The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Congratulations, onderon! What a special prop to add to your collection. I love how these found parts Obi sabers are made of the same base founds parts, yet each assembled hilt is quite unique.
I agree completely! It's funny to be able to recognize individual sabers that belong to members whose builds I was inspired by as I did my own. They're all so individual

Lovely stuff.

I always have an issue with figuring out how to display it. Mine just sits on a table at the moment... should do better
I keep thinking about it as well. Some days I would like to see it in a nice vintage wooden chest or box, the other day I think it would look cool in an awesome custom made plastic holder. But I think I will put it in a Detolf or Kallax with some other goodies.

Cool find…

7741504F-160A-479B-9F44-9EAED6AD00EB.jpeg

607A5E2B-1C0D-4A36-9D8E-F6ABAD2262ED.jpeg

Five years ago I first "finished" this prop. And while it was a beautiful piece, I always wanted more. I tinkered with it, added and removed pieces, but figured out quickly that the two parts that would take this to the next level were the grenade and a proper female balance pipe. But after COVID hit I just had to accept that it was good enough.
Flash forward 6 months ago and after NickCline lit a fire under my ass by selling me the grenade I have now, I felt that nah, I could do better. I still need to get my transistors I got from Diego86 added on and I'm still waiting on a new chassis system from DaveP's run. But thanks to 3521Bimmer and MalakiSkywalker, I finally got the last "real" part that I have been half missing the past 5 years: A proper, fuel covered, and gorgeous female balance pipe!!

_nc_ohc=OdFPVIduxRAAX_c4W1A&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=tjkCPi_HPvcAX9kZ_o3&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=XM4ziNqzqJUAX9m1Plx&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Though I still plan on using DaveP's chassis for this build, I wanted to build a new chassis to fit my Romans emitter for the time being, just to placate myself. This is what I came up with. This will do until I get the Daves in for sure.

Attachments

• Obi New Chassis 2.jpg
    Obi New Chassis 2.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Obi New Chassis.jpg
    Obi New Chassis.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks Romans Empire ... I've now added your real vintage parts Obi-Wan lightsaber to my index files. Thus far I have 56 persons with an all real vintage parts completed Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber, either with a female or male Balance Pipe, accounted for with pictures. Some members have more vintage parts in their collection either assembled as a complete lightsaber or displayed separately. There are some completed sabers presented on facebook as well, alas I don't have each and everyone in my index just yet ... Halliwax did you ever complete your build yet?

Obi-Wan-007.jpg

Chaïm

Last edited:
Nice :) When was this finished? This is the one you used to model your parts?

Thank you! :) Well, that's kind of a looooong story... This current version was used for most 'tweaks' when I would update materials to match the real parts... This version was finished maybe eight (8) years ago. At one point I had three (3) BP's in my collection and used those to model my current BP run.

However, everything else was modeled from my previous Real Parts version that I sold maybe... 15 years ago? Sadly. But like I said, this version was used for nearly all (most) the tweaks when I could afford to upgrade materials. :)

I have everything but a balance pipe. I did decide to use Dave P transistors/washers too - my old Motorola ones just weren’t accurate enough for me lol

I was brave and ran a 3/8 16 t nut into my vintage sink knob and put a set screw through the inside of the rim. So now that threads on too

Shown I think is a Roman’s endcap
IMG_7472.jpeg
72A8639C-A9E5-4B30-95CE-DBB34CAEB990.jpeg
D3E6DB94-C34F-4DEA-AD77-3BE38FEB3E05.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg

Oh yeah so I cracked my bubble strip from clamp pressure - so yeah, I carved my own wannawanga strip by hand into the right angle upper corner cut pattern

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back