Tron Legacy Costume

So does anyone have an image or screencap of the guy in the end of the line club with the eye scar?(not the guy on the recognizer earlier) I gotta figure out the makeup for something similar my costume is gonna have :D

I am using approx. 57 white LEDs.
The Sam disc has a blue outer ring and light blue center "C" making it appear blue'ish.

I will also be adding a 9v input power jack so that it can be powered all the time on display, when I am not using it. :)

propmaster2000
Thanks for the clarification! I'll be using the translucent white retrofit rings from Soulinertia but sticking to blue LEDs. I think they'll work out looking about similar in color to your setup.

Try here: Amazon.com: Tron Rinzler's Deluxe Identity Disc: Toys & Games for Rinzler's Disc by Target via Amazon at $13.99- 9 left- or direct from Targetonline: Tron Legacy Deluxe Identity Disc-Rinzler : Target My Target finally got in new stock and I think the only reason the discs weren't completely gone is because the entire store has been moved around preparing for the new produce section and no one can find the TRON toys. I managed to get the last K. Flynn disc and a Rinzler. There were actually more Rinzler than Sam this time.

Wow, THANK YOU. When I loaded the page it said 3 left in stock on the Target page. I ordered two, and by the time I finished ordering it was OUT OF STOCK. These discs are hot cakes. HOT CAKES.

I was just on the Target site earlier today, too. They must have just listed them when you posted that. I know alot of you guys have found these discs easily, but here in a city with literally 10 million people and only 4 or 5 Target stores spread out over a large area, we have our work cut out for us with finding them on a shelf.

Again, thank you. Now I can start preparing for led and translucent ring upgrades :)

EDIT: Something went wrong on Target's end, I now have a delayed order and this is the new shipping dates they gave me in an email from them:

Shipping Status: Shipping Soon
Delivery Estimate: Jan 25, 2011 - Feb 1, 2011

Ouch. I guess they are selling things that aren't in stock? Who knows. The hunt continues.

Last edited:
and here I thought Olivia was a total white girl and my skin tone doesn't really match for Quorra's skin tone in my costume. She isn't as white as I thought. It was just all that makeup. I knew they used it on her face but didn't know it was even on her shoulder. Check out her arm and shoulder. Very cool makeup effects. It was all MAC makeup they used on both her and the Sirens I believe.

It is also nice to see how the arm armor was mounted on her. I sewed my glove part to the upper shoulder HEX material part. Looks like her gloves were a seperate piece and velcroed to the HEX material. I think I am now going to be redoing my arm armor like this. Will be much easier dealing with getting the rest of my costume on.

Courtesy of the following link:
A MORE BEAUTIFUL MAKEUP: More Tron Legacy-Behind the scenes pictures

mUP+X+%25284%2529.jpg

Those make-up shots are amazing! The picture of Quorra above is worth the whole album!

I haven't yet braved the suit sorry... but the weather is cooling so I can test it tomorrow hopefully :)

You may have seen me at AuckGeddon '08 :) Don't know if you caught the Cosplay Contest but I was there (judging then announcing) and other times I was wearing this:
mdb- costumes
For the Contest my co-organiser of the cosplay contest and I were in Gentle Giant versions of Leia:
mdb- costumes
Salut! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Were you in costume at all? If you do come back and it happens to be Geddon time it is so much more embraced now :) Even the media is better at reporting on it ;)

No worries at all. :) I was just able to get outside to hoop for a half-n-hour yesterday due to the freezing temperatures and snow we've had here. I've heard the heat's been killer over there. So no rush on that!

Oh no, I wasn't in costume. I wish I could've been, but I didn't have any costumes that I brought over with me or any costuming contacts in NZ at the time. But next time, I shall be!

I ran across an interesting looking Seven of Nine suit on ebay that I thought had a great look for a Siren. (sadly it's too expensive for me to buy then modify) ---> New seven of nine star trek cosplay costume - eBay (item 290446305842 end time Feb-12-11 20:12:41 PST)

Thanks Katiedid517 and Annisse! ^_^

I found these during my search: Fitzwell Rylee 2 Black Calf - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
I think there are pretty close, right?

Also while looking for Siren shoes, I came across these: Ladies White Ruche Geometric Cutout Wedge Shoes AU Sz 8 - eBay (item 190490296458 end time Feb-12-11 04:27:19 PST)

Its too bad, they don't come in other sizes. All I could find were size 8 and 8.5. :/

Oof, I'm afraid those black wedges would be way out of my range, that's for sure! But those siren shoes are mighty tempting...if only shipping to the US wasn't a bear! I'm going to keep hunting on ebay and see what wedges come up...Too bad these didn't come in white! GUESS Sharika (Black Patent) - Wedges Dress Shoes review at Kaboodle

Wow, THANK YOU. When I loaded the page it said 3 left in stock on the Target page. I ordered two, and by the time I finished ordering it was OUT OF STOCK. These discs are hot cakes. HOT CAKES.

I was just on the Target site earlier today, too. They must have just listed them when you posted that. I know alot of you guys have found these discs easily, but here in a city with literally 10 million people and only 4 or 5 Target stores spread out over a large area, we have our work cut out for us with finding them on a shelf.

Again, thank you. Now I can start preparing for led and translucent ring upgrades :)

You are very welcome. I'm so glad you were able to get what you needed before they were gone. :D That was the first time I'd seen the discs available on the site, too. It's funny how popular and hard to find Rinzlers and K. Flynns' discs are- this was the first time I'd seen a Flynn since they first came out and the first time I'd seen Rinzler at all in stores. Glad you didn't have to pay ebay's outrageous prices.

Those make-up shots are amazing! The picture of Quorra above is worth the whole album!

Oof, I'm afraid those black wedges would be way out of my range, that's for sure! But those siren shoes are mighty tempting...if only shipping to the US wasn't a bear! I'm going to keep hunting on ebay and see what wedges come up...Too bad these didn't come in white! GUESS Sharika (Black Patent) - Wedges Dress Shoes review at Kaboodle

Tell me about it! That picture of Olivia in her Quorra costume just made my day! :D love seeing behind the scenes pics.

Oh man, I have looked up in every which way, every shoe or boot wedge or cut out wedge term I can think of for the SIREN shoes. I can't find jack squat! So frustrating. Must have looked at over 500 freaking shoes!

But I agree with mdb, we should find shoes with a cut out wedge already. If you try cutting a hole into a full wedge shoe, it won't have the support to hold your weight and I can see a diaster happening as you are walking around.

Now, the task is to find the perfect cut out wedge shoe to work with. The hunt is ON!

Thanks Katiedid517 and Annisse! ^_^

I found these during my search: Fitzwell Rylee 2 Black Calf - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
I think there are pretty close, right?

Also while looking for Siren shoes, I came across these: Ladies White Ruche Geometric Cutout Wedge Shoes AU Sz 8 - eBay (item 190490296458 end time Feb-12-11 04:27:19 PST)

Its too bad, they don't come in other sizes. All I could find were size 8 and 8.5. :/

Those black wedges you found are great! I think I had seen those too, but they are so expensive, and they look like they may not be comfortable to be walking around all day. Here's some other ones that I thought were cool, except they're not leather: Fitzwell Lyra Low Wedge Black Stretch - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
Actually, I think I might return the ones I got because they were horribly uncomfortable, and get these!

What has been determined from everyone's costume building too be the best site to order EL wire from? as in cost/foot as well as the brightness and durability of the wire and generator.

thank you! :)

JUST A REMINDER TO ANYONE TRYING TO USE GLOW PAINT: DO NOT ATTEMPT!!!!!
There are better ways to make the costume and glow paint is not durable, plus it is super messy.

Wow, that is a great blog! Thanks for posting the link.
With that hosting the first picture of "real world" Quorra, I couldn't help but bust out the photoshop and make this:

SamQ.jpg

Wow, that is a great blog! Thanks for posting the link.
With that hosting the first picture of "real world" Quorra, I couldn't help but bust out the photoshop and make this:

SamQ.jpg

You know... This would be a great picture to use as a prop in the next film. :D

Hey everyone! I'm sure this has been gone over like a million times, but I wondered if anyone has had experience with local screen printers in making that replica hexagon fabric. I'm working right now on a different costume, but I just plan on getting spandex screen printed with a repeating design fairly similar to these Tron costumes.

Did they use a thicker spandex?

Any thoughts? Experiences? (that picture above here is so adorable, lol)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back