Ok, not so smart on my part. I got the 4K DVD but I don’t have a 4K DVD player.... I have a pretty old first gen Blue Ray but it won’t play it. Uhhhh....

Anyone recommend a good but not overly expensive player?

Um, there is no such thing as a 4K DVD. :cautious:
Much less a player for it.

Not quite on topic of it being unaltered, but I read that Disney has released 4K versions of the films on Disney+ now that it's launched.

I wonder if they made any further changes or corrected anything with this release?

Last edited:
Not quite on topic of it being unaltered, but I read that Disney is releasing 4K versions of the films on Disney+.

I wonder if they made any further changes or corrected anything with this release?
I've also heard this since Disney bought Lucasfilm. Don't hold your breath...

The OT is on Disney+ in 4k but it's still the blu-ray version. But lots of new details are already being discovered in some of the props. :)

I've never seen the blurays either. After I bought the 2006 editions with the laser disc scans I refused to buy them again until I get the original cuts in a properly restored format. For now I'm happy enough with them but it would be nice to have an officially released version that was correctly restored some day.

I can always dream. : )

I've never seen the blurays either. After I bought the 2006 editions with the laser disc scans I refused to buy them again until I get the original cuts in a properly restored format. For now I'm happy enough with them but it would be nice to have an officially released version that was correctly restored some day.

I can always dream. : )
I'll just pop in and say that until that day, my Harmy Despecialized versions are doing the job rather well.

Good on them for sure. Though it's a shame that it's up to the fans to have to properly preserve film history.

Just from a film historical perspective they really should be preserved the way they were originally presented.

Oh well..... at least the fans are doing it, and a fantastic job of it from everything I've heard!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back