PYRO Y-WING INTEREST THREAD

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So many of you have been asking for an update on the YWING.

Now that the XWING is coming to a close, I have been tossing around some ideas.

I have attached some pictures below to give you an idea of what I am considering making available. For those of you who dont know., this is the Dave Jones pyro Xwing.
Dave saved a set of XWING and Y WING parts for many years, and molded his castings before he sold the actual production pieces.
I own those molds and castings.

However it needs some explanation. Dave was in the process of repairing the upper body.
I have BAGS of parts, and pretty sure I have all the parts needs to cover the Renshape head he was fabricating. I plan to offer a casting of that part as is with NOTHING on it.
For those DIYers.

And I plan on casting a version of it with the parts glued on SANS one, which is the part that goes across the break. Ill keep that separate. (not shown yet in pics)

Im trying to keep the Parts set affordable.

So., I will not be offering parts out of Dave's Mold, unless someone really really wants that generation, but it will be expensive to even consider. They just wont handle I high run.

So I have to remold everything. The NOSE will also probably be in two parts. Upper and Lower halves. Just easier to cast and I can ensure less bubbles as the cockpit instruments are molded in the upper half.

One question I have, the nose of the ship, there are a couple of areas that need attention. Do I repair those? or mold it as is? Thoughts? Im taking a vote.

Price for the parts set as shown in the YWING SET picture is probably going to run1200 to 1500 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 51
  • YWING Set.jpg
    YWING Set.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 50
  • YWINGset1.jpg
    YWINGset1.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 53

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back