Interest 'The Fifth Element' ZORG Industries ZF1 - Kit interest (Metal frame, metal & printed components, electronic movements and lighting effects)

IMG_2467.JPEG
IMG_2460.JPEG
IMG_2465.JPEG
IMG_2466.JPEG

This has to be the best ZF-1 I have ever seen! Great job on painting the flame thrower part with that dirty orange look, I hope you'll share how you did it :)

Same yellow ink as you use for the rocket rings, piston barrels and aluminium arm pegs! It was so amazingly simple :lol:
Oh ok! I have tried that actually but didn't manage to get such contrast myself. I posted it in my WIP thread at the time. Since then, I have bought orange ink, but haven't had the time to test.
Great job, seriously, this looks so close to the real deal.

Hi, if I were to choose the 50/50 payment option do you have an idea when the 2nd payment would be due?

I have responded to your DM.

Latest batch of ZF-1 kits and assembled replicas have been or are being sent today or tomorrow!

0A2A5F0B-A336-41D6-8142-A95DCCD62198.jpeg

563A90E8-70DA-413B-A7D7-8139204F8C69.jpeg

2630BC54-8485-4AB5-BEF5-DFE46C78DE36.jpeg

I will be accruing names for the next batch so please get in touch!

Kindest regards,

Jake

My deluxe kit came in today, and it it absolutely incredible. The planning and thought that went into this prop is beyond staggering. The craftsmanship of everything is top-notch, and the 3d printed parts are some of the cleanest I have ever seen. The packaging was amazing, and the kit made it to the USA with zero damage. I am extremely glad that I jumped on the chance to get one. I am also glad that I got one of Eethan's metal upgrade kits, as this thing is just truly going to be over-the-top when I have time and space to get working on it.

If anyone is on the fence about getting a kit (or a complete assembled prop) for one of Jake's ZF1s, here, let me give you a gentle double-footed-missile-kick off that fence. I have some amazing props in my collection, and I have never seen anything on this level. What you're getting for the money is beyond a bargain, it's a steal. This is seriously high-level nerd engineering at it's finest.

Jake, I want one of those remote kits. Please stick me on the list if you're making one.

The next video in the ‘Step-by-step’ series is uploaded!

This walks through the fine tuning stages of the lift, scope, left and right servos and their respective hatches. Important if you want to get the ZF1 looking as good as it can!

Took a while editing this so apologies to those who have been waiting so patiently.

I’d still like to do a shell painting demonstration video, and I’ll be going back through the assembly guides videos and trying to update them with the new build methodologies we have developed whilst building these props (not massive changes however, so the original guides are still very valuable, just think of it as housekeeping!)

Thanks again everyone,

Jake

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update for any kit builders, I have quickly designed some 'gluing clips' that hold the rear horizontal frame in place while you glue the rear horizontal frame bracket.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 212809.png

These are the clips, I have included a small recess so you can roughly line them up to the main vertical frames..
ADD7ABAE-3D70-408D-B71D-C125F3974308.jpeg

Here they are in place. The 'V' side of the clip sits at the bottom, on the bend of the metal. It holds the horizontal frame 'up' and flush while you glue the bracket in place (excuse the missing servo in this pic! It's just to demonstrate the clip!)

46EC095F-51EF-4DCF-AC6D-BAFFF52053BB.jpeg

The picture below shows the rear horizontal bracket glued in position. Always key the surface of the metal and preferably use a 2-part epoxy or lots of superglue on this bracket as it does have a small amount of tension to deal with from the curved aluminium horizontal frame.

0DEFE572-6123-4F54-8B1F-D7BED80DA2AA.jpeg

These small clips will be included in future kits. For any current owners of kits, please check out my Thingiverse page to download them there.

JakeCanMake Thingiverse page

Please be aware these are by no means essential! You can clamp the components, use tape to hold the frames together, there are multiple ways but it's another aspect of the build that was mildly irritating for me to do and this solves that irritation!

Thanks everyone!

Jake

Just received my kit! Thx! The attention to detail is impressive which speaks to how impressive the model itself is - hard to describe without seeing it! Can’t wait to get started but I first have to finish my screen accurate Jane Cobb Full Bore Autolock that I’m building - 3D modeling is 98% complete …

This video shows off the new sound effects I have added to assembled models. I may turn this into a kit for future buyers. Unfortunately due needing to update the code on the main control board, these will not be backwards compatible unless you purchase a new control board with the SFX kit. Soldering is also necessary.

Thanks!

Jake, I commend you, not only regarding your attention to detail on this outstanding replica (are you SURE it’s a replica???), but also on the outstanding packing job!!! My apologies for the delay in posting my praises, but I was overtaken by events and am finally catching up to my obligations! Eleven out of ten stars!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back