New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

Stunning, absolutely stunning. From stock pictures alone (I have only handled an MFX in real life) this looks to be one of the cleanest and crispest renditions of the sonic screwdriver yet. Once again thanks to Richard and the team- this appears to be an astounding achievement, though I will reserve my full judgement until my pre-ordered sonic is in my hands! ;)

Thanks again for all the kind words and support from everyone here - we really do appreciate all your enthusiasm.

Please don't set your expectations too high, though - we set out to make a Sonic Screwdriver that is a significant step up (in terms of quality, accuracy and features) from the Character Options toy, which is the reference point for 99% of the customers that we're trying to reach. Hopefully our product does achieve that goal (and we hope people feel that it's worth the extra money compared to the CO toy) but as I mentioned before, we're not trying to create the ultimate replica for the serious collector - there are some really excellent products already out there at the higher end.

Based on what we've seen so far, other than the handle being ABS instead of metal, it's hard to imagine how anything else is better. It's got superior functionality, it's a duplicate of Tennant's personal sonic screwdriver, and the molded crackle is arguably superior to paint because it's not going to wear down or scratch off. And all that for $99!

I think you guys are being unduly self-deprecating here.

Based on what we've seen so far, other than the handle being ABS instead of metal, it's hard to imagine how anything else is better. It's got superior functionality, it's a duplicate of Tennant's personal sonic screwdriver, and the molded crackle is arguably superior to paint because it's not going to wear down or scratch off. And all that for $99!

+1 to that!

I could not agree more. TWC is giving us an amazing deal on an amazing product and not only does it look awesome, it's as close to a real working sonic screwdriver as we're gonna come in a long time!

I received the eleventh remote.
After looking this thread,I was hoping a very nice prop,because on photo it looked quite good...,in fact,nothing terrific,just some plastic and cast Zamac.
I don't know how this 10th will be,zamac,or machined aluminum,seems more like it will be real aluminum,good point.
I was planning to buy it,in my basket on BBC shop for about one month,but I think I will save some bucks and buy something better for much more money...still don't know for the moment,I will wait for the feedbacks,and "real" photos from other members.

What would be very great,if the tenth is finally a good prop, would be a accurate variation of the eleventh,from same company,but using real materials,especially aluminum,and copper,and,accurate shape....

Last edited:
What would be very great,if the tenth is finally a good prop, would be a accurate variation of the eleventh,from same company,but using real materials,especially aluminum,and copper,and,accurate shape....

Well you won't get that for the superb price the Wand Company are selling these for. Come on be realistic! If you want that fork out extra cash. The Wand company do have their ultimate edition of the 11th Sonic and as Richard has said there are other versions from different Co's that are top end. They are more expensive but you are getting full metal.

If your still not sure, pop down to one of the outlets, and have a look. Once again this is a good price for a Sonic remote with various sounds to play with, how can you think it's not?

We would have all happily dropped $300.00 for this 6 years ago without batting an eye! Even now, they could have charged more and we would have paid it.

Alright...I've had it.

If I get ONE MORE STINKING E-MAIL FROM THINKGEEK WITH '10TH DOCTOR' IN THE STINKING FIRST LINE...& IT'S NOT THIS REMOTE!!!!!

This time, it's a travel mug.

...sigh...

Alright...I've had it.

If I get ONE MORE STINKING E-MAIL FROM THINKGEEK WITH '10TH DOCTOR' IN THE STINKING FIRST LINE...& IT'S NOT THIS REMOTE!!!!!

This time, it's a travel mug.

...sigh...

Funny, I have not gotten any emails from them. maybe I should be worried! I did go and click the email sign up and it told me that I had already done it, so I am not to terrified of missing out when they come in.

If there's one concern I have about this sonic going in, it's this: what do we do when the battery inevitably dies? Is there any kind of battery replacement program? Is it a custom design, or are there off-the-shelf units that we could use to replace it ourselves? Etc, etc.

If there's one concern I have about this sonic going in, it's this: what do we do when the battery inevitably dies? Is there any kind of battery replacement program? Is it a custom design, or are there off-the-shelf units that we could use to replace it ourselves? Etc, etc.

Er... you plug it into your laptop. it's chargeable like a mobile phone. Have you visited the site? There's pictures and Q&A section. Best place to go 1st to answer all your questions.

Er... you plug it into your laptop. it's chargeable like a mobile phone. Have you visited the site? There's pictures and Q&A section. Best place to go 1st to answer all your questions.

I'm pretty sure he means when the battery eventually goes bad and loses the ability to hold a charge, not just when it goes dead from use.

Er... you plug it into your laptop. it's chargeable like a mobile phone.

Er... and if the battery in your mobile phone dies, you replace it. When the battery of an iphone user's iphone dies, they would have to send it in via replacement program.

Er... and if the battery in your mobile phone dies, you replace it. When the battery of an iphone user's iphone dies, they would have to send it in via replacement program.

Yep fair point, didn't think that's what he meant. Apologies

When my iPhone dies I just plug it in and after a couple seconds it reboots…Also, the more pictures I see of the final production model I get more reasurance. The first couple of photos I saw I literally thought "Hmm, I wish the end bulb was darker" and "Hmm, I wish the wire twist was more pronounced" :lol A couple of other things like the black cap and crackle texture have met every single "I wish" that I set a couple months ago

I received the eleventh remote.
After looking this thread,I was hoping a very nice prop,because on photo it looked quite good...,in fact,nothing terrific,just some plastic and cast Zamac.
I don't know how this 10th will be,zamac,or machined aluminum,seems more like it will be real aluminum,good point.
I was planning to buy it,in my basket on BBC shop for about one month,but I think I will save some bucks and buy something better for much more money...still don't know for the moment,I will wait for the feedbacks,and "real" photos from other members.

Yeah, as he's said, with the functionality and number of actual ARCHIVED bbc sounds, as well as the durable materials and rechargable battery instead of replaceable watch batteries, the only thing you'd be sacrificing for this 'replica' is accuracy. But for $300 less? You're not gonna find a better one.

Well you won't get that for the superb price the Wand Company are selling these for. Come on be realistic! If you want that fork out extra cash. The Wand company do have their ultimate edition of the 11th Sonic and as Richard has said there are other versions from different Co's that are top end. They are more expensive but you are getting full metal.

If your still not sure, pop down to one of the outlets, and have a look. Once again this is a good price for a Sonic remote with various sounds to play with, how can you think it's not?

I think the 10 th doctor screwdriver semms to be good,after looking at more pics,seems it will have a good look,and would get a good prop.
-The plastic cast choice seems a good compromise between accuracy and durability,and it can be enhanced,I have my idea about it.
-the other parts look like aluminum,and it gives a good looking,some accuracy and "serious"pattern,I like it.
just,waiting for the feedbacks.
For me,this from wand company is far better than the Mfx at first look,no comparition.
But I have really been disapointed with the 11th screwdriver,so...feedbacks and photos before.

About the 11th,accuracy is like comparing a mr to a real vintage lightsaber.....or course,mr are funny,and interesting,easy to find and "licensed"but they still are some "adult toys",not prop replica as I imagine them.

I have two choices:
-take sound from the remote and put in a self machined prop...
-find a good prop somewhere,but it doesn't exist,I have only seen the "original" ones for 4000$,and the one from Anakin Starkiller,close to the real thing in shape and material,but...not for sale.

Could you tell me more about the available props on the market?
I made a quick search and didn't find lots of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back