Machinist blueprint for Luke ROTJ saber

saultime

I apologize if this has already been done, but my searches did not turn up anything definitive. I’m a machinist (in training) and looking for the best set of blueprints out there for Luke’s ROTJ saber. I know there are several iterations of this saber, so what I’m interested in the best drawing available of whatever version—with all the dimensions called out correctly, etc etc. Accuracy is important, but not as important as a good blueprint to guide me through the project. Can you let me know what is out there? I look forward to sharing this build with the community one day.

If there are any blueprints out there of the various replicas that have been made, they are the property of those who have designed them due to the copious hours and in some cases years of time they have invested in studying the original prop reference photos and in researching it.

You may want to contact RPKCustoms on Instagram.

No. A lot are shown for free on the net. But if used the user has to decide if they a accurate enough for his taste. Off course they are not always perfect to the newest infos.

But as i understand him, he is more looking for a good complete BP than a most accurate one.

Just put "lightsaber blueprint" into google search and choose the one which floats your boat.

You can also easily take a shot from the side and blow it up to full size (about 1.5” diameter for the clamp on the V3 for example) and take calipers to find general dimensions.

I’ve done this, I know there’s parallax and some badly edited photos out there but you need a solid genera place to start before dialing it in.

I find I have more success in comparing ratios to known parts on the same prop than trying to measure one part, then start over measuring another part.

The Hero saber, side views (with known objects, like Graflex parts)

box6.jpg
LFLWhole.jpg
Image (1).jpeg

and the V3 side views

LFA_SharedStunt_VaderStunt1.jpg
V3Exhibit.jpg
6269358a123e11e6963bf23c910800e5.jpeg

No. A lot are shown for free on the net. But if used the user has to decide if they a accurate enough for his taste. Off course they are not always perfect to the newest infos.

But as i understand him, he is more looking for a good complete BP than a most accurate one.

Just put "lightsaber blueprint" into google search and choose the

What you're looking for doesn't exist as such. The most detailed blueprints you will find for your purposes are these below. However, the dimensions listed are inaccurate because it was based on a shrunken casting. On the original prop, the width under the control box was around 38mm and the overall length should be around 287mm. So what I'd do, is break out your calculator and modify the numbers presented below to compensate for the shrinkage. Length-wise, scale all the numbers by a factor of 1.0323; and width-wise, scale all the numbers by a factor of 1.0555. That should get you close enough without breaking your back.
luke_ep6_hero1.jpg

Last edited:
Master Replicas made a blueprint for the ROTJ saber, not sure if it has all the info but it's another source. You'll have to do a google image search for a hi res version.
lukerotj_a.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back