Well, it looks like they made an updated version of Luke's ROTJ saber for TFA...

I like the showerhead emitter, at least it's something new. Someone putting their own mark on it, like TFA's hybrid ANH/ESB Skywalker. Eye of the beholder, I guess.

Maybe the holes have some practical purpose we're not privy to. Look at the emitter on this Prequels Kenobi, we never saw it on screen (as far as we know), but here it is in the flesh with little holes in it. Just throwing it out there.

Padwan Kenobi Lightsaber Emitter Closeup.jpg

Or maybe it's a salt shaker.

That saber was only seen in a few photos from EP3 from a deleted storyline where Obi-Wan loses that saber and then makes the EP3/EP4 version. Thank goodness they dropped that idea.

I'm in!

Really wanna see the feature this was shown in to get more frames, but I got the Best Buy version :/

A couple more blown up shots.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
LUKE TFA.jpgLUKE TFA2.jpgLUKE TFA3.jpg

Ok fellas. Here is what I came up with. It's a total hybrid of the stunt and hero ROTJ sabers, with the TFA details I can see added in. I don't think that this was a straight on rep of the hero with added details because the pommel cubes seem to have an angle like the stunt/v2 and the grip ridges are even. But I also don't think they copied the stunt exactly because the clamp and booster section look like the hero. So, I sort of combined details from both sabers and here's what I got. Sort of my artists interpretation of what a hero TFA Luke could look like with these new details added.

Great find! Thanks for sharing!
I wonder if Luke is wearing this saber for that one flashback scene where we see him touching R2?

Well, I'm like a kid before Christmas not wanting to wait for his presents. I don't think I'm going to wait for VIII to make this saber. I know that accuracy is kinda impossible at this point. But if I could do this thing cheap enough and incorporate the details that we are aware of at this point. Would anyone be interested?

Dan i feel the same way, I'm super excited over this. i am hoping for some more pictures though to determine what the control box exactly looks like. i think once more pictures surface we are better off. i seriously want one of these though!!

I am strangely more excited to see a new Luke saber onscreen than I was the Graflex. Maybe because Luke's has only been in one film and the Anakin saber had already gone through three iterations.

That said, I can't say I'd invest in a replica of this particular prop at this point in time. We don't even know if it'll ever appear onscreen. And if it does someday, then we'll get clearer photos and be able to make a more accurate replica in the future. So I'd wait till then. But that's just me.

I'm definitely seeing rivets.

Seriously though..

If I ever spring for this saber, it would be the Ep VIII version.

Just saying.

I am strangely more excited to see a new Luke saber onscreen than I was the Graflex. Maybe because Luke's has only been in one film and the Anakin saber had already gone through three iterations.

That said, I can't say I'd invest in a replica of this particular prop at this point in time. We don't even know if it'll ever appear onscreen. And if it does someday, then we'll get clearer photos and be able to make a more accurate replica in the future. So I'd wait till then. But that's just me.

Not appearing on screen hasn't stopped the Barbicon and Ranch Saber fans!

Not appearing on screen hasn't stopped the Barbicon and Ranch Saber fans!

No doubt! That's why I said just speaking for myself. The Barbican and Ranch sabers are fun too, but I'm not tryna add them to my collection either. I gotta draw the line somewhere for my own sanity. [emoji1] (However if money were no issue for me I might be singin a different tune.)

That said... The two odd sabers I WOULD like to have are the Shared Stunt Luke and the MoM Vader, because that Star Wars to Indy book made me love them years ago, and they'd make such a great display pair. [emoji4]

That book was a big source for me too. But it always confused me how the ones seen in there didn't match the tech journal.

Dan, looks great, of course I'm in! Any chance of making some parts out of copper? I know that's really pushing things,

First thing I would do is drill a hole right into the center of that emitter prong. I think they left it solid because the Graflex prong is solid. But they also have access to the archives so who knows what they found.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back