This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.
Only Premium Members can start a new run.
I believe the SH one missed some of Scott’s original measurements on the machining process, so it needed modding to be more accurate. This one will definitely be the most accurate to date.Definitely considering reserving one of these for myself, I love my MoM kit! What’s the consensus on the accuracy of this V2 kit vs. the Solo’s Hold Limited Edition?
Not naming names, but I heard someone involved in that project wasn’t really happy with how the machining turned out.
I'm sure they'll both be just as good as each other. When the accuracy of both of them is top notch, it may just come down to secondary factors that give the best version for you. For me this would be weight, as I like it heavy, but for someone else it could just come down to price or extra pieces.Anakin Starkiller and Halliwax collaborated to bring out an updated V2 (the DSV2), which I believe would be the only contender with the Veracity V2 for the top spot.
But at this point, with all the accuracy updates and knowledge of today, it really comes down to which makers you prefer and what interpretation of the hilt you believe it’s right. They’re all so close now.
Sorry about that, I think I mentioned that the reservations went live but might not have included a link to the page.Interested depending on price.
I went quickly through all the pages and price has yet to be determined?
I'm sure they'll both be just as good as each other. When the accuracy of both of them is top notch, it may just come down to secondary factors that give the best version for you. For me this would be weight, as I like it heavy, but for someone else it could just come down to price or extra pieces.
Both V2s, wow, this year is definitely the year of the V2! Yeah I have a MoM Gen 2 and Veracity V2 reserved for the end of this month. I would buy every version from every person If I could afford it; as I do to really appreciate everything everyone does. It's funny, looking years back and seeing what everyone used to think was accurate but so many discoveries have been made since then.I agree, it comes down to individual preferences. It's amazing to see all the hilts that have been designed and updated, respect to all that put in all the work to make them.
In my case, I'll be getting both. I already have a MoM Hero, so the Veracity V2 is a no brainer for me. And I'll get the DSV2 because the Veracity crystal chamber is compatible (really nice feature), and it'll have an 7/8" emitter. So there will be a hilt for 1" and one for 7/8" blades, the best of both worlds.
In light of the release of the DS2V2 from AS and Halliwax, I was wondering if there are any updates about the Veracity Labs V2. The last update we had was from January.
Thanks for checking in: I apologize it's been that long.
Personal update on my end:
Last week I finally managed to get my computer repaired. It has been dead and I've been largely too busy with my day-job, much less funds, to get it back into running condition... but YAY, it's working again (although I lost all of my programs in the file delete) X(
(at least I have the correct tools at my disposal again)
A few weeks ago we sent over a revised V2 machine packet for our machinist to review in order to produce a new prototype. We had enough feedback on the original prototype to elicit a second prototype for verification.
Some of our RPF family noticed these punchlist items and expressed concern. No worries, we were already making that list-
-thinks like chamfering practices during deburring,
-odd geometries specific to different components (IE, things that are *supposed* to be odd)
-and some assembly and fitment quirks.
That prototype is (as I understand from (Lewis/7Chambers) Malaki Skywalker currently being worked on with the machinist.
PCB design has been done- we are waiting on slothfurnace's needs for production.
Ours and Roy's new lever design was supposed to be long complete and stocked with Wannawanga but as seen with Dave's run and his store updates when they came in the machinist had delivered them, sight unseen, completely out of specification. The re-order was initiated and we're just waiting to hear back on that.
Clamps are basically ready.
Threaded boot studs and cone knobs are two items we're having outsourced, but we should be able to see how those are going soon. I believe we over ordered for extra to stock from the store for other builds.
- those, again... were modeled off of pieces specifically selected for their unique geometries/ likeness to Brandon's V2 components.
Trent is on deck to adjust stencils- I am getting him the first prototype this week.
I hope that's comprehensive and covers the current status.
It's been going slower than we like but it is going - we really thank you guys for hanging in there with us and being patient as we go through the rounds on all of these new parts.
The goal is to make this thing the best it can be the first time
*Behind the scenes of the V2 for those curious*
- Leia hilt making progress crawls in Adam's hands now that his time has been freeing up a bit more with his work,
- Lewis has been managing production / parts updates / remachining / packing and delivery on Hero Gen2s as well as assembling his other solo runs like the Aniflex
- I have been working to shore up and proof the assembly of the Static Luke Hero reveal components with some experienced board members here
- Machining load for the UK has been an interesting journey as our machinist loves the work, and is working to acquire more tooling to do more of the jobs that are required with our projects (like some of the chamber parts, cone knob, mystery chunk, etc). He's also an accredited business that has to go through a round of product certifications on the things he works on so that's added another time element. Not a big one but a pleasant surprise to see the kind of professional care being attributed towards our hobby from a vendor.
Thanks for the update!
I'm happy to hear that you guys have a machinist who seems to really like work on saber projects. I'd say he's taken his first steps into a larger world haha. It might be slow now, but I have a feeling it will pay off quite a lot in the future.
I have a few more questions:
- Will the KR Graflex clamps used for the V2 be the exact same one Khal sells at The Saber Armory? Or will it be an improved clamp?
- Am I correct to believe that there will be a PCB design for the switches below the clamp? How would the switch mechanism work (I'm trying to imagine how different it would be from regular wired switches in a 3D-printed switch holder)?
- Would that PCB-design be compatible with the AS DS2V2? I was one of the lucky ones to purchase AS' and Halliwax' newest V2 hilt. And since the MoM crystal chamber chassis will work for the Veracity V2 as well as the AS DS2V2 hilts, it'd be great if we could use the same switch system for both hilts.
- Besides the crystal chamber, there will also be a "base" chassis that will contain the battery and sound board. Would the same base chassis fit in both the Veracity V2 and the AS DS2V2? If the inner dimensions are the same, then I'd like to have "one chassis to rule them both", so to speak haha.
If Dan (AS) verified the internal cavity of the DSV2 to match his Hero AND our MoM beyond the crystal chamber then a chassis may work but *we* don’t have any idea if he accounted for all of that. You’ll really just have to ask himThanks for the replies guys!
I guess I misunderstood when "PCB design" was mentioned. It was about the clamp card, and not a switch PCB. So that's my bad.
So the clamps will be Khal's general Gen 2 clamps? Alright, got it
It wasn't mentioned, but I did hear that the MoM crystal chamber chassis would be compatible with the DS2V2. But correct me if I'm wrong haha. I'm looking forward to using that crystal chamber chassis in any case.
My DS2V2 is in transit, so only the Veracity V2 and I'll have a nice V2 collection.
Thanks!No, DS2V2 cavity is the same diameter in the clamp/booster section as it is in the grenade ... down to somewhere between the clamp end and the cone knob then it gets wider.
So it sounds like beyond crystal chamber the DSV2 is not compatible with Chassis dimensions for this FXV2. Our cavity is designed for FX builds beyond motorization of rotating blades.
When I have a second I might add a note about that to the top; likewise it would (if y’all would kindly) help us out : that further questions generally related to the AnakinStarkiller / Halliwax/ DSV2 be directed to their general forum or project run threads instead of this one your inquiries will likely be better serviced.
I just don’t think Adam and I can make definitive answers to be helpful beyond what has been claimed regarding the chamber . Heck I only assume it’s compatible because Dan said it is. We don’t know for sure since we haven’t really talked about it