The Mandalorian (TV series)

To be fair, Almec was a criminal who spent his entire political career trying to make Mandalore "look good" regardless the costs. He'd say anything about anybody if it was good PR to do so.

And if you had quoted me on the entire statement, you would has read that I also made allowances for the fact that based on what he did say turned it to be incorrect. So we know that it does lead to the possibility that he is lying or ignorant of the truth.

With that being said, does that mean jango could have really been a mando?

Yes.

Mandalorian has meant different things across the star wars timelines, even just counting the animated series and the Mando TV show, there are at least 2-3 competing opinions, add in the Revan era stories in games and comics, and their follow-on's, and you're up to 4-5 without even splitting hairs. And half the time, the different factions are at war / at odds with each other in those stories.

It was stated that Mandalorian is a creed not a race. But I think that although the many clans consider themselves Mandalorian, different clans follow various versions of that creed.

For example, Many people follow a Christian belief, but there are different beliefs within that category.
So I think you may have a some Mandalorian Clans differ in their actions. This is why I think removing your helmet may be a practice by some, and not by others.

I feel like the anonymity likely came as a result of the purge, makes it easier to disappear if they truly need to. Obviously not something they would take lightly in doing so.

speaking of Revan and the history of Mandalorians, I think it would be an interesting utilization of lore if Revan and Tarre Vizsla were one and the same. The details of his fall and the Jedi/Mando conflict having been lost to legend.

Yea, I think the helmet stuff is a development from Revan era Mandalorians where you never take your helmet off for tactical purposes around anyone but close allies. So there was a mando flying around with a group of folks in the comics and he TECHNICALLY wanted to ditch them any chance he got, so he never took the helmet off. (He was also FLEEING other Mandalorians. Some sort of weird "catch the deserter" honor game/role in society).

But some of those other Mandalorians would derp around their base without helmets just fine.

Then there's the clone war era mandos, where even death watch would have their helmets off (their commander did it every chance he got, even in COMBAT).

Sabine shows her face all the time, same as Bo.

Last edited:
This is off topic but I watched “The Prisoner” today and I really hate Bill Burr’s character, he feels so out of place to me. To a broader point I think that most of the comedian cameos on the show were some of the worst parts.

I think my issue is with the ones they didn’t cover up, Peli Motto, Mayfeld, Brian Pohsen’s character, all just struck me as blatant cameos and not well integrated characters. Sudeikis, Waititi, and Ayoade were all fine for me because I couldn’t see their super recognizable faces. Burr though has specific lines that feel a little fourth wall-ish, the Stormtrooper quip and Gungan impression specifically.

I think my issue is with the ones they didn’t cover up, Peli Motto, Mayfeld, Brian Pohsen’s character, all just struck me as blatant cameos and not well integrated characters. Sudeikis, Waititi, and Ayoade were all fine for me because I couldn’t see their super recognizable faces. Burr though has specific lines that feel a little fourth wall-ish, the Stormtrooper quip and Gungan impression specifically.
Amy Sedaris' Peli Motto was fantastic. When she starts picking little bits of fluff off The Child we were rolling!

I liked Mayfeld. He was comical, cocky and an all around ass. He also is one of those people who is not really in touch with reality and is a touch psychotic, which makes him dangerous and unpredictable.

We touched on it a long time ago, but I’m reading Alphabet Squadron and it have context to Mayfeld’s “nice shoes” comment to the New Republic guard on the prison ship. There’s a line where a defector is watching former Imps come in to processing and she notices their shoes

“She identified the ex-stormtroopers by their boots—too sturdy and well fitted to abandon, their white synth-leather caked in grime and turned the yellow of a bad tooth.”

Not a sure thing but I thought it was kind of interesting

We touched on it a long time ago, but I’m reading Alphabet Squadron and it have context to Mayfeld’s “nice shoes” comment to the New Republic guard on the prison ship. There’s a line where a defector is watching former Imps come in to processing and she notices their shoes

“She identified the ex-stormtroopers by their boots—too sturdy and well fitted to abandon, their white synth-leather caked in grime and turned the yellow of a bad tooth.”

Yea, I don't know exactly how it's meant to be taken in that episode, but in the gallery episode, they mention that that character is fitted out with a bunch of ex imperial gear, like his belt and boots/shoes. the idea being that at the very elast, the republic couldn't afford to just throw out an entire government's worth of uniforms and gear. they had to reissue.

I wonder if they took that idea from the deleted sene of TFA?

Season 3 leak? (Not really)
3FE250F9-509E-4AEB-A700-2FF98F34E513.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back