New BMF coming

Nice video review. Question, Are the landing gear parts that snap into the lower hull or are they molded as part of the lower hull itself? It certainly looks like this was made with us in mind when this "toy" was designed!

The Landing Pads are molded in place. I would be really interested in seeing a large scale blueprint that could be scaled to this size as an overlay of sorts. I've not found anything out there YET :)

I had to grab one of these as the price was so good. Not SS, but has the makings I think of a very good looking display. Mine showed up Friday, it's still in the box as I have other projects to attend to at the moment. But from what I've seen so far, cut out the landing gear, cover holes, fix the radar dish, cut out the cockpit windows, cut out the upper gun turret, mount it through the lower gun turret, fix the forward tooth area, and add details to the sides... And add a killer paint job., light it, and cut out the rear engine area and add opaque/transparent plastic sheet! Will need some more TLC but that's my first impression, love the size and look.

Tell me what areas you need, I'll give you measurements. If you can make 3d parts, that's a hell of a lot easier then scratching them.

Stand by and I will let you know. I'm thinking sidewalls first. Most visual/dramatic upgrade first.

O.K. so let's have the measurements for the side walls. I will also need the cockpit measurements -inner and outer maximum and minimum diameter, and length-, radar dish diameter and cannons length.
I also need to know the width of the Falcon, to calculate the scale, more or less. And is it 27.5 or 28 inches long and the width?

I'm not a Falcon expert by any means. I know the new Hasbro is a mash of 5 foot and 32 inch details. Which should the upgrade parts be modeled after? We will go with majority rules. Just need the measurements.

I know the new Hasbro is a mash of 5 foot and 32 inch details....

Yeah, that's the sad part. The shape looks like a nice 5-foot burger Falcon but the details look mostly 32" especially the engine deck. I'd say 2 sets of parts would be nice, so anyone can have both options of parts they can glue on.

O.K. so let's have the measurements for the side walls. I will also need the cockpit measurements -inner and outer maximum and minimum diameter, and length-, radar dish diameter and cannons length.
I also need to know the width of the Falcon, to calculate the scale, more or less. And is it 27.5 or 28 inches long and the width?

I'll post them this afternoon.

Cool thanks.
Here are the specs of this beauty. The more I look at it, it looks like a blank canvas ready to be made awesome. Keep in mind with my side wall lengths, I measured only the flat non detailed area. For example, if you look at the side view mandible my measurement of the length is only the area you see blank/non detailed space. This is not including the vertical detail you see at tip of the front. Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.
Measurements Side.jpgMeasurements Top.jpg

The radar dish is over-sized for its scale. It's basically the same size of the studio scale 32". Also, It seems as though the side wall height should be the same once you get past the mandibles, but I triple checked my measurements and it's correct 1' and then it goes down to 7/8" towards the rear.

Just remember though this could be made from the same type of plastic (PE) as the new X-Wing and it is being reported that this is the type of plastic that NOTHING adheres to.

@kokkari, just looking at your pics of the measurements and it seems you've already opened up the cockpit. How hard was that to achieve?

Last edited:
Just remember though this could be made from the same type of plastic (PE) as the new X-Wing and it is being reported that this is the type of plastic that NOTHING adheres to.

@kokkari, just looking at your pics of the measurements and it seems you've already opened up the cockpit. How hard was that to achieve?

It wasn't hard to cut it out. I used a combination of a dremel, box cutter and exacto knife. the hard part is sanding it. The plastic is soft and kind of shreds and balls up instead of sanding smooth. I don't know if it's the same type of plastic as the x-wing, but it seems as though to me that the plastic on the side walls is a different type. I'm not sure though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but what about the Duplicolor line of paints and primers designed for flexible plastic bumpers? Might be worth a try. If you could get a primer coat to stay on as a barrier, you should be good to go on the rest. I'll try some when I get mine in hand.

Robert

kokkari, thanks for the measurements. Can you get me the inner diameter of the cockpit tube as well. This will help to get the cockpit set the right size. Oh and the length of the quad laser canon.

:cool

Last edited:
Has anyone done the math on what scale this is? If not no big deal just found myself wondering what scale figures would be a good fit for this?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back