Veepy - Monsters Inc. Scream Canister printable kit project.

This is really good Input! I will make some changes and make screenshots to see if this works better.

Incidentally, shouldn’t the slicer be smart enough to add supports mimicking those 45 degree angles? Just wondering !

OK I only found one region where this can be optimized on this mode based on your feedback. Does this look correct?

NORMAL:

normal.JPG

OPTIMIZED

optimized.JPG

Yes that is exactly correct.

You can I theory make your own 45 degree angle supports but it involves turning the object in the slicer to do it and then turning it back.

Essentially a slicer will only build supports straight up either from the bed or in objects as well.

There are tree supports too but those are good for smaller pieces. Not an internal flat ring. More like supporting fingertips or other small features.

Most printers depending on their cooling fan can support angles anywhere from 45 - 60 or 65 degrees, mine start to fail at around 70

I am covered for the resin prints.

Now I need someone to step up and help me test FDM printing of the main body parts. I can’t release these files until tested, so help me out people...

Anyone?

I should have the first 3D test printouts soon, and will post pictures. After I analyze the printouts I shall make any needed changes to the files, and release them for your own projects.

There will be a brief assembly manual included just for completeness - although the model is quite simple. The main benefit will be the inclusion of circuit wiring for sound activation when the cap is “opened”. This will all be detailed for easy reapplication.

Just discovering this build thread. Great work!

Here are some pictures of Scream Canisters I've built in the past where I also strove for screen accuracy. They are roughly 1/3rd scale versions that were 3D modeled, then 3D printed a master, and then molded and roto-cast the final canister. All of the gauges are clear resin with an insert to show a different "fill" level. They were a lot of fun to make.

IMG_7037.JPG

I can attest to the wonderful work FXengineer (Stefan) did on the Scream Canisters for the cruise ships. He did a great job matching the ones from the movie.

Glad to see another great project from you as well gnolivos .

I tried to extract your files, but I just can't get them. They download fine, but I cannot extract them. What's the deal with the ".zo1" file extension?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back