Interest Interest Thread–Brass Lids and Mid Plates for ST3, ST5, and STGen communicators

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

I’ve drawn up a CAD model for the brass lids and mid plates of the communicators for ST3, ST5, and ST Generations.

The design is based upon the lids produced for ST5 and scaled with some measurements generously provided by Richard Coyle. The lids and midplates will fit the comm drawings created by 3dTechDesing and which are available for purchase for $10 here Communicator from the movie Star Trek Generations 1994 | 3D Print Model.
So, the idea I have is that anyone who wants to build these comms could buy brass parts from me and could download the body stl files and print them from Treatstock.com for around $30.00-$35.00 ($10 for the license and $25.00 for the prints). You just need to scale the models by factor of .9798183652875883.

The Lid and Mid combo in brass will run around $75.00. To make this run happen, I need a minimum order of 30 sets. If you’re willing to commit to be apart of this project (no money up front needed) please post here and I’ll sign you up. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

And for fun, here are some renders.
Comm 3 scaled with new brass parts v3.png
Comm 3 scaled with new brass parts v4.png
Comm 3 scaled with new brass parts v5.png

BrooklynGuy, that's my deciding factor too. I have a Star Trek III and a Star Trek V communicator I'd love to have grids for.

Anakin Starkiller if we gave you measurements could you confirm? Maybe it's not worth the effort, you mentioned 30 people and not many have responded.

I responded over at TFW, but still interested. Stapleton kit here as well. Might need a second for a printed comm as well.

BrooklynGuy, that's my deciding factor too. I have a Star Trek III and a Star Trek V communicator I'd love to have grids for.

Anakin Starkiller if we gave you measurements could you confirm? Maybe it's not worth the effort, you mentioned 30 people and not many have responded.
Yep. I didn't really get the response I hoped. So I think I'll shift my energy and funds to projects that people are a bit more excited for

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back