Tomenosuke Pro Retail Owners - Top Tip.

PartyRichter

I love the Tomenosuke Pro Retail but wasn't crazy about the matte finish on the receiver and bolt assembly. So I bought some 'Abbey Silicone Gun Oil 35' from Amazon and rubbed a couple of drops into the surface...and what a difference! I can recommend it to any Tom' Pro Retail owners. It darkened up the metal and gave it a lovely satin sheen...which - at least to my eyes - makes it look more screen accurate. Here's a couple of pics:

IMG_0448.jpgIMG_0449.jpg

Wow, nice result! I have the WorCon model myself, and although I love the colour of the receiver, it too is a little more matte than I'd like. Maybe I should try this oil myself. Does it leave any residue after it's been wiped off?

Thanks! Amazingly, once you've wiped it down, there isn't any residue. I don't really understand the science of it, but it seems to create a sort of shiny 'shield' that even seems resistant to fingerprints. Great stuff.

I love the Tomenosuke Pro Retail but wasn't crazy about the matte finish on the receiver and bolt assembly. So I bought some 'Abbey Silicone Gun Oil 35' from Amazon and rubbed a couple of drops into the surface...and what a difference! I can recommend it to any Tom' Pro Retail owners. It darkened up the metal and gave it a lovely satin sheen...which - at least to my eyes - makes it look more screen accurate. Here's a couple of pics:

View attachment 681063View attachment 681064

Now that is nice. I may have to give it a go. Cheers for posting!

My blaster came with a note saying to use silicon oil to keep it moist. I had no idea what silicone oil was or where to get it. And now I do. Thanks to you. THANKS!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back