Would you pre-order from eFx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol My last crumb to you, This whole thread is the evidence! :lol

And... still no evidence of bashing or trolling or my "agenda" for you to post.
Not a single post example? Let alone an "agenda"?

I'm happy you're done. It's getting embarrassing.

As do you!

You started out on the wrong foot here but you do have valid points that I already have addressed.

Only the future will tell how you turn out here but I think you will turn out fine.

Now DON'T PROVE ME WRONG or else I'll throw a lightning bolt up yer wazoo!

I like you, you make me laugh. :lol

Kerr, you don't see a problem where he was banned for bashing efx, the create a sock-puppet there and continue?

You don't think he would not try that here, albeit he would not last long as other members here sniff them out REAL fast

I don't see him 'bashing' anyone here. Assuming he did bash someone on another board though, that's not ban worthy here according to any rules I'm aware of. The only one 'bashing' anyone is you with your constant assault in this thread. And if he created a sock puppet on another forum, that's also not a offense here either. In fact, you have broken more rules by dragging other board issues up here and attacking him right from the get go instead of simply using a counter argument. I quite frankly don't think you've made any impact here but to make people look at your behavior with some concern.

Is any of this really necessary? This thread is littered with off-topic posts that do nothing but create hostility between members rather than foster a positive environment, which is what this community is all about. I would think someone that has been around that long with such a high post count would understand that.

I'm with you Kevin.
I had my pre-order question answered back on pg 7.
The variety of opinion surprised me. There is nothing wrong with that!

I'm tired of the hostility. My own posts have even started to poke back at some of the attacks. I don't want to poke back at people.
I came here to learn more about props and models and get information about pending and future products. (mostly Star Wars stuff).

Namaste all.

I don't see him 'bashing' anyone here. Assuming he did bash someone on another board though, that's not ban worthy here according to any rules I'm aware of. The only one 'bashing' anyone is you with your constant assault in this thread. And if he created a sock puppet on another forum, that's also not a offense here either. In fact, you have broken more rules by dragging other board issues up here and attacking him right from the get go instead of simply using a counter argument. I quite frankly don't think you've made any impact here but to make people look at your behavior with some concern.

I agree with this too. If anything Apollo's been more out of line than anyone attacking relentlessly and I would never deal with a company with such poor ability to update or has customer service issues like this.

I think when DavidR1, Rylo and MicDavis stand by something...

Your good.

Not that I condone 80's glam rock... But if this thread had a theme song...

It would be RATT's 'round and round'.

Over, and over.

Last edited:
I have to say. I have always heard they make great stuff. BUT...I saw the BSG Colonial Viper Helmet on ebay and thought wow, looks amazing, signed by 2 stars...I gotta have. I went to their site and it says pre-order now, shipping in December 2011! WOW...No updates on the page, and it's 6 months late already. From a business standpoint, I just can't order form them. I know everyone is saying they are great etc, and i know they try to make the best for the price, but running a company is not just about the product. It also about appearing like a safe place for the customer. I can't say it makes me comfortable ordering from them when they are so late with products and don't update pages etc. I shouldn't have to search out boards to see if they are good etc. Again, not trying to be difficult, but I would have a problem feeling comfortable ordering from them. IMHO

I still contest the assertion that I "bashed" eFx over there at all.

Some facts, since you can't seem to remember what you wrote.

You had 14 posts with your first registration. 6 of 7 of your initial posts were bashing eFX. The rest with your socks account were all bashing eFX or forum admin.

Your very first post:

"Obviously too much to ask from eFx.
The WORST customer service I have ever seen.
Only ONE status update for a product that is over a year overdue??!!
Seriously??!!
Flat ignoring customer's email...."

This from somebody what only says: "I want eFX to do well."

You then posted made up answers to a set of questions for Bryan at eFX. Your answers were a complete fabrication and were designed to continue to bash eFX.

Your intro:

"It took me just under 90 minutes to answer the 59 eFx questions. (nothing better to do on a grey Seattle afternoon)
Start time: 1230
Finished: 1357 (I type slow)
I wonder how long before we hear from Bryan.

My totally made up answers: (just trying to estimate time to answer questions)"

These types of postings will never help a company do well.

It was your continued bashing of eFX, and forum admin that got your account locked.

It was your registering of a socks account, and the use of that account to continue to bash that got you banned again. You may claim ignorance, but it's clearly not allowed and a rule you agreed to with your registration.

You have an agenda and that is do everything you can to make it sound like you are out there pulling for eFX to do well, when in fact you are not.

You have registered accounts at RS and here, for the sole purpose of making a huge issue out of this.

Even reviewing your firsts posts here at the rpf are telling of your agenda.

Your first post:

"wow"

Your second post:

"RebelScum is HEAVILY censored. Careful what you post or you will get banned.
Almost every post critical of eFx gets deleted or locked. I'm not talking about flaming or profanity, but "eFx needs to improve their customer service" will not survive.

I speculated it was because of RS getting advertising $ from eFx and got banned. Must have struck a nerve.

What is the point of a forum if the truth is censored?

I would love to see a TIE status update from Bryan/eFx."

Your third post:

"Not really my place to tell RS how to run their forum. Their forum, their rules & censorship.
I have no interest in a forum where people aren't free to post the truth (in a respectful manner).
Certainly no need to waste more space on this Vader Helmet thread.

Just wanted to say hi to JCoffman99. He made a really good point about measuring dimensions of your own stand. He also had given me some good eFx TIE background.

Your fourth post:

"Very good advise!
Measuring your actual product (helmet/ship/weapon) will save $ and headache.

Say hi for me over at RS.
I realized that all the deleting & locking of posts critical of eFx was probably because of eFx advertising $ to RS. I was immediately banned for mentioning it! "

This looks like an agenda to me.

You're so stuck on "the truth", maybe you should try it out for yourself sometime.

I'll just wrap this up with a suggestion.

If you want to harm an enemy, you go bomb him.

If you want to help a friend, you don't.

Keep that in mind the next time you decide to post in this manner for a company you wish well to.

I pointed his posts to the OP as well earlier in this thread Philip.

But, and I am defending nobody here, browsing RS a little, I myself did notice that almost any thread complaining about eFx was locked, even if no aggressive 'bashing' was present.

It was surprising to note one thread where a member there asked Gino, as a representative of eFx, some questions, and Gino replied something to the effect of "Sorry, it's not my place to answer those questions".

All these factors contribute to frustration.

I also realise you said earlier something to the effect of that in your experience it is counter-productive to 'bash' a licencee, but I also think that so many different people complaining about eFx communications shows that something is terribly wrong in that area.

Of course, this is understandably not really your direct 'problem' either, but eFx should indeed pull their socks up and avoid these complaints in the first place.

I think the majority agree on that point, and I am also sure you would have less headaches if they simply communicated a little better.

I think the majority agree on that point, and I am also sure you would have less headaches if they simply communicated a little better.

The problem is that many people think this is something eFX doesn't know and that threads banging eFXs head against the wall saying this over and over helps.

It does not. It only hurts.

Spend your energy helping, not hurting.

The threads that were locked on RS were a result of dozens of different threads all saying the same things. There was a real meltdown in our prop "community" over there by a very select few who couldn't respectfully voice their unhappiness and thought that the more threads they started that said the same things, the more their points would be valid. (I myself am unhappy so please don't take me as eFx can do no wrong.) The thing I love about RS is that it is gerneally much happier than the RPF with regards to everybody getting along when it comes to props. Heck even Vader threads remain civil. :)

The other issue was that we had several new folk show up all of a sudden who just wanted to complain. They didn't read any of the other threads. Had they, they would have seen the answers to the questions they were looking for. If you're new to a community the first thing you should do is introduce yourself, look around, and get know some folks. If you jump right in with, "I hate the thing you guys have been coming here for years to talk about." You're not going to be around long.

Santa_Vader_Christmas_by_rcandrei.jpg

Some facts, since you can't seem to remember what you wrote.

You had 14 posts with your first registration. 6 of 7 of your initial posts were bashing eFX. The rest with your socks account were all bashing eFX or forum admin.

Your very first post:

"Obviously too much to ask from eFx.
The WORST customer service I have ever seen.
Only ONE status update for a product that is over a year overdue??!!
Seriously??!!
Flat ignoring customer's email...."

This from somebody what only says: "I want eFX to do well."

You then posted made up answers to a set of questions for Bryan at eFX. Your answers were a complete fabrication and were designed to continue to bash eFX.

Your intro:

"It took me just under 90 minutes to answer the 59 eFx questions. (nothing better to do on a grey Seattle afternoon)
Start time: 1230
Finished: 1357 (I type slow)
I wonder how long before we hear from Bryan.

My totally made up answers: (just trying to estimate time to answer questions)"

These types of postings will never help a company do well.

It was your continued bashing of eFX, and forum admin that got your account locked.

It was your registering of a socks account, and the use of that account to continue to bash that got you banned again. You may claim ignorance, but it's clearly not allowed and a rule you agreed to with your registration.

You have an agenda and that is do everything you can to make it sound like you are out there pulling for eFX to do well, when in fact you are not.

You have registered accounts at RS and here, for the sole purpose of making a huge issue out of this.

Even reviewing your firsts posts here at the rpf are telling of your agenda.

Your first post:

"wow"

Your second post:

"RebelScum is HEAVILY censored. Careful what you post or you will get banned.
Almost every post critical of eFx gets deleted or locked. I'm not talking about flaming or profanity, but "eFx needs to improve their customer service" will not survive.

I speculated it was because of RS getting advertising $ from eFx and got banned. Must have struck a nerve.

What is the point of a forum if the truth is censored?

I would love to see a TIE status update from Bryan/eFx."

Your third post:

"Not really my place to tell RS how to run their forum. Their forum, their rules & censorship.
I have no interest in a forum where people aren't free to post the truth (in a respectful manner).
Certainly no need to waste more space on this Vader Helmet thread.

Just wanted to say hi to JCoffman99. He made a really good point about measuring dimensions of your own stand. He also had given me some good eFx TIE background.

Your fourth post:

"Very good advise!
Measuring your actual product (helmet/ship/weapon) will save $ and headache.

Say hi for me over at RS.
I realized that all the deleting & locking of posts critical of eFx was probably because of eFx advertising $ to RS. I was immediately banned for mentioning it! "

This looks like an agenda to me.

You're so stuck on "the truth", maybe you should try it out for yourself sometime.

I'll just wrap this up with a suggestion.

If you want to harm an enemy, you go bomb him.

If you want to help a friend, you don't.

Keep that in mind the next time you decide to post in this manner for a company you wish well to.

Phil,
I actually appreciate you responding so I know what YOU consider bashing.

I admit the wording is blunt in the first one, but it it true.
I don't think anything I posted about eFx was not true or hyper-critical.
My point about the question for Bryan was that it only took a short time to answer them. Have answers yet? Of my made up answers, maybe 10% were sarcastic/funny. "When will the TIE come out? - TIE fighter, we'er making a TIE?"

I stand by my censorship opinions. I "speculated" as to the reason, since I wasn't given one at the time. The ban pop-up box said, You have been banned, no reason given, expires never. The first time. Not a suspension as you stated.
I have already said that I didn't know creating a second account was a sockpuppet and a big deal. If that violated forum rules, you were perfectly right to ban me the second time.

Sorry, I'm doing this in a hurry, but I've got a trip. Will address more later.

So if you were banned from a store by a police officer or manager, you think changing your clothes and comming right back in would be OK?

In the posts Phil quoted... You use a lot of forum jargon that makes it even harder to believe that you dont know what a sockpuppet is or why it's bad...

Idk. From the get go its seemed more personal than a complaint about a company...

Since you are soo honest... Have you ever been banned from the RPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back