Help re-finishing my PKD receiver

CreechMagoo

Hi all, Iv decided to finally tackle re-finishing my Steyr receiver on my Tomenosuke. The model i started with has the matte finish and I want to make it truer to the original. My issues are that im unsure what the matte finish is and the safest way to remove it, and then what the best way to darken it up again would be. My blaster is not intended to look accurate to the original, I went for a darker take with OG elements hence the desire to to make the receiver lighter than the black accents of the gun (iv included a photo but I have a full breakdown in another thread). But yeah, id just like some help on how to tackle this one as its not something thats easily fixed if I screw up at any point.
IMG_5191.jpeg

I read through your other thread. Is the finish on the receiver the still factory? I don't believe Tomenosuke did a parkerized or cerakote finish on the receivers but someone with more knowledge could confirm.

A few options:
1: Spray a gloss or semi-gloss over the factory paint after a light sanding/buff.
2: Remove the paint entirely, polish, and use the Alumiblack like you did on the sight-rod.
3: Remove the paint and spray with a gloss, semi-gloss color to get the finish you're after.

Personally. I would lean toward option 1 or 2

I read through your other thread. Is the finish on the receiver the still factory? I don't believe Tomenosuke did a parkerized or cerakote finish on the receivers but someone with more knowledge could confirm.

A few options:
1: Spray a gloss or semi-gloss over the factory paint after a light sanding/buff.
2: Remove the paint entirely, polish, and use the Alumiblack like you did on the sight-rod.
3: Remove the paint and spray with a gloss, semi-gloss color to get the finish you're after.

Personally. I would lean toward option 1 or 2
yeah Im thinking ill try 2, its the most risky but I think itll have the best result in the end

It's a little risky but still reversible if you don't like the results. Just polish the daylights out of it beforehand. I look forward to seeing how it comes out!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back