Interest Veracity Labs - THE V2 FX Build (DIY Kit)

Definitely considering reserving one of these for myself, I love my MoM kit! What’s the consensus on the accuracy of this V2 kit vs. the Solo’s Hold Limited Edition?
Not naming names, but I heard someone involved in that project wasn’t really happy with how the machining turned out.

Definitely considering reserving one of these for myself, I love my MoM kit! What’s the consensus on the accuracy of this V2 kit vs. the Solo’s Hold Limited Edition?
Not naming names, but I heard someone involved in that project wasn’t really happy with how the machining turned out.
I believe the SH one missed some of Scott’s original measurements on the machining process, so it needed modding to be more accurate. This one will definitely be the most accurate to date.

Anakin Starkiller and Halliwax collaborated to bring out an updated V2 (the DSV2), which I believe would be the only contender with the Veracity V2 for the top spot.

But at this point, with all the accuracy updates and knowledge of today, it really comes down to which makers you prefer and what interpretation of the hilt you believe it’s right. They’re all so close now.

Anakin Starkiller and Halliwax collaborated to bring out an updated V2 (the DSV2), which I believe would be the only contender with the Veracity V2 for the top spot.

But at this point, with all the accuracy updates and knowledge of today, it really comes down to which makers you prefer and what interpretation of the hilt you believe it’s right. They’re all so close now.
I'm sure they'll both be just as good as each other. When the accuracy of both of them is top notch, it may just come down to secondary factors that give the best version for you. For me this would be weight, as I like it heavy, but for someone else it could just come down to price or extra pieces.

Interested depending on price.

I went quickly through all the pages and price has yet to be determined?

Thanks
Sorry about that, I think I mentioned that the reservations went live but might not have included a link to the page.

https://7csabers.com/collections/empty-hilt-kits/products/veracity-labs-v2-empty-prop-kit

On that:
Some updates from our end regarding changes or delay:

All which I believe Lewis is planning to update through webmail

Delay; Crystal chamber components (compatible with this run, the MoM, and the starkiller Hero and new DSV2) that were manufactured in China are now in the process of being fixed by our UK machinist to meet the required specifications. (For some reason they didn’t drill and thread the end caps correctly for the M2 rods)

We’ve been assured this will be a reliable fix and we should see chambers (finally) ready soon.

Delay; All of our custom levers were delivered and unfortunately were all out of specification. Wannawanga and all of us involved are severely disappointed and confused that the factory failed on delivering the new design… so they’re being sent back and will be re-machined.
Hopefully more update on that later.

Progress:
The second round of prototype clampcard samples were finally received, treated by Slothfurnace and approved by all involved. So we’re happy and moving forward with the full order there.

Progress:
The prototype finally made its way to me and we’re working to notate and make all of the small changes necessary to realize our model properly. Small changes to the model that correlate with the machining and the appearance once processed.

Change:
We have opted to switch from 7075 to a 6 series aluminum alloy (not 6061)
This alloy is stronger than 6061 but suffers less from some of the pitting and corrosion sometimes seen in the 7075 and machines beautifully.
Part of this change is due to the quality of 7075 material as well as availability in the UK was becoming prohibitive for our machinist.

Sorry for the slow rollout in information, it has been a busy time at our work (for Adam and me.)
I had COVID which wasn’t easy and as I’m sure many more of us are experiencing again ; there have been worldwide delays due to all of this once more…. So from the bottom of my heart thank you all for your patience with us and support.

Regarding accuracy: I think you’ll find between the DaveP- DSV2- and this hero that it will be hard to say you went wrong either way.

Main interpretation seems to come down to variance the treatment of the clamp/grenade joint and the pommel details: outside of the construction methods and what you are wanting FROM your build.

Hopefully this or one of the other runs speaks to you! But I won’t really compare them here since that’s not appropriate for me to do, and I love those guys anyway.

I'm sure they'll both be just as good as each other. When the accuracy of both of them is top notch, it may just come down to secondary factors that give the best version for you. For me this would be weight, as I like it heavy, but for someone else it could just come down to price or extra pieces.

I agree, it comes down to individual preferences. It's amazing to see all the hilts that have been designed and updated, respect to all that put in all the work to make them.

In my case, I'll be getting both. I already have a MoM Hero, so the Veracity V2 is a no brainer for me. And I'll get the DSV2 because the Veracity crystal chamber is compatible (really nice feature), and it'll have an 7/8" emitter. So there will be a hilt for 1" and one for 7/8" blades, the best of both worlds.

I agree, it comes down to individual preferences. It's amazing to see all the hilts that have been designed and updated, respect to all that put in all the work to make them.

In my case, I'll be getting both. I already have a MoM Hero, so the Veracity V2 is a no brainer for me. And I'll get the DSV2 because the Veracity crystal chamber is compatible (really nice feature), and it'll have an 7/8" emitter. So there will be a hilt for 1" and one for 7/8" blades, the best of both worlds.
Both V2s, wow, this year is definitely the year of the V2! Yeah I have a MoM Gen 2 and Veracity V2 reserved for the end of this month. I would buy every version from every person If I could afford it; as I do to really appreciate everything everyone does. It's funny, looking years back and seeing what everyone used to think was accurate but so many discoveries have been made since then.

Hello there!

In light of the release of the DS2V2 from AS and Halliwax, I was wondering if there are any updates about the Veracity Labs V2. The last update we had was from January.

Hello there!

In light of the release of the DS2V2 from AS and Halliwax, I was wondering if there are any updates about the Veracity Labs V2. The last update we had was from January.

Thanks for checking in: I apologize it's been that long.

Personal update on my end:
Last week I finally managed to get my computer repaired. It has been dead and I've been largely too busy with my day-job, much less funds, to get it back into running condition... but YAY, it's working again (although I lost all of my programs in the file delete) X(
(at least I have the correct tools at my disposal again)

Anyway.

A few weeks ago we sent over a revised V2 machine packet for our machinist to review in order to produce a new prototype. We had enough feedback on the original prototype to elicit a second prototype for verification.

Some of our RPF family noticed these punchlist items and expressed concern. No worries, we were already making that list-

-thinks like chamfering practices during deburring,
-odd geometries specific to different components (IE, things that are *supposed* to be odd)
-and some assembly and fitment quirks.
-etc.

That prototype is (as I understand from (Lewis/7Chambers) Malaki Skywalker currently being worked on with the machinist.

Other components.
PCB design has been done- we are waiting on slothfurnace's needs for production.

Ours and Roy's new lever design was supposed to be long complete and stocked with Wannawanga but as seen with Dave's run and his store updates when they came in the machinist had delivered them, sight unseen, completely out of specification. The re-order was initiated and we're just waiting to hear back on that.

Clamps are basically ready.

Threaded boot studs and cone knobs are two items we're having outsourced, but we should be able to see how those are going soon. I believe we over ordered for extra to stock from the store for other builds.
- those, again... were modeled off of pieces specifically selected for their unique geometries/ likeness to Brandon's V2 components.

Trent is on deck to adjust stencils- I am getting him the first prototype this week.

I hope that's comprehensive and covers the current status.

It's been going slower than we like but it is going - we really thank you guys for hanging in there with us and being patient as we go through the rounds on all of these new parts.

The goal is to make this thing the best it can be the first time :)

*Behind the scenes of the V2 for those curious*
- Leia hilt making progress crawls in Adam's hands now that his time has been freeing up a bit more with his work,
- Lewis has been managing production / parts updates / remachining / packing and delivery on Hero Gen2s as well as assembling his other solo runs like the Aniflex
- I have been working to shore up and proof the assembly of the Static Luke Hero reveal components with some experienced board members here
- Machining load for the UK has been an interesting journey as our machinist loves the work, and is working to acquire more tooling to do more of the jobs that are required with our projects (like some of the chamber parts, cone knob, mystery chunk, etc). He's also an accredited business that has to go through a round of product certifications on the things he works on so that's added another time element. Not a big one but a pleasant surprise to see the kind of professional care being attributed towards our hobby from a vendor.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking in: I apologize it's been that long.

Personal update on my end:
Last week I finally managed to get my computer repaired. It has been dead and I've been largely too busy with my day-job, much less funds, to get it back into running condition... but YAY, it's working again (although I lost all of my programs in the file delete) X(
(at least I have the correct tools at my disposal again)

Anyway.

A few weeks ago we sent over a revised V2 machine packet for our machinist to review in order to produce a new prototype. We had enough feedback on the original prototype to elicit a second prototype for verification.

Some of our RPF family noticed these punchlist items and expressed concern. No worries, we were already making that list-

-thinks like chamfering practices during deburring,
-odd geometries specific to different components (IE, things that are *supposed* to be odd)
-and some assembly and fitment quirks.
-etc.

That prototype is (as I understand from (Lewis/7Chambers) Malaki Skywalker currently being worked on with the machinist.

Other components.
PCB design has been done- we are waiting on slothfurnace's needs for production.

Ours and Roy's new lever design was supposed to be long complete and stocked with Wannawanga but as seen with Dave's run and his store updates when they came in the machinist had delivered them, sight unseen, completely out of specification. The re-order was initiated and we're just waiting to hear back on that.

Clamps are basically ready.

Threaded boot studs and cone knobs are two items we're having outsourced, but we should be able to see how those are going soon. I believe we over ordered for extra to stock from the store for other builds.
- those, again... were modeled off of pieces specifically selected for their unique geometries/ likeness to Brandon's V2 components.

Trent is on deck to adjust stencils- I am getting him the first prototype this week.

I hope that's comprehensive and covers the current status.

It's been going slower than we like but it is going - we really thank you guys for hanging in there with us and being patient as we go through the rounds on all of these new parts.

The goal is to make this thing the best it can be the first time :)

*Behind the scenes of the V2 for those curious*
- Leia hilt making progress crawls in Adam's hands now that his time has been freeing up a bit more with his work,
- Lewis has been managing production / parts updates / remachining / packing and delivery on Hero Gen2s as well as assembling his other solo runs like the Aniflex
- I have been working to shore up and proof the assembly of the Static Luke Hero reveal components with some experienced board members here
- Machining load for the UK has been an interesting journey as our machinist loves the work, and is working to acquire more tooling to do more of the jobs that are required with our projects (like some of the chamber parts, cone knob, mystery chunk, etc). He's also an accredited business that has to go through a round of product certifications on the things he works on so that's added another time element. Not a big one but a pleasant surprise to see the kind of professional care being attributed towards our hobby from a vendor.

Thanks for the update!

I'm happy to hear that you guys have a machinist who seems to really like work on saber projects. I'd say he's taken his first steps into a larger world haha. It might be slow now, but I have a feeling it will pay off quite a lot in the future.

I have a few more questions:
- Will the KR Graflex clamps used for the V2 be the exact same one Khal sells at The Saber Armory? Or will it be an improved clamp?
- Am I correct to believe that there will be a PCB design for the switches below the clamp? How would the switch mechanism work (I'm trying to imagine how different it would be from regular wired switches in a 3D-printed switch holder)?
- Would that PCB-design be compatible with the AS DS2V2? I was one of the lucky ones to purchase AS' and Halliwax' newest V2 hilt. And since the MoM crystal chamber chassis will work for the Veracity V2 as well as the AS DS2V2 hilts, it'd be great if we could use the same switch system for both hilts.
- Besides the crystal chamber, there will also be a "base" chassis that will contain the battery and sound board. Would the same base chassis fit in both the Veracity V2 and the AS DS2V2? If the inner dimensions are the same, then I'd like to have "one chassis to rule them both", so to speak haha.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!

I'm happy to hear that you guys have a machinist who seems to really like work on saber projects. I'd say he's taken his first steps into a larger world haha. It might be slow now, but I have a feeling it will pay off quite a lot in the future.

I have a few more questions:
- Will the KR Graflex clamps used for the V2 be the exact same one Khal sells at The Saber Armory? Or will it be an improved clamp?

Not entirely sure but I think it's the same ones. We've discussed some modified ones with modified lips for the V2 because it appears to be a modified standard clamp but I'm not sure where this got.

- Am I correct to believe that there will be a PCB design for the switches below the clamp? How would the switch mechanism work (I'm trying to imagine how different it would be from regular wired switches in a 3D-printed switch holder)?

So for the base hilt it is just a wiring channel. I am working on a fully removable chassis core that will include a novel plunger system, but this is not complete yet.

- Would that PCB-design be compatible with the AS DS2V2? I was one of the lucky ones to purchase AS' and Halliwax' newest V2 hilt. And since the MoM crystal chamber chassis will work for the Veracity V2 as well as the AS DS2V2 hilts, it'd be great if we could use the same switch system for both hilts.

I have no idea but we are not targeting DS2 compatibility at this time.

- Besides the crystal chamber, there will also be a "base" chassis that will contain the battery and sound board. Would the same base chassis fit in both the Veracity V2 and the AS DS2V2? If the inner dimensions are the same, then I'd like to have "one chassis to rule them both", so to speak haha.

Having no knowledge of the DS2 I suspect not, however we are always open to collaboration like the coincidental compatibility with the chamber in our respective hero offerings.

Here’s what I can add.

-The clamps are Khals Gen2 new standard.

I had hoped we could adjust some things but I removed them from top of this thread after the tooling adjustment for executing sub nominal tolerances on a personalized clamp run seemed too minute from a tooling standpoint (often the most expensive aspect) to be worthwhile for something which (we’ll go into a bit later) people can modify if desired themselves.

-I don’t think we’ve discussed any PCB specifically other than the new Slothfurnace clamp card which is universally compatible for V2 builds.

-I’d say that our clamp activation solution that Adam has provided is a ‘machined in’ solution to work in tandem with a proprietary plunger… but could also work with the standard 3D printed Graflex clamp Tactile switch setup if desired.
>> the DSV2 does not have a machined in solution and more closely resembles the Starkiller V2 runs prior… so modification for switches will be required while the focus on their clamp section is housing a motor assembly for the spinning blade (per the original)

Suffice to say; It seems AnakinStarkiller was thinking forward about (and is welcome to) the crystal chamber option born out of our combined Rotj Hero work but we didn’t collaborate specifically on any other compatibility for these V2 runs.
So: with the DSV2 you’ll really need to look to the guidance of installers who become familiar with that offering :)

Thanks for the replies guys!

I guess I misunderstood when "PCB design" was mentioned. It was about the clamp card, and not a switch PCB. So that's my bad.

So the clamps will be Khal's general Gen 2 clamps? Alright, got it :)

It wasn't mentioned, but I did hear that the MoM crystal chamber chassis would be compatible with the DS2V2. But correct me if I'm wrong haha. I'm looking forward to using that crystal chamber chassis in any case.

My DS2V2 is in transit, so only the Veracity V2 and I'll have a nice V2 collection.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I guess I misunderstood when "PCB design" was mentioned. It was about the clamp card, and not a switch PCB. So that's my bad.

So the clamps will be Khal's general Gen 2 clamps? Alright, got it :)

It wasn't mentioned, but I did hear that the MoM crystal chamber chassis would be compatible with the DS2V2. But correct me if I'm wrong haha. I'm looking forward to using that crystal chamber chassis in any case.

My DS2V2 is in transit, so only the Veracity V2 and I'll have a nice V2 collection.
If Dan (AS) verified the internal cavity of the DSV2 to match his Hero AND our MoM beyond the crystal chamber then a chassis may work but *we* don’t have any idea if he accounted for all of that. You’ll really just have to ask him :p

No, DS2V2 cavity is the same diameter in the clamp/booster section as it is in the grenade ... down to somewhere between the clamp end and the cone knob then it gets wider.

No, DS2V2 cavity is the same diameter in the clamp/booster section as it is in the grenade ... down to somewhere between the clamp end and the cone knob then it gets wider.
Thanks!
So it sounds like beyond crystal chamber the DSV2 is not compatible with Chassis dimensions for this FXV2. Our cavity is designed for FX builds beyond motorization of rotating blades.

When I have a second I might add a note about that to the top; likewise it would (if y’all would kindly) help us out : that further questions generally related to the AnakinStarkiller / Halliwax/ DSV2 be directed to their general forum or project run threads instead of this one your inquiries will likely be better serviced.

I just don’t think Adam and I can make definitive answers to be helpful beyond what has been claimed regarding the chamber :). Heck I only assume it’s compatible because Dan said it is. We don’t know for sure since we haven’t really talked about it:lol:

2 questions.
1. Is Roy making the d-rings?
2. What type of steel are the d-rings going to made out of?

A bit of peculiar question but I’m just curious.

Thanks!
So it sounds like beyond crystal chamber the DSV2 is not compatible with Chassis dimensions for this FXV2. Our cavity is designed for FX builds beyond motorization of rotating blades.

When I have a second I might add a note about that to the top; likewise it would (if y’all would kindly) help us out : that further questions generally related to the AnakinStarkiller / Halliwax/ DSV2 be directed to their general forum or project run threads instead of this one your inquiries will likely be better serviced.

I just don’t think Adam and I can make definitive answers to be helpful beyond what has been claimed regarding the chamber :). Heck I only assume it’s compatible because Dan said it is. We don’t know for sure since we haven’t really talked about it:lol:

As long as that nice CNC-machined crystal chamber can fit in both the DS2V2 and Veracity V2, I'm more than happy. I'm already thinking of ways to display both hilts side by side :lol:

Anyway, I will stick to asking questions about the Veracity V2 in this thread. No problem :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back