix for anyone wanting to stop the clear rod from wobbling form side-to-side when it is extended (I think darthriley and a few other people were asking about it)

Prise off the collar with an exacto knife. this will allow you to pull the whole slider assembly out of the handle. where the clear rod joins with the white plastic is where it wobbles. holding the clear rod straight, run a small amount of superglue all along the seam between the rod and the white. the clear tube is now held straight in the slider assembly, and when you push it back into the handle and pop the collar back, it no longer wobbles.
i'll put up some pictures if anyone's interested

I have a fix for anyone wanting to stop the clear rod from wobbling form side-to-side when it is extended (I think darthriley and a few other people were asking about it)

Prise off the collar with an exacto knife. this will allow you to pull the whole slider assembly out of the handle. where the clear rod joins with the white plastic is where it wobbles. holding the clear rod straight, run a small amount of superglue all along the seam between the rod and the white. the clear tube is now held straight in the slider assembly, and when you push it back into the handle and pop the collar back, it no longer wobbles.
i'll put up some pictures if anyone's interested

Please do

Sorry, ignore this one, it posted twice for some reason

Attachments

• 2014-01-07-163056.jpg
    2014-01-07-163056.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 755
  • 2014-01-07-163121.jpg
    2014-01-07-163121.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 915
  • 2014-01-07-163143.jpg
    2014-01-07-163143.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 596
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 660
  • 2014-01-07-165735.jpg
    2014-01-07-165735.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 713
  • 2014-01-07-165823.jpg
    2014-01-07-165823.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Please do

I'm afraid the quality isn't very good

View attachment 271584
Prise the collar off with a thin, strong-bladed knife (CAREFULLY or you will make lots of unsightly scratches and dings)
View attachment 271585
Pull the assembly out of the handle.
View attachment 271587
The seam between the clear rod and the white plastic is loose, as it is held in due to a ridge that the white plastic clamps over, but not glued. in order to stop the wobbling we need to rectify this. This fix can also help if the clear tube sits crookedly when it is extended.
View attachment 271588
MAKING SURE YOU ARE HOLDING THE ROD STRAIGHT COMPARED TO THE WHITE PLASTIC, run a layer of glue along the seam between the two (red line)

when it's dry, push the slider assembly back in pop the collar back on.

Bonus round:
how the slider button works/is held on
View attachment 271589
View attachment 271590

Hopefully this has been useful or interesting to someone

I'm afraid the quality isn't very good

View attachment 271584
Prise the collar off with a thin, strong-bladed knife (CAREFULLY or you will make lots of unsightly scratches and dings)
View attachment 271585
Pull the assembly out of the handle.
View attachment 271587
The seam between the clear rod and the white plastic is loose, as it is held in due to a ridge that the white plastic clamps over, but not glued. in order to stop the wobbling we need to rectify this. This fix can also help if the clear tube sits crookedly when it is extended.
View attachment 271588
MAKING SURE YOU ARE HOLDING THE ROD STRAIGHT COMPARED TO THE WHITE PLASTIC, run a layer of glue along the seam between the two (red line)

when it's dry, push the slider assembly back in pop the collar back on.

Bonus round:
how the slider button works/is held on
View attachment 271589
View attachment 271590

Hopefully this has been useful or interesting to someone

I will use this method if mine gets the same problem.

Is anyone elses teeth slightly off centre causing it to catch when sliding it back into the handle ? , took a quick video to explain better -

teeth - YouTube

Its not a big deal but im concernced it could cause damage/wear to the teeth , as you may see in the video there is already some very minor marks on the edges but i assumed this was from manufacturing.

Last edited:
Just a little update on my last post , took a better video ( excuse the title , tried to make it something that wouldn't come up in searches ) and it seems that the whole assembly has a bit of a wobble which is causing the teeth not to align perfectly , I mentioned this to Richard at the wand company and he thinks it will be fine as its the same on his own sonic and has caused no damage.

Wbl - YouTube

While I have mentioned it I must say the customer service from the wand company has been some of the best i have ever known , Richard has replied to emails at 2:00am and has worked his magic on the stiff slider and even solved the movement when fully extended , They obviously have a great passion for what they do an it certainly shows in their care for the customers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back