which 3d printer

From what I can tell, you are looking at an official Creality web sight.
Hmm, not the same website I got mine from. Creality3D® Printers : Online Store Discount Sale I had great customer service when I had questions concerning my product afterwards too, and it was shipped from California and arrived in a few days. $10 cheaper too lol

DiggsBarklightr,
It looks like yours is a better choice web sight and delivers from the US as well.
then of course there is this link:

Last edited:
19rxsx.jpg

Words of encouragement:
After proper assembly and adjustments, the ENDER 3 works really well right out of the box with no additions
or modifications.
Once you understand the mechanics and achieve that first decent print, you can download, create and produce
many of the useful after market tools and accessories that will help you maintain a good working environment for
you and your printer.
One thing that you may notice is some of the pictures of the printer is that the filament spool holder is mounted on the top rail.
I have found, since a majority of my prints are complete at no more then about half way up the "Z" axis +/-, I put my
spool holder just above half way up the "Z" rail on the left side (user preference).
Mainly so the filament has a more direct route in to the Extruder "E" axis stepper drive (not required, it just seemed
like a logical thing to do for me.) :)
Keep us posted and have fun creating.......

Last edited:
Once you understand the mechanics and achieve that first decent print, you can download, create and produce
many of the useful after market tools and accessories that will help you maintain a good working environment for
you and your printer.

What sort of tools/accessories for the printer do you recommend?

There are many aftermarket items on Thingiverse that many feel they need to add to there printer to make it work
better.
I have seen videos of others make many modifications to the printer itself which they feel help produce a better finished product.
There are spool holders of many kinds, some with bearings to decrease the drag of the spool on the holder itself.
Some add rail rods to decrease the tower vibration and stepper motor dampeners to decrease the sound.
Adding a pad under the printer helps decrease some of the sound vibration from the work surface.
I think it all depends on the individual user to decide what will work best for them.
I however have 4 virtually stock printers right out of the box (no changes to the printer mech. itself).
My print surface is a 1/8'' mirror and I have added better lighting for the work area.
There are also tool holders to help keep them well organized and readily available.
I am sure there are many other things that users have done to there printer which can also be found on Youtube as well.

Most of those mods listed on Thingiverse are purely consmetic and just look "cool" like the cable chains. Doesn't do much other than that. But the spool holder with the bearings I think is a great addition as I was having issues with the angle my filament was feeding into the extruder. I ended up upgrading my extruder to a metal one as my plastic one was wearing down each time the filament would advance. for $11-$14 it was a simple upgrade and I like the fact the extruder hole is beveled around the hole so no matter what angle your filament is entering there is less friction. I also like the ribbon cable clips to hold the cable in place. Mine was getting caught on the print bed as it moved forward but all I did was use a piece of duct tape to hold it in place. Here's a quick list of upgrades, most just are cosmetic.

Creality Ender-3 Display Ribbon Cable Clip by gn-jr

ENDER 3 FACTORY SCREWS display rear cover by MakeChetti

Ender 3 / CR-10 Extruder knob by Palodion

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3162464

Ender-3 Side Spool Mount and other Printers with 20/40mm by DrStreet

Creality (Ender 3) Filament holder 80mm spools by mjoaris

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2920060

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3419155

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2573459

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3611103

One thing I did for my Extruder on my CR-10S (since the spool holder is mounted on the controller box) is to
add a "small metal jacket" to the input hole where the filament goes in.
To keep the filament from wearing down the plastic entrance hole, I put a 1/8" rivet jacket (with the center rivet part removed)
in the hole. This gave the filament something to rub against during a print and not wear out the hole and easily replaced if needed.
I mostly use PLA which is fairly smooth, but friction will happen.

i think the third thingiverse link is wrong
It is just to show you that the extruder is working. Basically a bigger visual and can also be achieved by simply just taping a toothpick with a piece of tape on it (like a little flag lol). Ever since my extruder mishap I've been paranoid with it not advancing the filament so the toothpick idea works for me visually as I can sit on the couch and just glance over and see.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back