Yeah right, that New Upcoming Skywalker Saga set would be very easy to make on your own. Just take a box with star wars on front and put the first six Skywalker Movies in there then take 3 Giant craps and put them in the box as well and there you have it....The Disney Skywalker Saga.
Spend the $250 on something worth while.

I still watch the GOUT when I want to watch the "as close to original" versions as possible, as I am not tech savvy enough to work with the different 4K versions and get them out on Bluray with Danish subtitles.

Can anyone help me out on getting 4k77 and 4k83 downloads? I’ve been trying to find them lately and am getting a lot of “dude, just google it” types of answers, but nothing that is actually helpful. I can’t find 4k83 ANYWHERE, and am unsure if the version of 4k77 I’ve found is the “best”.

I’m not savvy at all with usenet or torrent sites.

Can anyone help me out on getting 4k77 and 4k83 downloads? I’ve been trying to find them lately and am getting a lot of “dude, just google it” types of answers, but nothing that is actually helpful. I can’t find 4k83 ANYWHERE, and am unsure if the version of 4k77 I’ve found is the “best”.

I’m not savvy at all with usenet or torrent sites.
They're both on archive.org.

They're both on archive.org.
The only result I can find on archive.org for 4k83 doesn’t seem to have the actual video file to download - 4k77 had a large 38gb video that seemed to be what I was looking for, but I don’t see anything like that for the other.

If anyone is so inclined, nice to make a donation to TN1 for putting in the time and money to give us these incredible restorations.

It's nice to know that the fans actually care about film history.
I get that Lucas made the alterations because he wasn't pleased with the end result, but even a director would know that the reason why there are fans is because they fell in love with the original version of the films. If anything, he should have at least included the unaltered versions in addition to the versions he's made changes to, instead of coming up with a lame BS story like "Oh the original versions were not upheld correctly and were destroyed in the process of making the Special Editions." (which is clearly BS, because we know even he has a copy of the Holiday Special in storage thanks to Carrie Fisher. There's no way in hell he doesn't have at least three copies of the OT unaltered in storage). It's really odd that the man who made the multiple alterations to the OT was the same man who said this: "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society." Yet, it's the fans who are having to reverse the very thing he claimed he was worried about years ago.

I can completely understand where George is coming from; from a certain point of view…

…the point of view being watching a Ronto butt moving across the screen from right to left, covering the frame as Luke’s landspeeder approaches the Stormtroopers in Mos Eisley.

I never feel “whole” when I watch the original version of Star Wars as the lack of Ronto butt leaves me feeling unfulfilled.

5DA113A4-32AB-4296-A350-080D587D6990.png

Inspired by George, I have undergone a personal passion project of gluing Ronto butts over the photos in our family photo album. I find the original images captured to be wholly lacking in vision; a vision that can only fulfilled by covering the images with Ronto butts.

CA217961-68C2-4041-BF5F-0E048BE6B8BA.jpeg

Last edited:
To be fair, considering how wishy-washy he's been with the series over the years, his attachment to it--I think--has always been tenuous or reluctant, at best. He made a set of films, they were bigger than anything anyone could ever imagine and built his company and gave him power to influence how film and its tools interact with society today (he was an early investor of the digital camera; the same ones used to shoot movies today to the ones in our phones). He owed it to the films that made him more than the other way around, as the films that made him what he is now were made by crews he hired and delegated to actually make them---often straining relationships that would impact his later choices.

I think he only made these revisions, and then excused them, because he had to keep them interesting for himself moreso than the fan community that cherished the originals, warts and all. In short, he got bored of his own films that he's known for. The adverse reaction to the changes only made him double down on these choices because he had 40+ years of people calling him a genius. Who's gonna call him out that he'll take seriously? Certainly not the people he told to add these changes. It's only in recent years in his dotage where he eased his control over his properties (for better and worse) and that's only because he just got old and doesn't have the energy to do it anymore.

How many times have we heard that the OT was as he intended Star Wars to be? Then it was the definitive six films? Then it became nine films because of outside forces now told him there had to be. I don't have these fan restorations in my collection, not yet anyway, and I admire the effort put into making these a reality. It's so hard now to remember that these films are considered art when almost everything after the OT has been a non-stop commercial push just to keep the name alive. At least with these efforts, some vestiges of that connective sinew still connects from then to now, when so much has been done and buried it.

Last edited:
I get that Lucas made the alterations because he wasn't pleased with the end result, but even a director would know that the reason why there are fans is because they fell in love with the original version of the films. If anything, he should have at least included the unaltered versions in addition to the versions he's made changes to, instead of coming up with a lame BS story like "Oh the original versions were not upheld correctly and were destroyed in the process of making the Special Editions." (which is clearly BS, because we know even he has a copy of the Holiday Special in storage thanks to Carrie Fisher. There's no way in hell he doesn't have at least three copies of the OT unaltered in storage). It's really odd that the man who made the multiple alterations to the OT was the same man who said this: "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society." Yet, it's the fans who are having to reverse the very thing he claimed he was worried about years ago.
He even modified the color of the sky at the beginning of the new version of "American Graffiti" :rolleyes:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back