The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

New info for Aliens Fireteam Elite

New trailer by itself.

Shadowrun Trilogy also being given away for free on GOG right now.

Last edited:
New info for Aliens Fireteam Elite ...
Not a fan of team shooters myself, but I'm sure there's a market for it and I'm only too happy to see the franchise move on from the Colonial Marines debacle.
Shadowrun Trilogy also being given away for free on GOG right now.

Thanks! I'll definitely check that out.

Darkest Dungeon 2 info dump for anyone who is as obsessed with the original Darkest Dungeon as I am.

EDIT: Going by the twitter buzz it looks like Ghost of Tsushima is getting a Director's Cut version annnnnd a stand alone DLC expansion called Ghost of Ikishima.

Last edited:
I know I'm probably gonna get some judgement for this, but I have played one game and working through it's sequel right now, which plays like Stanley Kubrick decided to do an H.P. Lovecraft version of Eyes Wide Shut, and got H.R. Giger to come in and do some production design for an alternate reality. The games are Lust for Darkness, and it's followup is Lust From Beyond, which will soon release a version that will cut out some of the sexual content and up the horror for console release (as seen in this trailer). I've linked the trailers due to the suggestiveness of them (which I think may be against ToS, and I don't want to cause a problem. So, if you click on the title for the first game and the "as seen in this trailer", you'll get the trailer for each game).

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut now confirmed.

Ikishima Island DLC expansion confirmed to be included.

EDIT: New Dying Light 2 trailer just released

Last edited:
Isnt a Death Stranding Directors Cut also confirmed as well?

I guess we are now calling game of the year versions (games with all the DLC included) directors cuts now. Not sure why video game producers have such an obsession with being like movie directors.

i just hope the DLC is included on disc and not downloadable codes which seems to be the way the industry is moving.

Isnt a Death Stranding Directors Cut also confirmed as well?

I guess we are now calling game of the year versions (games with all the DLC included) directors cuts now. Not sure why video game producers have such an obsession with being like movie directors.

i just hope the DLC is included on disc and not downloadable codes which seems to be the way the industry is moving.

Looks like quite a bit of new stuff.

Looks like quite a bit of new stuff.
Seems like Death Stranding dc is only releasing for PS5 although PS4 users can upgrade their versions with an additional $10. It does look like there is quite a bit of added stuff but I wonder if the basic gameplay will be changed to be “more fun.” The gameplay was purposefully made “boring” in some parts and Kojima did mention he has reflected on it.

Unfortunately MGSV is owned by Konami who I cant trust to make things right but I do wish MGSV got a “director’s cut.” We know there was content missing from the game, notably an ending with Liquid that was cut due to not enough time.

Well the "Switch Pro" turned out to be kind've dud if you already own a Switch.

Although the recent announcement of the Steam Deck has me really interested in picking one of these up.

EDIT: Took the plunge and got the big boy model of this reserved on Steam.

Last edited:
Final preview of Aliens Fire Team Elite

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut Iki Island preview

Last edited:
Anyone else here playing No Man's Sky? I got it when it was on sale a couple of months or so ago after I finished Cyberpunk. I was unsure about it at first and was concerned about the length of the main story line, but after I don't know how many hours of playing, so far, I've barely scratched the surface of the main story. I find myself spending a lot of time exploring whatever planet I'm on trying to gather resources, more resources than I really need, and thus having to spend time finding a place to sell off excess loot. But, in spite of this, I'm still quite poor, the game's economy is pretty rough, at my highest, I had a couple million units (the in game currency) saved up, this would be a lot of money in most other games but NMS that's chump change.

Anyone else play Metro Exodus on PC? The movement speed is horrendous. You either feel like you're constantly being slowed down or getting stuck in mud. It's so bad I'm not even playing it and it doesn't look like there's any fix. Oh and the audio is some of the worst I've ever heard, not to mention for a AAA game.

I never cared for the Metro series, mostly because I hate the whole air filter mechanic. It makes you search for something continually which depletes while you're searching for it. Too much of a survival horror feel for me and I hate those.

If there are any Canadian PS5 owners, Amazon.ca has price reduced almost all their PS5 titles right now, some as low as $39.99, $49.99 and $64.99. Unreleased games are still $79.99 and $89.99 but everything else seems to be on sale. I ordered 4 games and haven’t even got a PS5 yet. If the sale is still up come pay day I may snag a couple more at that discount.

Anyone else here playing No Man's Sky? I got it when it was on sale a couple of months or so ago after I finished Cyberpunk. I was unsure about it at first and was concerned about the length of the main story line, but after I don't know how many hours of playing, so far, I've barely scratched the surface of the main story. I find myself spending a lot of time exploring whatever planet I'm on trying to gather resources, more resources than I really need, and thus having to spend time finding a place to sell off excess loot. But, in spite of this, I'm still quite poor, the game's economy is pretty rough, at my highest, I had a couple million units (the in game currency) saved up, this would be a lot of money in most other games but NMS that's chump change.
I tried that out and got off the first planet, then literally never went back to it. I suppose I might check it out later, but it just felt...empty and without a real story. And the mechanics alone didn't grab me.

Lately, I've been playing the following games:

- Marvel's Avengers
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker (but I'll probably stop when Wrath of the Righteous comes out)
- Endless Space 2 and Might and Magic VI once in a while.

I really dig Marvel's Avengers. The campaign is terrific, and although I've beaten it, I still enjoy just running around beating stuff up as comic book heroes. The game has a ton of nuance to it in the combat. It still needs work on some other aspects, but I got it on sale and definitely am getting my money's worth.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back