Y-Wing Building

Damnit Steve, I AM NOT FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon11.gif

I know our not Fighting DarkSide...just messing with you all.. The TIE guy has to poke at cha every once in a while! Thats what you guys get trying to scratch a crappy rebel fighter! Stick with the Empire and you'll never go wrong!
Laters,
Steve

Darkside,

I don't know where MOM is these days... I thought it was over! I will be in Japan next month, and again in October. If it is there, then I will DEFINITELY go take some shots! Is there a schedule somewhere?

The place in Japan for model kits I am talking about is actually in Akihabara, not Shibuya, which is a section of Tokyo. From what I understand there is a store with floors and floors of model kits. I know some of the Tamiya kits are retooled, but they most likely have a wide selection of Bandai, Fujimi, Dragon, and Nichimo there also. I wish I knew what kits NOT to buy so that I don't spend too much and end up contributing nothing that you guys didn't already know.

Steve,

I would like to do a TIE Interceptor. Is the Studio Interceptor the same size as the Standard TIE? I always thought it was bigger...

P.S. Did you know that Revell Germany is re-releasing the 1/9 Kettenkrad, BMW R75, and Zundapp?

check this out I am pretty sure I see a 1/9 kettenkrad engine half

kettenkrad.jpg

I have pics of poth sides and the same engine half is on the other side IMO
so 2 kits are needed

ca

I thought so too the revell germany box is black or blue and the america box is off white with weird strips on it I only saw it once and the guy wanted over a hundered for it at a local store
ca

The Art of Star Wars exhibit will be at the F u k u s h i m a Prefecture Museum from September to December. I will try my very best to get there, and if the Lord is willing, it will happen (it is some 200 miles from me). I will try to get a guy who is an amateur photographer (He's pretty good, trust me) to go with me, but this is not guaranteed. If he can't make it, then I will just take the photos myself. If you have any special requests (Y Wing and other), you can e-mail them to me (r_e_flint@yahoo.com). Please tell me exactly what we are looking for on the Y. As far as I know, we need good, clear shots of the upper and lower "neck" close to the head and cockpit. If there are any other specifics, please let me know. I will try and make it in September, but the latest will be sometime in October. Thanks guys!

great offer flint I beleive you are correct about the neck but then again I am a newbie here it would be great if we could get some shots of inside of the rear nacelle's I can't see more than one or two parts in there looks like a bandai german tank gun breach but as I said I am just a newbie

ca

Ron,

Requests:
1.Upper (inner) neck.
2.Upper top mid/back.
3. Starboard/right side of the model (from just froward of the wing toward cockpit, where the recessed "T" of the body resides.

The following areas in a high,clear,sick resolution would be super.
icon_smile.gif

Picture875.jpg

duly noted.

How about the bottom portion of the forward-most part of the neck? Need a shot of that too?

Also, before we get our hopes up, there is no guarantee that I will be able to make it. I will seriously try to the utmost of my abilities to make it. As it stands right now, there are no forseen problems. However, things can change at the drop of a hat.

Thanks guys
Flint

On the upside, the trains are great in Japan, so fundage and time aside, you should have little trouble in getting to any metro location you need to get to.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Flintlock wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
How about the bottom portion of the forward-most part of the neck? Need a shot of that too?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I have the rest of the Gold Y covered well. But you may wish to cover the WHOLE model for others and offer a disc or something. As I said before those areas often come out blurred or the flash has washed them out making the parts very difficult to see clearly. It's always frustrating when you have 100's of pictures and can't see absolutely everything.

Again if you can get there if would be MOST appreciated. Would you be using a digital camera? If you like and you swear to take care of her you can borrow my new one. It's 4.0 mega pixel, resolution is 2448 x 1632 and has a 10x zoom (3x optical and 3.3x digital). Low light auto focus etc etc, all the bells and whistles. The best thing about digital is the ability to check your work and eliminate shots that are crap on the spot
icon_wink.gif
With the 256MB card you can get a lot of pictures. Let me know ASAP, we can work something out.

Jamie

tell me what you all think about this it looks like a close match to me sealab part again ? of course I could be wrong and often am (speculation is my middle name)

UNKNOWN3side.jpg

ca

Looks like it is right, Boatbuilder

The following kits may be worth a look at:

Tamiya M26 Pershing
Tamiya M60A2
Tamiya US Tank Destroyer M36 Jackson
Tamiya US Tank Destroyer M10

I think they are all 1/35. Anyone have any notes on these?

Also, what parts from the Fujimi 1/76 Jagdtiger are used?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back