Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Unfortunately, I will have to back out of this run. My serial number is 23 (rose gold). I’m in the pre-order for KR’s run. But I do appreciate you guys giving me the chance to get in. MTFBWY.

Khal did a livestream on FB and revealed that the real Leia saber prop was made of aluminum.
And, the "copper" parts were brush copper plated on top of aluminum.

So, machining parts completely out of copper may not be accurate, as we have previously thought.

Just to clear up ANY doubt: we now have confirmation from one of the TROS prop masters the prop itself was polished aluminum and polished copper.

(not that we didn't already clearly know that, but it has now been verified)
Khal did a livestream on FB and revealed that the real Leia saber prop was made of aluminum.
And, the "copper" parts were brush copper plated on top of aluminum.

So, machining parts completely out of copper may not be accurate, as we have previously thought.

Are these two descriptions consistent with one another?

(Note: That is a genuine question. I’m not meaning to sound disrespectful to anyone. I’m asking if there is maybe some way that either there was a misunderstanding or there is a way to reconcile both statements in a way that makes both correct.)

Last edited:
My thoughts are it is still better to have it machined with solid copper as opposed to plating, even if the original was plated. If we wanted a clone of the actual screen-used prop, that would mean no considerations for electronics installation, functional buttons etc. BRR and Veritiy's Leia saber is going to be wildly different from the actual filming prop in that regard. Solid copper and solid aluminum would be incredible IMO.

Are these two descriptions consistent with one another?

(Note: That is a genuine question. I’m not meaning to sound disrespectful to anyone. I’m asking if there is maybe some way that either there was a misunderstanding or there is a way to reconcile both statements in a way that makes both correct.)

Great point. I'm very curious about this too.
There seems to be inconsistent reports from inside sources.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the copper plated aluminum theory because it would've been a quicker and easier way to make the prop.

Great point. I'm very curious about this too.
There seems to be inconsistent reports from inside sources.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the copper plated aluminum theory because it would've been a quicker and easier way to make the prop.

I cannot speak to where Khal's Information came from (I am not saying he is wrong, mind you). We know that Khal did have some inside sources as well. Our source was one of the prop masters who made the observation on the leia when asked. However he is Spanish and some things could have been lost in translation as well. I don't think they are necessarily inconsistent as "polished aluminum and polished copper" does not confirm the state of the prop being solid or not. Simply the material on the surface. Plating or solid can both be polished.

ventuoguy is right though. This IS an FX saber prop we are doing. So it IS different and not a clone. The goal is to have unyielding accuracy and materials from an outside dimension perspective while still making for a quality and installable prop.

EDIT: I originally said Italian. I meant Spanish. (Castilian)

Last edited:
I cannot speak to where Khal's Information came from (I am not saying he is wrong, mind you). We know that Khal did have some inside sources as well. Our source was one of the prop masters who made the observation on the leia when asked. However he is Spanish and some things could have been lost in translation as well. I don't think they are necessarily inconsistent as "polished aluminum and polished copper" does not confirm the state of the prop being solid or not. Simply the material on the surface. Plating or solid can both be polished.

ventuoguy is right though. This IS an FX saber prop we are doing. So it IS different and not a clone. The goal is to have unyielding accuracy and materials from an outside dimension perspective while still making for a quality and installable prop.

EDIT: I originally said Italian. I meant Spanish. (Castilian)

If anyone is curious about lost in translation, again I believe in complete transparency. Here is the literal English translation of his direct words: "Leia's was all copper and aluminum, wax paint."

I still am not sure what he meant about the wax paint bit. That is another mystery I have been looking at.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back