The problem regarding the green LED's on the Tomenosuke Blaster

Spikeyfied

Hello everyone,

A while ago (March) Tomenosuke offered a relativly expensive solution for the "problem" that the Green LED's on the Tomenosuke Blaster don't light up (which is ok since they never light up in the Blade Runner Movies. Those official Tomenosuke Units were sold out in minutes (also they only offered 20 pieces) which given the high demand is just odd. So many owners just want their green LED's to light up on their blasters or even use other Colors, the wiring and cable job on this is hard to do and if you don't have quiet hands you will struggle to do so. Also there is the problem of connecting it to a battery. Oddly enough however Tomenosuke themself posted this on a commeng on their own Facebook page:

Screenshot_20230514_024923_Facebook.jpg

I did a little research on where to buy those fishing lights and at first i only found ebay listings for 35+ $ for ONE of those lights, which would make 70 for 2 plus shipping. "Ughh" i thought to myself after all Tomenosuke did not overprice those units so much. But hold on, hold on, i found a store where the lights are relativly inexpensive (4,05€ a piece) plus shipping. Which is about 20 Euros to Germany at least.

Screenshot_20230514_025808_Chrome.jpg

Just search for Milight 316G Mini LED Green on their site. So i ordered 6 of them, and will replace the LED lights on the Tomenosuke and my 3D Printed one. The Store (i don't really know if I'm allowed to post links here...) is called hobbylink japan and they ship worldwide. The lights are also available in different colors (red, green, blue, yellow...) just look them up. I ordered a bunch of them and will post my experience with them, how they fit, work and generally if they are worth the effort. And maybe this helps out a bunch of people on the forum. What i find odd though is that Tomenosuke gives the advice themselves. Why would they do so when they can make a shitton of money selling their lightning rods?

Cheers,

Spikeyfied

Thanks for the info! Curious to see whether it will work. I almost bought one of those rods when they came out in March but by the time I made up my mind they were all gone. Wasn't too upset anyway given the price.. now if there's a cheaper solution I'm all for it! Keep us posted!

Thanks for the info! Curious to see whether it will work. I almost bought one of those rods when they came out in March but by the time I made up my mind they were all gone. Wasn't too upset anyway given the price.. now if there's a cheaper solution I'm all for it! Keep us posted!
Yeah i will do so, i experimented a little on the 3D Printed blaster, if the dimensions of the "rod"/battery truly are 3mm in width they "should" fit perfectly, i tried it, using a 3mm led head and it fitted in so nicely same on the metal rod. Since the 3D Printed rod has exactly the dimensions of the metal one. However the 3D printed one has the little corner on top to glue it to the magazinecover and a slit for the cables to fit through. The Metal rod is missing the little corner and also the little slit, but that shouldn't be a problem, since the overall dimensions are the same. If this works out as i imagine we gonna have a lot of happy members on here. Since Tomenosuke is suggesting this solution themselves it would be strange if it didn't fit. The fishing lights seem to be the same Tomenosuke is using also just a liiittle different, they look a bit longer. Anyway Tomenosuke has to get them from somewhere, since i doubt they produce those lights themselves. On the pictures for the official Tomen rod they can be seen, and it doesn't appear that Tomen has changed anything on the rod itself. They included a little "wrench tool" to twist the lights on/off. But i assume this won't be a problem, little wrenches in 3mm shouldn't be that hard to find. The company producing those fishing lights have pictures on the package where it can be seen that they can be turned on/off by by hand. When they arrive i'll post an update on here. Maybe even make a video on them.

Cheers,

Spikeyfied

The small number of these units sold this year was because they were overstock from when the original run was created in early 2018. The original run was produced by Kazuhiro Saito, who created a limited edition ‘World-Con’ weathered version of the gun for release at Tokyo Comic-con that year. An edition size of just 35 pieces worldwide contained the new sight rod upgrade and these are the remaining parts being sold off.

The small number of these units sold this year was because they were overstock from when the original run was created in early 2018. The original run was produced by Kazuhiro Saito, who created a limited edition ‘World-Con’ weathered version of the gun for release at Tokyo Comic-con that year. An edition size of just 35 pieces worldwide contained the new sight rod upgrade and these are the remaining parts being sold off.
So they sold 15 of those units in 2018, put them in a warehouse somewhere and decided to sell the remaining 20 rods 5 years later? From what i read on the Tomen blogs this is a new run and i can find plenty of posts back from 2018 where people complain that they couldn't get one of these rods and that they were sold out so fast, nobody could get them. That seems like a strange business strategy to me, if the demand is that high

Also i think you refer to the sight rod version where you send them your blaster (which was for japan only) and Mr. Saito himself takes care of your blaster by upgrading the rod himself, so you can use the front trigger to light them up. That isn't the case here. Correct me, if I'm wrong please.

I don’t mean that they sold 15 of the 35 run and had 20 unsold. The original run all sold. I have one myself. I meant there were more than 35 pieces machined at that time…
View attachment 1701103
Oh ok, my bad i missunderstood what you wrote at first. That really is a beautiful piece. But still, why would Tomen not produce more of them? Or make their suggestion regarding the fishing light method more public than just a random facebook comment? If there was a problem with licensing or something they could easily work around on that by just making it more public. I never would have read this, if i was not in contact with them anyway, regarding bad grips on my Retailer Edition. So it stays a little confusing on Tomens part why they would suggest one thing in that comment, but reply to questions regarding a new batch of Light up rods in a way that suggests "There will be no new run." Or "There are no plans producing them in larger numbers." Suggesting that fans won't have the option to light up their rods. I mean yeah, that is true, Tomenosuke won't produce new batches of these, but their way of communicating sometimes is not the best.

Also i have a little update and something that i want to share:

The fishing lights come in 2 sizes: 3×27 mm (which appears to be the one Tomen used themselves) and 3×16 mm (which they refer to in the facebook comment)

The only difference seems to be the length and that hobby link japan limits the number you can order on the 3x27 mm (1 per person.

Screenshot_20230514_170215_Chrome.jpg

While there is no limit on the 3x16mm light.

Screenshot_20230514_170120_Chrome.jpg

I ordered six of the 3x16mm which has no limit currently. Though the limit could be because the 3x27mm are low in stock. Other than the length the lights are the same. The Name of the lights refers to their measurements and the color they come in from what i can tell (327 G meaning 3x27 mm Green), (316 G meaning 3x16 mm Green). It could be possible that Tomen refers to the 316 G because the rod with the lights that they sold is slightly different than the one already mounted on the blaster and that the 316 fits better. Also Hobbylink Japan suggests other usage for the fishing lights as well on their product page.

Why not just wire up green LEDs to the main circuit? It would be cheaper and battery replacement would not be a concern.
Because some may not have the Skills required to solder and wire the green LED's to the same curcuit as the red ones, it was extremly fragile when i tried on the 3D printed one. Also the metal rod on the Tomen is missing the broad hole for the cables i doubt they will fit through. And regarding the battery replacement: that won't be an issue, they can be replaced, i found fitting ones on amazon. The batteries have a capacity for about 30 hours and it will take a few years until they are empty.

Hi. I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I managed to pick up one of these LED rods in the March release and it just arrived today. I’m a bit of a newbie I’m afraid and a little confused by the lack of any information or instructions with the rod. I understand how to physically replace the existing rod on my blaster with this one, but does this also need wired in? I’m a little confused how to install it. Has anyone here done so and can offer me a little advice on where to start please? Thanks!

Oh ok, my bad i missunderstood what you wrote at first. That really is a beautiful piece. But still, why would Tomen not produce more of them? Or make their suggestion regarding the fishing light method more public than just a random facebook comment? If there was a problem with licensing or something they could easily work around on that by just making it more public. I never would have read this, if i was not in contact with them anyway, regarding bad grips on my Retailer Edition. So it stays a little confusing on Tomens part why they would suggest one thing in that comment, but reply to questions regarding a new batch of Light up rods in a way that suggests "There will be no new run." Or "There are no plans producing them in larger numbers." Suggesting that fans won't have the option to light up their rods. I mean yeah, that is true, Tomenosuke won't produce new batches of these, but their way of communicating sometimes is not the best.

Also i have a little update and something that i want to share:

The fishing lights come in 2 sizes: 3×27 mm (which appears to be the one Tomen used themselves) and 3×16 mm (which they refer to in the facebook comment)

The only difference seems to be the length and that hobby link japan limits the number you can order on the 3x27 mm (1 per person.

View attachment 1701121

While there is no limit on the 3x16mm light.

View attachment 1701124

I ordered six of the 3x16mm which has no limit currently. Though the limit could be because the 3x27mm are low in stock. Other than the length the lights are the same. The Name of the lights refers to their measurements and the color they come in from what i can tell (327 G meaning 3x27 mm Green), (316 G meaning 3x16 mm Green). It could be possible that Tomen refers to the 316 G because the rod with the lights that they sold is slightly different than the one already mounted on the blaster and that the 316 fits better. Also Hobbylink Japan suggests other usage for the fishing lights as well on their product page.
Hi Spikeyfied. Inquiry. I've place an order of Paragon FX Group's Deckard's Hero (Elite) blaster (Deckard's Hero (Elite) Blaster Prop Replica by Paragon FX Group) via Sideshow and will be arriving sometime in late June or early July due to monthly payment. After reading this thread about laser sight LED mod, I also ordered the HIROMI 316G LED from HLJ. Out of curiosity, can the original laser sight holder that came with the blaster of green laser tip be plucked out and replace with the HIROMI 316G LED light or it require the actual laser sight mod sold (Green LED Laser Sight for the Tomenosuke Blaster by Kazuhiko Sato | tomenosuke) by Tomenosuke to fit the HIROMI LED light?

How would you go with the mod? Do you own the Tomenosuke's laser sight mod sold by them and then purchase the HIROMI LED to place into them or just plucking out the two green non-function tips that came with the blaster?

You can order the blaster now right from paragon.
Yep, am aware of the blaster is up for sale at Paragon FX Group, but unfortunately am from Canada and on the product page shows only ships in the U.S. due to licensing of the blaster.

I know, you will say, "why not ship to anyone you know (relatives or family member) in the U.S. or ship to a redirect courier service in the U.S. and send the blaster up to Canada that way?...", been with Sideshow Collectible since 2008 and buying Hot Toys with them, thus caught by surprise that Sideshow is selling Paragon FX Group's Hero (Elite) blaster as well, plus I have accumulated Sideshow ($) points to use to ease the monthly payment on the blaster.

If only Paragon FX Group allowed the blaster to ship internationally, am definitely down and would buy it straight from them in a heart beat.

Hi Spikeyfied. Inquiry. I've place an order of Paragon FX Group's Deckard's Hero (Elite) blaster (Deckard's Hero (Elite) Blaster Prop Replica by Paragon FX Group) via Sideshow and will be arriving sometime in late June or early July due to monthly payment. After reading this thread about laser sight LED mod, I also ordered the HIROMI 316G LED from HLJ. Out of curiosity, can the original laser sight holder that came with the blaster of green laser tip be plucked out and replace with the HIROMI 316G LED light or it require the actual laser sight mod sold (Green LED Laser Sight for the Tomenosuke Blaster by Kazuhiko Sato | tomenosuke) by Tomenosuke to fit the HIROMI LED light?

How would you go with the mod? Do you own the Tomenosuke's laser sight mod sold by them and then purchase the HIROMI LED to place into them or just plucking out the two green non-function tips that came with the blaster?
I can definitly answer that question tommorow, this is when the LED's will arrive. At the moment i really don't have a clue if it will work or not, that was why i wanted to keep others updated if it works with the Tomen, so they can order LED's riskfree without worrying if they will fit. I did not order a second rod (you can't get them as a single item anyway as far as i know). Until now i planned on using the standard rod that comes with the Tomen blaster (there is no extra one) but, and that may have been unclear in some of my posts, there will be no wiring required if that works as intended. Since the ordered LED's have their own single battery they won't need any wiring. In regards to the paragonFX Blaster: If I'm correct the Paragon is a rebranded (and licensed by Algon Entertainment) Tomenosuke Blaster. ParagonFX has been very open on what their model is: It is not a new or upgraded model bjt it is cheaper than the Tomen and it is licensed. And it has another Name. That is the big difference. Therefore the LED's should fit in the Paragon, IF they fit into the Tomen. I'll let you all know tomorrow when the LED's arrive. But just to clarify: I'm using the standard Rod/Lasersight that comes with the blaster (is attached to it). You can easily pull the LED's out since Tomen did not glue them in, so you won't even need to unscrew the Sight/Rod. I did not order an extra sight, and as far as i know you can't order it as a single piece without the LED's and those were limited quantities. So all the things i plan on doing I'm doing on a standard issue Tomen Blaster 2019 Retailer Edition. Maybe i will do a video on it, but life sometimes gets in the way and since I'm on vacation for most of next week i can not guarantee any video updates but what i can do is a detailed pictured instruction.

Sorry for the late reply.

I can definitly answer that question tommorow, this is when the LED's will arrive. At the moment i really don't have a clue if it will work or not, that was why i wanted to keep others updated if it works with the Tomen, so they can order LED's riskfree without worrying if they will fit. I did not order a second rod (you can't get them as a single item anyway as far as i know). Until now i planned on using the standard rod that comes with the Tomen blaster (there is no extra one) but, and that may have been unclear in some of my posts, there will be no wiring required if that works as intended. Since the ordered LED's have their own single battery they won't need any wiring. In regards to the paragonFX Blaster: If I'm correct the Paragon is a rebranded (and licensed by Algon Entertainment) Tomenosuke Blaster. ParagonFX has been very open on what their model is: It is not a new or upgraded model bjt it is cheaper than the Tomen and it is licensed. And it has another Name. That is the big difference. Therefore the LED's should fit in the Paragon, IF they fit into the Tomen. I'll let you all know tomorrow when the LED's arrive. But just to clarify: I'm using the standard Rod/Lasersight that comes with the blaster (is attached to it). You can easily pull the LED's out since Tomen did not glue them in, so you won't even need to unscrew the Sight/Rod. I did not order an extra sight, and as far as i know you can't order it as a single piece without the LED's and those were limited quantities. So all the things i plan on doing I'm doing on a standard issue Tomen Blaster 2019 Retailer Edition. Maybe i will do a video on it, but life sometimes gets in the way and since I'm on vacation for most of next week i can not guarantee any video updates but what i can do is a detailed pictured instruction.

Sorry for the late reply.
Hi Spikeyfied. Thank you so much with your reply/clarification! You have answer my inquiry in-depth and I really appreciated. I shall anticipate your final result on how the Hiromi Milight works with your 2019 Tomen blaster without the limited run sight mod. Much oblige!

Hi. I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I managed to pick up one of these LED rods in the March release and it just arrived today. I’m a bit of a newbie I’m afraid and a little confused by the lack of any information or instructions with the rod. I understand how to physically replace the existing rod on my blaster with this one, but does this also need wired in? I’m a little confused how to install it. Has anyone here done so and can offer me a little advice on where to start please? Thanks!
It won't need wiring if you picked it up from Tomen. The Lights on that rod turn on by turning them with that little wrench that comes with it, from what i know and understand. Each of the 2 LED's mounted on that rod has it's own seperate Lithium Ion Battery (Not rechargable) which should last about 30 hours. You could use your own 3mm green LED's and wire them up to the curcuit of the existing 5 red LED's or just wire them up seperatly with their own switch and Battery. That is hard to do in my opinion but if you have a steady hand and good soldering skills and don't waste to much money you can do it. However the wiring would be different from the wiring instructions of the Anderson 3D Printed model, since that one uses Magnets to form a closed curcuit. The Tomen Blaster does not use any magnets on its Battery compartment and it has a slightly different design from the 3D Printed Blaster. I'll let you know how my research turns out, when the lights arrive in the morning. And just for further notice: Before any of you order those lights: Make sure you are allowed to import batteries to your country where you live and make sure that customs are not to high. I had to pay an extra of 13,15 € for six of them (i live in Germany)... That is a total of ~ 55 Euros now with shipping for six of those LED lights... Well... i guess that is still better than 120 + Shipping for the Tomen sight rod... but still i just hope i didn't waste 55 Euros for something that doesn't fit

Cheers,

Spikeyfied

It won't need wiring if you picked it up from Tomen. The Lights on that rod turn on by turning them with that little wrench that comes with it, from what i know and understand. Each of the 2 LED's mounted on that rod has it's own seperate Lithium Ion Battery (Not rechargable) which should last about 30 hours. You could use your own 3mm green LED's and wire them up to the curcuit of the existing 5 red LED's or just wire them up seperatly with their own switch and Battery. That is hard to do in my opinion but if you have a steady hand and good soldering skills and don't waste to much money you can do it. However the wiring would be different from the wiring instructions of the Anderson 3D Printed model, since that one uses Magnets to form a closed curcuit. The Tomen Blaster does not use any magnets on its Battery compartment and it has a slightly different design from the 3D Printed Blaster. I'll let you know how my research turns out, when the lights arrive in the morning. And just for further notice: Before any of you order those lights: Make sure you are allowed to import batteries to your country where you live and make sure that customs are not to high. I had to pay an extra of 13,15 € for six of them (i live in Germany)... That is a total of ~ 55 Euros now with shipping for six of those LED lights... Well... i guess that is still better than 120 + Shipping for the Tomen sight rod... but still i just hope i didn't waste 55 Euros for something that doesn't fit

Cheers,

Spikeyfied
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I a have the paragon Blaster and would love to know if these lights...the 27mm versions...will fit or if it's worth even attempting.

If you can share your results and step by step process it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back