The Walking Dead Season 2 New Release Date !

elvenisman2

I'm so ***king pumped for season two coming out and just saw the release date is for this month ! last reading it said october so my hopes were low expecting it to fall around halloween like last year and now reading this makes me kind of nervous for the 13 episode season based off of volume 2 of The Walking Dead maybe they'll encorporate volume 3 aswell but hopefully (spoiler) sorry they kill off shane this series because with such an unkowing will of what the character will do this season which probably is what AMC was aiming for to keep fans curiously occupied we'll see his demise that shouldve happened in the first season IF they were following the comic volumes which scares me somewhat, I just finished reading volume 13 soon to be 14 so I know what to expect and im not saying theres anything wrong with more of Rick Grimes shooting off some walkers on a side story here and there but I'm in it for the story which AMC hopefully doesnt kill with the unexpected survival of shane or any more added characters or complete changes in the story. also to see the way they capture hershel's farm and all of the story there and after that and also tyreese who I am seriously hoping wasnt t-dog in the show because that kills the story of his daughter and her bf and also the epic fight in the prison gym and the governor, and the comeback of murl after what he did on the roof. If they do follow into volume 3 i want to see who they cast for michonne and if they catch her dark yet trustworthy character. BUUT if they do kill the story with more surprises atleast theres some good zombies in it :) heres the link I read and I really wanna hear your thoughts on the comic series and the show.

Walking Dead Season 2 Coming in July - MoviesOnline

you are doing this on purpose, huh?

You torture me in every forum I visit.

Please, mods, delete this stupid thread before it becomes a trap for more.

you are doing this on purpose, huh?

You torture me in every forum I visit.

Please, mods, delete this stupid thread before it becomes a trap for more.
+1

I stopped reading after the first line or two due to lack of sentences/paragraphs.

+2

AMC just priemered the new breaking bad season, why would they release season 2 for the WD at the same time????

In the article, they quote BRYAN CRANSTON as saying that AMC wanted to position his show in July. Is that the source for this news? Cranston is on Breaking Bad - which does start in July - rather than Walking Dead.

What a crummy bit of reporting.

Fixed it. My words in brackets.

I’m so ****ing pumped for season two (of the Walking Dead) coming out and just saw the release date (has been pushed ahead) for this month! (I had thought it was) October, so my hopes were low, expecting it to (return) around Halloween like last year…

(I’m) kind of nervous about the (new) season. (Will it be) based (on) volume 2 of The Walking Dead (comic book)? Maybe… volume 3 as well?
Hopefully, they kill off Shane this season… (as they did in the comic book. Otherwise, they’re just intentionally keeping us off guard. Personally, I think his death) should’ve happened in the first season if they were following the comic volumes.
(Any depature from the source material) scares me somewhat.

I just finished reading volume 13 and (I am almost done with) 14 so I know what to (reasonably) expect. (Not to say) there’s anything wrong with more of Rick Grimes shooting off… walkers… but I’m in it for the story, which… hopefully (the television version) doesn’t (rape my childhood by making radical departures from the source material such as)
the unexpected survival of Shane
or any more added characters or (other) complete changes in the story.

(I want) to see the way they (tell the story of) Hershel’s farm… Also, (how they introduce) Tyreese, who I am seriously hoping wasn’t T-dog in the show, because that (will alter) the story of his daughter and her (boyfriend). (As well as change) the epic fight in the prison gym and ( the encounter later on with) the Governor. (Although I am interested in the return of) Merl after (his harrowing escape from) the roof.

If (this season does get to Volume 3 of the collected comic book issues), I want to see who they cast for Michonne and if they (can) catch her dark yet trustworthy character. But if they do (rape my childhood) with more (comic book deviations), at least there’s some good zombies in it. :)

Here's the link I read and (I’m) really (interested in hearing) your thoughts on the comic (book) series and the show.

To each their own. I didn't mind the Governor's plot and I thought it did well to deepen Rick's character and change the mood of the story. It's been a long running element in the comics that there are groups of survivors out there that are going to be just as dangerous to them as the zombies.

I too thought season one of the tv show should have ended with Carl having fired Rick's pistol and I've said as much in other TWD threads.

I just hope the writing and acting are better this time out. I still much prefer the comic book. I can imagine soap opera music playing during some of the interpersonal stuff in the television show, and I don't like doing that a bit.

I kind of like the idea of having the show be a completely different story line than the comic
I don't mind taking some liberties... but completely different? Not sure if I like that.

Honestly, If the event at the end of the first trade doesn't happen soon, I don't think I'll watch much more.

+3 no sentence structure, I'm unable to read
I wasnt exactly trying for writing the decleration of independance only trying to start an open discussion on my thoughts for the coming show.

To each their own. I didn't mind the Governor's plot and I thought it did well to deepen Rick's character and change the mood of the story. It's been a long running element in the comics that there are groups of survivors out there that are going to be just as dangerous to them as the zombies.

I too thought season one of the tv show should have ended with Carl having fired Rick's pistol and I've said as much in other TWD threads.

I just hope the writing and acting are better this time out. I still much prefer the comic book. I can imagine soap opera music playing during some of the interpersonal stuff in the television show, and I don't like doing that a bit.
I agree with this. The comic is more based off of the changing of the characters as themselves an how dangerous they can become and has the zombies as just a backround element which the show didnt exactly capture. They deffinatly need to have more character development this season

I wasnt exactly trying for writing the decleration of independance only trying to start an open discussion on my thoughts for the coming show.

Well perhaps for future reference, you'll try a bit harder. Less is better isn't always the case when it comes to number of paragraphs.

And also I think they did quite well with using the zombies as a secondary element to the fall of civilization and focusing more on how a person can change.

Also you have to remember that they only got 6 episodes in the first season, not a lot of time to tell a story and show character developement for all the major players. They didn't even know they would get a second season until after the first season was shot.

Well perhaps for future reference, you'll try a bit harder. Less is better isn't always the case when it comes to number of paragraphs.

And also I think they did quite well with using the zombies as a secondary element to the fall of civilization and focusing more on how a person can change.

Also you have to remember that they only got 6 episodes in the first season, not a lot of time to tell a story and show character developement for all the major players. They didn't even know they would get a second season until after the first season was shot.

I know that it was a pilot season to see fans reactions but I think they did some good points with character development like Morgan and also Shane but some bad ones like killing off Amy and Barely knowing anything about her and also who T-Dog is and the fact the black woman (I cant remember her name at the moment) in the show was actually his significant other, they didnt show that connection till the last episode. I'm trying to point ot next season they should try a little better with us getting to know some of the characters before they kill them off.

July is halfway over, there has been zero lead up to this that I've seen. When Season 1 came out, there was promo stuff EVERYWHERE and for at least a month ahead of initial airing. Now that it's been proven to be a hit, you'd think the media blitz would be at least as big as last time.

That's because as has been pointed out already, there's nothing until October. The release date I found is October 21st. The article was in error. The only thing this month is a preview on Breaking Bad, though you can bet they'll at least say the month it's coming in the preview.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back