Toys Of Our Youth

Discussion in 'Collectibles' started by KrangPrime, Nov 24, 2016.

1. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

Some things i wonder if they still make that we no longer have....

-a Box with cutouts of shapes all over it. the top was tanish, the sides where greenish, and i think the pieces where blue or red. all 6 sides of the box had cut outs of shapes, and you had to put the correct shape in the correct hole. and the top lid came off to empty it.

- A Frog that opened it's mouth when you squeezed the plunger.

One of my favorite cups that had classic cartoons on it. I specifically remember mighty mouse and heckle and jeckle. it was white/tanish in color.

would love to see some pictures at least cause i can't find any. these toys would be late 70s, or early 80s.

2. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Eyes Only likes this.
  3. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

That frog looks about right :).

for the shape box, the second one looks more right. but the four sides where a darker green and the top was whiteish.

the kind of things that where kept forever in grandma's house thatyou thought would always be there but one day just vanished..

4. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

n0regret5, George and Wes R like this.
  5. JediMichael

JediMichael Sr Member

I've actually been trying to find this toy I had in either the late 80s or early 90s. I don't know waht it was from and can only remember the basics of it. It being a vehicle with these orangeish red guys. Maybe I can try and draw it best I can from memory and see if anyone knows what in the world the toy was.

KrangPrime likes this.
  6. JediMichael

JediMichael Sr Member

Well....this is kinda the toy....but I think if I really saw a pic, I'd find I'm so wrong in parts. But it was something like this I remember. I hate this.

[​IMG]

KrangPrime and Halliwax like this.
  7. JPH

JPH Sr Member

Remember a green slime toy? Then I think they came out with a purple version? I think it had fake worms in it. It came in a little plastic can with resealable lid

8. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

HA!! That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! Cheap * doctor's or dentist office toys!

Like that thing with the wire tubing where you would slide the beads and balls all around it. Usually covered in kid snot! :lol

9. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

Sounds like Kerplunk :)

11. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

Lol. They have one of those at the place we get our kid's haircuts. My son loves it. Even with tablets and all the other fancy stuff they have some things are always fun.

12. dropshipbob

dropshipbob Sr Member

Still are today. My kids doctor has that same thing in her waiting room.

Halliwax likes this.
  13. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

No, it wasn't Kerplunk. Kerplunk was an actual game. This doohickey seemed to really have no purpose other than just to slide those beads and crap around. I'm guessing it was supposed to be some kind of hand/eye coordination thing for young children.

Usually some version of this kind of thing. This looks like a newer version of it. The ones we had in the 70s seemed much more dangerous.
    Beaded-wooden-educational-toys-baby-hand-eye-coordination-exercise-1-3-Early-Learning_jpg_350x35.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  14. CT1138

CT1138 Sr Member

Some of my favorites were the good old Kenner Jurassic Park and The Lost World toys. Good times, good times. I still keep a handful of my collection in my closet out of sentimentality.

15. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Moviefreak likes this.
  16. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

OMG Tupperware toys!!! My Mom sold that crap in the 70s also. I had all kinds of Tupperware toys!! Had totally forgotten about those!!

17. jarroth

jarroth Well-Known Member

made alot of toys myself, funnything is start making them again with my son and still have a blast with them.

one of these:

photo-rubberband-gun-light.png

alot of these:

armymen.jpg

and lots of rubber bands :D

18. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

[​IMG]

Axlotl and Eyes Only like this.
  19. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

Does anyone remember Constructs from the 80's. They were like a cross between Lego and Erector sets. I was digging through my old stuff at my parent's yesterday and came across my old sets. Some of them were still assembled. This was my attempt to build the drop ship from Aliens! Lol.

IMG_5187.JPG

20. Eyes Only

Eyes Only Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER