X-Wing Madness. Flying at last!

Re: X-Wing Madness. Not here, just boring old fun!

If I can get the nose cone done in the morning then she will fly for the first time tomorrow

Re: X-Wing Madness. Not here, just boring old fun!

I couldn't resist got the nose cone done & added the wings. Still lots to do, but I had to see if it all looked right so far....................A quick shot in the dark gloomy English Summer of Rain & wind.

red32.jpg

Red31.jpg

Re: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

Thanks guys, here's a couple more quick shots. I only have till Tuesday to finish her up so I'll get my skates on. I reckon a good full day should do it????

red35.jpg

red37.jpg

The low light really makes it look a bit flat but when she's done I'll take lots of good pic's.

Last edited:
Re: X-Wing Madness. One more day!

Holly ***** !

The best X-Wing ever done Guy, that's trully awesome, I lack the words to describe it ! I would like to see it in personn... A great source of inspiration for sure... Cant wait to see pics with a better light !

Grandiose mon ami ! :thumbsup

Wow! That's really as good as it gets. It's a shame you couldn't get your girlfriend to get some video while you work and upload it onto youtube/vimeo or something. All the subtle weathering really puts it over the edge. Impressive

Guy...just frikkin wowsers lol. I second what Julien said, best X done by far, its got the full on warts and all prop feel to it, and we all know, thats not easy to replicate......so, DO you love her more than the girlfriend :lol?

I think a big bunch of flowers is in order buddy for the lass, youve been working hard hehe!

lee

Thanks for all your incredibly kind words fellas, Its not over till its over but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. All I ever wanted for this is to be as good as I can do with the ref I have. There are so many skills I've yet to learn such as washes & filters that I just dont understand yet. One thing with this build I still haven't worked out how to do is dust with water stains, after years of sitting on a shelf a fine layer of dust has built up & at some point water has dripped from a great hight then more dust on top. I'm guessing thats whats happened but I want to do it if possible, any ideas would be ace? I'm worried about dull coat as it has lost some pastel work in the past for me & some of it is really subtle but important to the look??? I may give it a little blast of dull coat then splat it with enamel thinners mixed with pastel, or add the pastel as dust then splat with water, need to do some tests but it wont be for a while, unless I don't go to bed for 2 days? Hmmmmmmm!

Lee, both equally:lol, of to the florist tomorrow. Your very correct bud, I have almost been selfish with my time on this build I just had to get it done before I go & its taken up most of my free time over the past couple of weeks. Michelle has been brilliant in not hasseling me & putting up with my constant obsession with this Red 3. I will make it up to her, I was thinking I could send her over to Juliens for a few days while I finish it???:lol:lol:lol

She's really low maintenance mate, I'll let you know when she's on her way.

Party at my house chaps, I've got loads of booze so just turn up. Julien we'll send you some pics bud:love:love

Last edited:

The pressure is on now, I have not much time left, been working on the tie in of it all & some important weathering area's that I had not yet started. The back end being the most obvious. I've decided I just cant do little figures so I would like to commission someone to paint the R2 & pilot for me, if anyone can recommend someone in the UK that would be ace but as long as they can do a great job I dont mind spending the cash.

Please pm me if your interested?

IMG_00311.jpg

tiein1.jpg

tiein2.jpg

tiein4.jpg

Last edited:

I think I've done it, I can only go overboard from here on in so I can say its a wrap. This has been one of the most fun builds I've done. I'll try & get some Kurt style pics up tomorrow, but for now this is what she looks like.
done1.jpg

That is one of the most amazing builds I've ever seen. I am continually in awe of your painting and weathering abilities.

You're a big inspiration.

-best

Dan

Re: X-Wing Madness. Finished!

Thanks guy's, its just been pointed out to me that the I've got my wing angles the wrong way round, oops back to the drawing board :cry.

Never mind, it gives me a chance to get it right on the illusive Red ! ????

Wing angles?

Thanks guy's, its just been pointed out to me that the I've got my wing angles the wrong way round, oops back to the drawing board :cry.

Never mind, it gives me a chance to get it right on the illusive Red ! ????

Hi mike I think the the top wings might be at a greater angle than the bottom ones? If you look at the pic of the back of my X the top wings do the to 2 wings look like they may be too high, I'm not that sure? On the wing mounts I have them fixed to the top hull & there is a gap between the wing mounts at the bottom hull, should it be the other way round or another way completely?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back