Interest Veracity Labs - THE V2 FX Build (DIY Kit)

Question BRRogers ... how does the grenade section attach to the main body ( under clamp ) section?
Triin we decided to thread it the the same way the MoM is. The original V2 has small natural undercut there (and some nasty occlusions on the aluminum casting).
We opted to model in a hint of that and make the connection there just at the step above the clamp.

My question may be a bit ahead of time, but I’m curious about if you guys have a removable battery setup in mind regarding chassis options for the V2? Unlike the MoM, this hilt will have clamp activation and no helper board of any kind. I wouldn’t be surprised if wired batteries are the only way to install this

And any news regarding the crystal chamber for the V2? I heard your V2 will have a different crystal chamber design than the one for the MoM.

My question may be a bit ahead of time, but I’m curious about if you guys have a removable battery setup in mind regarding chassis options for the V2? Unlike the MoM, this hilt will have clamp activation and no helper board of any kind. I wouldn’t be surprised if wired batteries are the only way to install this

And any news regarding the crystal chamber for the V2? I heard your V2 will have a different crystal chamber design than the one for the MoM.
It will accept the same forward chamber but the base assembly won’t need to thread in as the MoM’s does. (But can).
As such the entire V2 core (as being designed) *can* be fully removed as a unit, or could have a similar permanent fixed assembly like the MoM. Chassis elements are mostly Adam’s baby so he can correct me if I’ve misspoken ;)

It will accept the same forward chamber but the base assembly won’t need to thread in as the MoM’s does. (But can).
As such the entire V2 core (as being designed) *can* be fully removed as a unit, or could have a similar permanent fixed assembly like the MoM. Chassis elements are mostly Adam’s baby so he can correct me if I’ve misspoken ;)

I see. Nice to have those options. I’m really curious about the solution Adam would come with for the switches, since a removable chassis wouldn’t be an easy thing to have here.

I see. Nice to have those options. I’m really curious about the solution Adam would come with for the switches, since a removable chassis wouldn’t be an easy thing to have here.
"rocker switch actuator" on the clamp side is what I've surmised from his commentary and modeling so far. The "work in progress" is looking pretty cool but It's up to him to post previews when he's ready :)

*edit/addition* KR is making our clamps and sent some along for approval. I believe the sample is almost completely ready for visual confirmation (with Adam) so I think he was waiting to confirm final dimensions on the clamp and make dimension notes before workshopping the external switch setup

"rocker switch actuator" on the clamp side is what I've surmised from his commentary and modeling so far. The "work in progress" is looking pretty cool but It's up to him to post previews when he's ready :)

*edit/addition* KR is making our clamps and sent some along for approval. I believe the sample is almost completely ready for visual confirmation (with Adam) so I think he was waiting to confirm final dimensions on the clamp and make dimension notes before workshopping the external switch setup

Sounds promising! Thanks for the all the info. It should keep me satisfied for a bit longer haha.

Triin we decided to thread it the the same way the MoM is. The original V2 has small natural undercut there (and some nasty occlusions on the aluminum casting).
We opted to model in a hint of that and make the connection there just at the step above the clamp.
Ok awesome thanks for the reply!

It would be my preference to have a permanently fixed ( but of course removable if needing repairs ) the reason for this is stability within the hilt itself but that’s just my 2 cents :) not sure how Adam is designing but definitely can’t wait to see the what you all come up with!!

"rocker switch actuator" on the clamp side is what I've surmised from his commentary and modeling so far.”

Do you mean under the card activation switch? Or behind the lever?

Ok awesome thanks for the reply!

It would be my preference to have a permanently fixed ( but of course removable if needing repairs ) the reason for this is stability within the hilt itself but that’s just my 2 cents :) not sure how Adam is designing but definitely can’t wait to see the what you all come up with!!

"rocker switch actuator" on the clamp side is what I've surmised from his commentary and modeling so far.”

Do you mean under the card activation switch? Or behind the lever?
Under the card, similar to the majority of Graflex clamp based actuation

C1832EE3-587A-4BB2-AD33-F5B4856B3CC8.jpeg

Levers for the run are in production:
Thanks roygilsing @ wannawanga.com for working with us and providing this design!
Enjoy this render in the meantime. :love:

So these aren’t the same levers he usually sells but a variation offered specifically for this run? :oops:
Yep! Roy was kind to examine the reference with me and create a model with the tweaks we wanted to see… just some minor adjustments to his offering for this run.

No worries guys. As long as Malaki Skywalker makes sure to open up here first we should have plenty for this run. ;)
Also; Please consider this reminder that this is an FX capable version (light-up blade and soundboard etc) and a static assembly (as seen on screen faithful) will follow in the future! (Some have asked in PM) I do want to make sure the differences are clear. PM me if necessary

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back