Tried searching… anyone have "Murder She Wrote" paper props?

Odin82

Sr Member
Took a search on the site and didn't get any results. Just thought I'd ask if anyone had some interesting Murder She Wrote paper props? Have a friend that enjoys them, and thought it would make a fun Christmas gift, so if anyone has some, or even just wants to show off anything they have to give me ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you.

I watched the show avidly when it aired originally. I loved the stand-alone movie where she goes to Ireland for the reading of a will, and gets involved in searching for a treasure. Since I'm a huge Goonies / Indy fan, having Jessica solve riddles, and search for treasure was pretty cool.

I don't have any props, though, sorry.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Being Irish, I enjoy the episodes set in Ireland.

There's a member on here that worked on the Production of the show. Would be interesting to know if he ever acquired any props, or if he knew where they ended up.

Just spotted this sign. Could be printed as an aluminium sign.

Murder-She-Wrote-Restaurant-Sign-1.jpg

Being Irish, I enjoy the episodes set in Ireland.

There's a member on here that worked on the Production of the show. Would be interesting to know if he ever acquired any props, or if he knew where they ended up.

Just spotted this sign. Could be printed as an aluminium sign.

View attachment 1375064

I did the Ancenstry.com DNA test a couple years ago. And they said I had 6-ish percent Irish. But they keep revising the results as new data comes in, and most recently, they said it was 6-ish percent Scottish. Apparently, there is a huge cross-over between the two over time, and I may never really know for sure which it is. DNA tests rely on determining where your Ancestor lived. But if a person 200 years ago, was your ancestor and was born in Scotland, but lived in Ireland, is where they were born relevant, or where they lived? Many of my ancestors were born in England, but lived in the United States. Does that make me actually British ? I was born in United States. I live in the United States. I am an American. But almost half of my DNA is British.

As regards the Irish Scottish thing, the Irish invaded Scotland, wiping out the Pict culture, and those that survived, fled to the hills, which was how the Highlanders came to existence.

Sure, we're all just Celtic Vikings / Norse Gaels at this stage.

I worked on two episodes of that show sorry I didn't nick anything!
Signed scripts appear every now and then for good value. Some for sale right now on Ebay I think. I must rewatch "Incident on Lot 7" where the Bates house on the backlot appears in the show. Much like the Columbo episode where the same place is used and the Jaws shark.

Lansbury is a fine age, 95.

[I removed this link]

I just came up with this, found a journal cover on Amazon, and you would have to dye the cover darker, and add gold stamping, but you could make a journal like the one in the opening scene of the TV series.

The second file is the right FONT.

Attachments

• 1395591810-0.jpg
    1395591810-0.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
  • lansbury-fg.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
It was super. You would never know, being on the set, that Angela Lansbury was the boss. Absolutely none of the yelling and egos that sadly are part of much Hollywood stuff. The atmosphere on the set was incredibly low-key. She was charming and gracious to everyone. She opened the door for me! (My hands were full.)

They had a shop on the lot which had a Murder She Wrote Cast and Crew jacket I should have bought.

One of the coolest things was that they were shooting Matlock at the next soundstage and during the frequent downtimes Andy Griffith would amble over and we would all chat.

(Just checked, I did one episode in Season 8, I know her son Anthony Shaw was the director, not sure which of his episodes. Then I did one episode in Season 10, I don't remember the director. I've just now ordered a Season 8 DVD so I can try to find which episode.)

Last edited:
<CLICK LINK> YouTube Murder SW -- INTRO

Ah, She just uses a leather folder. There's no RINGS, pockets, and internal attachments in this object. She just lays the printed version of her book "Murder She Wrote" into the folder and closes it. It also has little brass corner protectors on the right side of the folder. Top and Bottom.

I've ordered a leather portfolio, and will cut it down to make a simple folder. And I've ordered the SCRIPT of the Murder She Wrote - Pilot Episode as a PDF form and will Print it and put it in the folder. As shown.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back