'Timelord Emergency Messaging System' Doctor Who Season 6: 'The Doctor's Wife'

Wait... If the photo cube is "For 3 x 3 inch" pictures, that means the inner face of the side panels is 3x3"... The actual outer dimensions would be larger!

Using the screencap of the cube, ruler, and maths, I come up with a 3.75" cube when scaling up from an assumed 3" inner face length. Which matches the toy version. Hmmm

Wait... If the photo cube is "For 3 x 3 inch" pictures, that means the inner face of the side panels is 3x3"... The actual outer dimensions would be larger!
True.... BUT... there's a gap between the inner cube and the outer cube. There are those that have seen the real prop that say the inner cube was made with a FOUND OBJECT that measures 3" cubed. So the outer cube was scaled up based on that object's size.

I am surprised to learn how close the CO toy version is to the size of the actual prop. Most of that size difference is most likely coming from how thin the outer cube is on their version, as the actual prop used VERY thick acrylic/plexi/whatever. Just at a guess from eyeballing it, it was probably at least ¼" thick, so that seems to account for most of the size difference. But CO would never make it that thick, as it would be cost-prohibitive for the price point they were targeting. :p

Last edited:
Please note:

My sources (which haven't steered me wrong yet) are telling me that this cube is too small as Jack T Chance is correct in regard to sizing.

It is the same size as the CO though, so I think it would still do the job quite nicely.

I know it's a long time but I'm heading to England & Scotland next year and could have a bunch of these sent to my wife's uncle to bring back to NA.

Only if you're willing to wait a year though. :lol

Hi sorry to interrupt. I am making one of these and i got a cube light from work to use inside. They are easy to mod to just light white. Mood Cube | RED5 Gadget Shop
CO obviously made their own version of that for their toy. It has a 3-position Mode Switch on the underside, the 3 settings are..

1. On w/ White Lights
  2. Off
  3. On w/ Multi-Colored Mood Lights
The last one is the mode I usually leave it on. Looks cooler with the colored lights. :cool

And I think oraclemask has just solved the mystery of what the found object was. If not that particular one, it's likely something similar that was available in large quantities there in Cardiff. :)

Last edited:
Looking at photo cubes. Seen some that can rotate on a stand so i think it'll look good on display. I'm only a novice but i think it'll look good lit on a shelf.

I would think they silk screened it, or something similar. As for the mounting points, I'd need a cube in my hands to 'play' with. (EDIT) looking at the OP, maybe little clear plastic points or nibs or cones of some kind... maybe crazy glued in place?

Oh, BTW... emailed Paperchase asking if they have a US distributor. :)
Their response...

Thank you for contacting Paperchase Customer Services.

We are currently selling a range of products exclusive to the USA in Target stores, however this product is not included in that range. Please let us know if you need any assistance placing an order online.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back