Toys Of Our Youth

So many memories looking through this thread, especially the Micronauts stuff like the Hornet Copter!

There is one thing I have been searching for but can never seem to find. Back in the 70's and 80's there was an Ice Cream Cone package where the foam insert looked like it could be a starship.

I remember making several starships and coloring the packing

It had a perfect place for a cockpit with two big engines on either side where the cones would be packed. For the life of me I search, but never find pics of one. IIRC at one point, the company realized the similarity and actually started including sticker or something so you could play with the package after eating the cones

="sears1983candc.jpg"]1056454[/ATTACH]

Hilarious - I saw your drawing before I read your post and thought that looks like those old ice cream cone containers.

I did the same thing and tried to use the container to emulate from the Making of Empire when the snow speeder flys on a string and blows up.

this thread is is defenitly a blast from the past. I was born in 68 and seeing some these brings back long play hours at home. the atari computer system I got when I was 8th grade? the evil kenevil I destroyed out in the back yard and driveway, the star bird avenger spaceship I remeber haveing but not playing with too much. I miss the Merlin the most! and the one million year BC playset I even used a tatooine for my stars wars figs as you can see there is a little cubby hole where R2 would fit perfectly. many hours of enjoyment! but as we all know star wars was the game changer! I saw it when I was 9 and about 30 times at the theater. I kept some of my old toys but star wars was all I pretty much owned after its release. thanks for the memories.

download.jpg
images.jpg
merlin-parker-brothers-1978-D_NQ_NP_765553-MLM26976475016_032018-F.jpg
one_million_bc_play_set_1970s.jpg
81b69Drd97L._AC_.jpg

Mobile Action Command!
d89c80fb694da7ed3e91ef36eb970fc1.jpg

Seems like they came in two sizes? I had the smaller ones with the more squared off chests. I remember my mom getting a few in the early 80's on clearance in little baggies with header cards at Kay-Bee toys. I loved these little guys, they had so many accessories and play features and were a perfect size to pick up and take anywhere. I had the six-wheeled buggy and the yellow vehicle on the far right (although mine was olive drab). I still have them but the rubber bands that were used as shoulder straps for the equipment have probably rotted away by now.

I too wish I got picked up more. And it was strange that they were on clearance when they were, as I thought these were a mostly late 60's/early 70's toy. But I guess that's a testament to how long some toys linger in the clearance isle.

I loved this thing!

I still have all most of the Dinosaurs but lost most of the rocks. I think I only have the one cave section on the left

Those dinosaurs were actually very nice sculpts and the plastic used on the was fairly dense, not the hollowed out stuff

I also have some of those old Aurora Pre-historic scenes model kits that used to fit together into one big diorama. I built them wiht my grand-father when I was in kindergarten.

Although since I played with them like they were toys, many are broke and or missing some parts. The giant red T-Rex was always my favorite. It had glow in the dark teeth and eyes

I envy this person being able to keep them all in tact...

allofthem.jpg

Although the tar pit one always freaked me out. I had such a fear of tar pits

It had the beast thing stuck in it with a vulture picking off parts of it's flesh and the adjacent sabertooth getting ready to pounce on it

not mine, but...

hqdefault.jpg

dsalcinesprehis03.jpg

Going to be honest, theres 13 pages here and i'm not going to look through them all to post this. But does anyone remember action figures from the 80's that allowed you to add additonal arms and things to the figures? I have no idea what they were called.

Mainly I had a space thing going on; two of the biggest favourites?
Major Matt Mason (and company), and Zeroids.

Mason_Variations.jpg

Can't tell you how many jet sleds I went through! :D

MMMason.jpg

Wish I still had the Major; along with this crew. :(

Zeroids.jpg

I had something similar, but it had a loop that went up the wall about 2-3ft. and the cars had magnets to hold them on so they would drive up the wall.

We need to start a “toys of our youth junk yard section”. I am sure many people have some of these items to sell or trade.

I wish! I stupidly gave away all my original SW toys to a neighbor when I was 10 and then sold everything else (Starcom, MASK, He-Man, G1 Transformers, GI JOE, etc.) at a yard sale...

I wish! I stupidly gave away all my original SW toys to a neighbor when I was 10 and then sold everything else (Starcom, MASK, He-Man, G1 Transformers, GI JOE, etc.) at a yard sale...

My Mother did exactly the same thing. She gave all my original SW figs and pristine Death Star to a jumble sale after I had moved out :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back