Done / Completed The Princess Bride - " Buttercup's Dagger " - INTEREST LIST!!!

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"The Princess Bride"
~ Buttercup's Dagger ~

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours!"

I've been wanting this dagger as long as I can remember, and finally have the resources to get it done, thanks to a very dear friend!

This is just an interest list to gauge how many people would be interested.

Sword and knife enthusiasts would benefit greatly by having this in their collection to impress the ladies, and it would also make an amazing gift for your wife or girlfriend, since this is probably every girls favorite movie of all time! Or, it could even help them understand your hobby if you're having trouble in that area! ;)

This is in the beginning stages and have been going back and forth with the factory on details.

It will also include the carved wood box that is shown in the screencaps below! Possibly made from 'Rosewood'!

Handle material - "Simulated Ivory"

So far, the ballpark price for the Dagger w/ Wood Box is around $200.

I'm involving myself in the making of this dagger by sculpting the handle for the factory, which will be molded and cast and also to be used as a model for the carved bone handles.

The fittings will be pewter and set with Austrian Crystals, and the blade will be stainless steel!

I need to see there is at least 10 people interested. This will be some serious brownie-points with your wives and girlfriends!!! ;)

Interest List:
1. annanake
2. StridersHeir
3. Lunaman
4. Logan Cade
5. TFickser
6. Ruddigger (x2)
7. Panaflex
8. Bronson BB
9. center68
10. montified88
11. Mycroft147
12. ZellaRivens
13. Linus Maher
14. Entropy

ButtercupDagger1.png

ButtercupDagger2.png

ButtercupDagger3.png

ButtercupDagger4.png

Last edited:
Re: The Princess Bride - Buttercup's Dagger!!! INTEREST LIST!!!

I'd be interested, but the idea of pewter fittings is putting me off at the moment. I'd greatly prefer mild steel or stainless.

I'd be interested, but the idea of pewter fittings is putting me off at the moment. I'd greatly prefer mild steel or stainless.

That's one of the details I'm working out with them at the moment...

To heck with the girlfriend...I want it for myself...

As of right now, this project cannot go forward without more interest. The minimum order from the factory is 50.
If I had 15 to 20 people on the list, then this would be put into production.

It would indeed be a lovely, and obscure, addition. A pity that no one else thinks so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back