Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

So the only thing holding the shroud in place is the thumb screw?
Yes, I have it seated in the divot. Exact same as my two vintage one step shrouds.

Actually, one of them has a step the opposite way. Thicker where the tube is and thinner on the open end.

9A00E924-9DAD-4048-ABAF-A068E75849B0.jpegA744DF11-75AB-4228-B903-CE602599ABB6.jpegE03D6BE1-B03D-4119-B07E-090C3C13D308.jpeg23B70F11-B569-423A-A812-4D08E9D5C776.jpeg

It's just the thumbscrew holding it from falling out from the tube in the other direction so that should be fine

Mine arrived today and tinkered with it, too. If you've got those larger, snap-on diamond cutting wheels, they're the same diameter as the insides of the shroud. It's made very short work of moving the step 1mm higher.

Yep, Dremel EZ Lock 1-1/2" diamond cutting wheel. I had a worn one and used that first to do some cutting first and once I had the new step ground out, I put on a full cutting wheel and sharpened it up.

Couldn't have put in more than 30 min worth of work like Teecooz.

Nice. I will give that a try.

Hey guys,
It's great to see that you are taking control yourselves and modifying these BMF'S without making my feel really bad or giving me a hard time. I love this community!
It's also good to see that it's a relatively easy mod. I have send a shroud to my brother who works in a stainless steel production company and will look with me for a quick fix for the remaining stock and those who want me to fix theirs.
But it won't be as quick as doing it yourselves. NL went in lockdown again since yesterday, because the second wave of COVID-19 was turning into a third one.
Happy Christmas!

roygilsing Send me a kilo of Leerdammer and we’ll call it square. Lol.
No, but seriously, I’m looking forward to receiving my shroud in the mail. My only problem is that I’ve long since sold my MPP, and have yet to replace it with a replica. I hope Romans Empire will have some in stock soon.

Hi guys,

I announced this on Facebook already yesterday (WannaWanga page), but I'll post it here as well.

I have another shroud announcement! This time I'm talking ANH DV saber: the one-step aluminium version. Some of you might know I did a run of wrinkle painted alu shrouds back in 2015 when I just opened the WannaWanga shop. The shrouds were CNC machined and the wrinkle finish was done by yours truly. That was a dirty job!
So now, 5 years later, by popular demand, I'm finally doing another run!
In my earlier version, the dimensions were based on a real one-step shroud. But this time I'm going even further and I have refined the model even further based on the famous Chronicles images. You can see some WIP images of the 3D perspective matched overlays. I also got help from IronDestinyProps who has a sharp eye for details. Thanks Nate!
This time, the parts will not be painted, but will be sold as bare, machined parts. So it's a DIY upgrade part.
Because I did the perspective matching in 3D, I decided I might as well make an accurate new blueprint of this saber! Complete with grip length and location, for all you accuracy freaks! In the coming days I will finish this drawing and publish it when it's ready.
The price of the shroud is unknown still.
It will be available (probably) in the 3rd week of January.
Oh yeah: I will hopefully also have a new, nicely plated thumb screw (with straight serrations) to go with it.

Cheers,
Roy

DV-ANH-ALL.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

2020-12-15 14.44.23.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Correct. It's a common approach for flashes.MPP, Heiland ( for both their long and "stubby" versions), Busch, and Minicam use some variation of that method.
That's how it is on my original MPP shroud

Interesting. I've always thought there was an inner step that sat on the edge of the flash handle like my Roman's. On the Roman's, the inner step and the screw keeps the shroud level and secure.

Ah. I was asking that question specifically for teecrooz 's shroud. he'd mentioned he sanded the entire step away.
Ah! That’s me!

I removed the entire step. The side screws as well as the thumb screw keep it level and secure just fine. It still has the same ID so it sits pretty snug against the tube as before. Same as my two vintage single steps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back