Face Off Season 5

well, that elimination was anti climatic as ****

srsly, they did try really hard to not criticise any of them, but mirandas overall makeup was so much worse than everyone elses.

i mean everyone else did a whole body makeup, and she made a face sculpt, and punched some feathers into the hands. the sculpt was good no doubt, but the overall stuff was just weak compared to anyone elses.

but apparently they didnt want to have anyone feeling bad.

I think Miranda was just burned-out after weeks of competition, and she found sculpting to be a way to relax and unwind but ultimately the last 2 challenges all the time she spent sculpting instead of moving forward with molding and painting hurt her make-ups. She 'slowed down' while everyone kept the pace needed to achieve superior products.

I know people close to the show read this thread, so I wish to express gratitude in respects there has been no drama...none of that reality tv over-the-top garbage.

If this is true, THANK YOU to those in the show for not turning Face Off into crap like that cosplay show.

I am really happy the Roy got through. His fabrication, and big ideas are very ambitious.
His ambition almost cost him in this last episode but he pulled though, and I am happy he did.

Really I'll be happy with any of the 3 winning, all of them are outstanding. This is the first season picking a favorite to win is like picking your favorite child.

As much as I like Laura I think Tate deserves it, I thought he deserved it on season 1. Plus he has more top looks then the others if I recall.

But like you all said, I'm happy with either one, this has been the best season so far. :)

I thought Tate should have won his season also, but I think between Laura and Tate- Laura is slightly ahead as a designer, painter and overall make-up.

Roy's a good dude but I'd like to see Laura or Tate wine it. Both of done some awesome work and also some not so much. I've actually been disappointed a couple times with Laura's work this season so I'm hoping she goes balls to the wall on Tuesday.

I would be happy with either Laura or Tate winning. Both have had great designs throughout the season. I've never been a big fan of Roy. In my opinion, his designs are weird and the results always seem a bit sloppy. Not much of his stuff would seem to be "screen ready" which the judges seem to focus on quite a bit.

Oh and in general about the show (and already mentioned by a few others) I LOVE the lack of drama and fighting between the contestants. The producers could have very easily gone the route of other reality shows and focus on what happens at the house. They really stick to the business of their work.

Tate, all the way. Roy often bites off much more than he can chew, and the overall product suffers. Laura's work just seems vanilla to me. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it is just missing something to make it great. Last week she was very fortunate. Other than a very good facial sculpt, it was nothing more than a bird suit. Very weak entry to be so close to the end.

Tate went for over the top, and delivered. He's going to spank the others this week.

I'm really enjoying this show and all the creativity - I only wish they were given more time so that we could see what they are capable of when they don't have to rush so much. It kills me when they can't fulfill the vision they have because of time. And the judges say it's time management, but then they get these HUGE projects and ding them when they do not go full out.

It's the nature of the competition aspect of the show and keeping themselves on budget, but what I really love about Project Runway is that in their final collection they are given WEEKS to complete several looks. You really get to see what each designer is really made of and not just compare who is good under pressure.

I have a hard time picking between Laura and Tate as well; I like them both for different reasons. Both of them have vision for a character that has personality and then work that into their sculpt and costume and both are talented in making it happen and seeing it through - and both are great people! It'll probably come down to which of them the challenge resonates with the most.

I also like the way that these people are nice and help each other and sad when someone leaves. I'm so tired of backstabbing and that kind of drama. As much as I like Inkmaster, let's face it, everyone on the show is the rear end of a donkey. I wouldn't want to know ANY of them in my real life, whereas these people seem genuine and likable.

But one thing from Inkmaster I wish they would do is, for the finale, give each contestant a long time--weeks or even months--for their final creation. Imagine what some of these people could do with more time!

And my vote goes for Tate.

I think Roy is in trouble. But it all comes down to how the producers edited the episode. They often make it look like someone is lost, then they win.

Laura's makeups were awesome. The only thing is I didn't get renaissance from hers at all. In fact hers came off more as Ming dynasty than anything. Tate's were awesome and his swan was the best. With those feathers, her performance was great. His sorcerer was really cool but I have to agree with hetrick, he came off as more of a hobo than a sorcerer. Roy's was good but to be honest nothing fantastic.

Good season finale nonetheless.

Such a tough call tonight! I think Roy might have lost a little edge because his wizard had to lose a significant portion of his costume to dance. Laura's level of intricate detail pretty much nailed Renaissance. Tate...it was good work, but I just felt the concept was just "off." Can't put my finger on it exactly. Like the judges pointed out, the wizard didn't come off as powerful, but more as derelict (the slack face, the tattered clothing.)

My instinct for "industrial" was perhaps too literal and bland. I would have made the wizard more like Steampunk/clockwork automaton, and kept the idea that the wizard was turning her into a clockwork swan. But hey, easy to say things like this when there is no pressure and you make decisions from your couch.

Beautiful work all around though! Nothing on that stage was shoddy or bland in anyway.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back