The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

World War Z Aftermath just announced for all platforms.

World War Z: Aftermath is the next evolution of the original hit World War Z, featuring 4K|60 FPS gameplay on next-gen systems, a new melee combat system, new first-person mode, and full cross-play on consoles and PC. Join up to three friends or play on your own with AI teammates

New Sifu teaser

Some Battlefield 2042 gameplay info

Last edited:
I hate having all these services because I have games I apparently got on Humble Bundle, forgot about, and I must not have redeemed the codes in time, so I'm guessing they are unplayable now.

I guess with E3 here lots of new teasers are coming out.

Eiyuden Chronicles, the spiritual successor to the Suikoden franchise from the original devs look amazing. I was a kickstarter backer for this one. It's an Xbox teaser but the game is coming to all platforms

Stalker 2 finally coming

Battlefield 2042 128 player teaser

Inspired by the Heroes of Might and Magic series, Songs of Conquest finally gets a reveal

Last edited:
The Nintendo Direct finally happened. My personal picks of the show were Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot and Metroid Dread.

Also just got a reminder that the oldschool classic, Zombies ate my Neighbors and its sequel Ghoul Patrol are getting a bundle release on Switch and PS4 June 29th which I will certainly be getting considering the obscene amount of times I rented them as a kid.

I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 off and on. I guess they nerfed the Space Oddity exploit before I got there. Oh well.
They fixed the overall bug that let you exploit the drop boxes in general. The exploit actually allowed you to sell as many of an item as the drop box had cash, regardless of how many of the item you had. Of course, you could also buy as much of an item as you had cash for,the Space Oddity painting just allowed you to really exploit the bug since it sold for a good amount but could be bought back for cheap. I made my money before they fixed the bug, fortunately, so by the time I finished the game I had more money than what I knew to do with. Equally fortunately, if future DLC allows you to contihue from the end game with the same V you finished with, I have plenty of those paintings in my stash in case I really need the money.

They fixed the overall bug that let you exploit the drop boxes in general. The exploit actually allowed you to sell as many of an item as the drop box had cash, regardless of how many of the item you had. Of course, you could also buy as much of an item as you had cash for,the Space Oddity painting just allowed you to really exploit the bug since it sold for a good amount but could be bought back for cheap. I made my money before they fixed the bug, fortunately, so by the time I finished the game I had more money than what I knew to do with. Equally fortunately, if future DLC allows you to contihue from the end game with the same V you finished with, I have plenty of those paintings in my stash in case I really need the money.
That's one of the many nice things about this game.
The endgame portion lets you return to just before the point-of-no-return dialog, so once you're done you can not only explore all the other paths, but also play through all the side quests you didn't feel like doing before.

Was that the mission where you find the painting in the crashed probe thing? If so I never even saw it in my inventory to sell it or do anything with it.

Was that the mission where you find the painting in the crashed probe thing? If so I never even saw it in my inventory to sell it or do anything with it.
Yeah, it's the crashed probe mission. It's a multi-part missions that should have taken you out to the badlands where you'll encounter some baddies. Once you've taken care of them you should be able to loot the painting called Untitled 18. At least that's how I think that you acquire that painting.

Ok. I remember Silverhand saying it's valuable and you could get rich or something, but then it was never in my inventory to do anything with it. I thought maybe it would show up in my apartment or something.

Speaking of apartments, that tarot card hunt mission is one of the most BS missions I've ever seen in a game. You run all over to find them and then all you get is a dream catcher for your apartment from Misty! C'mon!

Ok. I remember Silverhand saying it's valuable and you could get rich or something, but then it was never in my inventory to do anything with it. I thought maybe it would show up in my apartment or something.

Speaking of apartments, that tarot card hunt mission is one of the most BS missions I've ever seen in a game. You run all over to find them and then all you get is a dream catcher for your apartment from Misty! C'mon!
The painting is something that you have to loot, it doesn't automatically appear in your inventory.

As for the tarot mission, that wasn't a big deal to me, I didn't actively pursue that mission very much. Most of the time I'd only look for the graffiiti that was near where I was at the time. It was only later in the games once I started to run out of things to did I start to go out of my way to look for them.

Even funnier when some quests were just flat out broken.
Remember the one where you're supposed to hunt down the rogue self-driving cabs? There was one where the game just wouldn't trigger the requirements to move on to the next step, so I got so fed up that I blew up the car, therefore causing the entire quest chain to fail.
Idiot shouldn't have returned my car in a barely drivable state.

Even funnier when some quests were just flat out broken.
Remember the one where you're supposed to hunt down the rogue self-driving cabs? There was one where the game just wouldn't trigger the requirements to move on to the next step, so I got so fed up that I blew up the car, therefore causing the entire quest chain to fail.
Idiot shouldn't have returned my car in a barely drivable state.
I only had problems with 2 quests, one of which was resolved after a patch. I had an issue with one of the cyberpsycho quests where the cyberpsycho in question would glitch into a set of steps and you couldn't access the body to get a PDA to finish the quest. Eventually, CDPR fixed this in a patch and put the PDA in your inventory and you would get credit for finishing the quest.

The one quest that I was never able to finish was where you had to sneak into a high rise building and kill the guy who lived there. The game wouldn't allow you to carry the guy and activate the elevator at the same time, and if you dropped him and activated the elevator, he wouldn't move with the elevator and would stay at the floor you were at while you went down. I mangaged to get around that by dropping him, push the elevator button and then pick him back up right away. The real problem came when I dropped his body off into the designated car's trunk, I did that and it seemed to finish the quest but my log kept on saying that the quest wasn't complete. I went back to the quest location a few times and there was no body there. But, it was only a side gig so it was no big deal and it was the only one that I wasn't able to succesfully complete.

Well, as long as that one quest works where you're helping the guy with the malfunctioning crotch implant ... :D

I was kind of bummed that he never reappeared. They add his number to your phone, so I imagined you would interact with him more. Nothing really changes, but I thought it was even funnier playing a female V and poking fun at him.

Riceball said:
The painting is something that you have to loot, it doesn't automatically appear in your inventory.

Oh I did loot it, I just never saw it in my possession.

Oh I did loot it, I just never saw it in my possession.
Thinking about it now, I think that you have to look at all of your inventory and not one specific category. It doesn't show up in the junk section or any other loot section, only in the unsorted/unfiltered tab with all of the quest junk that you acquire in the game but can't normally see.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back