The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Thanks Romans Empire ... I've now added your real vintage parts Obi-Wan lightsaber to my index files. Thus far I have 56 persons with an all real vintage parts completed Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber, either with a female or male Balance Pipe, accounted for with pictures. Some members have more vintage parts in their collection either assembled as a complete lightsaber or displayed separately. There are some completed sabers presented on facebook as well, alas I don't have each and everyone in my index just yet ... Halliwax did you ever complete your build yet?

View attachment 1711003

Chaïm
Mine “was” completed then I took it back apart. Long story..

I wanted to film it as professional as I could. One of my friends is in school for video production, she had a project and we decided to shoot me assembling it and doing very little machining. Fab’ed but a center plug to hold the emitter on, cut and adapted the main rod with a brass carriage bolt to hold the sink know. Nothing serious

But she got to bring over to the shed some serious equipment from the college, super expensive 4k cameras, this thing was huge!

She brought over all kinds of lights and a back ground so some scenes are in a “infinity” back ground, she also had a fog machine, and these, I call them camera rollers.. they are pipes with motors that you put the camera on so you can move it in and out.. spinning table..

She filmed 90% of it, it was crazy… close up shots, shots far away.. the black gloves looked amazing…

Anyway.. she was doing this on a Mac book, the damn thing died before she finished, she was in a jam and needed the project done for a certain date. Not having enough money she bought some cheap laptop and with all the footage lost or unobtainable she made a new video with her dog in the back yard…

She still has the laptop, last she told me the guy she brought it to couldn’t get the footage off it and said count it as gone

This was a few years ago now.. her final assignment will be something of the same task but more intense, so we decided to reshoot the whole thing then

So I ended up taking the whole saber apart and never put it back together, waiting on her

Her editing, camera skills and equipment are way out of my league. And after seeing what she did the first time I don’t want to do it own my own

It was amazing what she threw together in a weekend…

Scruffylooking ... yours are 3rd row from the bottom and Jediseth 5th row from the top ... I did this on purpose ... to leave out all the members names in this composed picture, because I know in the past some members have been bombarded with pleas to sell their precious lightsabers.

Also some members have more than 1 picture included. Now this index does not include all the gathered loose vintage parts, which are kept in displays in some collections. Thusfar, I've read that 7 Rolls Royce Derwent engines have been found and bought with the correct Balance Pipe assembly, which makes 126 Balance Pipes in total including Female + Male and several, I don't know how many, New Old Stock BP's amongst the members.

Thanks Halliwax ... well as soon as you post pictures of a completed one you'll be included in my index, rest assured mine isn't in that picture either o_O ... I'm still hoping I'll be able to upgrade to a female BP and symmetric No.3Mk I grenade.

Chaïm

Finished up another real parts build! No matter how many of these I get the privilege to handle, it never gets old

IMG_7055.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7057.jpeg

IMG_7058.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpeg

So we have reached post# 3000 ... and to celebrate I made a composite of all the real parts lightsabers posted in this thread + some from facebook ... this is my index :

View attachment 1715638

Chaïm
Well, life happens and I stepped away from active collecting a few years ago so I haven’t logged in here in just as many years Lo and behold I see this table with my parts listed, column 2 row 4. NICE! Not sure what all is in that picture since so small and it’s from when I initially completed the hunt but I can say I added a full cold tap setup and smaller items as bonus display pieces. No intentions of building it though since have an older Roman’s prop sitting next to my parts and thats how I like it, real world items with the movie props next to them (similar to my original condition full camera displays mixed with the props used on). Don’t have accurate capacitors and it’s a snipped male (left overnight in a bonfire for weathering purposes) so perhaps one day I resume the accuracy hunt…

That one ain’t mine… I do have a box, but mine isn’t in pieces… and I’m around… lurking!

And still need to deal with proper transistors… I ordered two once, but the envelope arrives with a giant hole in it.

I really like that grenade in the middle…
What you don’t favor the pristine machine finish grenade I spent 1200 bucks on and restored by hand?!

Kidding. The grenade in the middle is an interesting variety, some extra lathing steps in the neck, which is shorter. The body is brown and very pitted, but keeps its pineapple shape. For this grenade, for ease of storage, we hit it with a clear lacquer coat.

My blued grenade above it is sealed with oil of some kind, maybe 3-in-1 or barricade, I can’t remember what I used. Same stuff on my booster too there on that saber.

What you don’t favor the pristine machine finish grenade I spent 1200 bucks on and restored by hand?!

Kidding. The grenade in the middle is an interesting variety, some extra lathing steps in the neck, which is shorter. The body is brown and very pitted, but keeps its pineapple shape. For this grenade, for ease of storage, we hit it with a clear lacquer coat.

My blued grenade above it is sealed with oil of some kind, maybe 3-in-1 or barricade, I can’t remember what I used. Same stuff on my booster too there on that saber.
That’s nice too! But I love that one in the middle

Very happy to finally be able to share mine with the group

Complete vintage parts build including female balance pipe, Anita transistors, and fully frosted bubbles from an exactra20 red LED board, etc. Can’t get over the condition of the grenade especially. Left the sink knob undrilled

Attachments

• IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2425.jpeg
    IMG_2425.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    900 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 98
Very happy to finally be able to share mine with the group

Complete vintage parts build including female balance pipe, Anita transistors, and fully frosted bubbles from an exactra20 red LED board, etc. Can’t get over the condition of the grenade especially. Left the sink knob undrilled
Congrats! An amazing piece :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back