The Mandalorian (TV series)

So hasbro is doing a vintage collection scale Razorcrest that actually looks close to the same size if not bigger than that studio model!

So hasbro is doing a vintage collection scale Razorcrest that actually looks close to the same size if not bigger than that studio model!

yes, it’s a haslab project.

If this campaign is successfully backed, the offering will include:

Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Razor Crest vehicle
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch The Mandalorian Figure in Beskar armor with a one-of-a-kind soft goods cape

This crowdfund project will run from September 25th, 2020 to 11:59pm ET on November 9th, 2020. If successful, the project will begin shipping around Fall 2021.

Why does a multimillion dollar toy company need a crowd sourcing campaign to back a new project? I would have loved to get one of their Sail Barge's but I'm not too keen on the business model for Hasbro Pulse.

So that they don't make an expensive toy that ends up sitting on the clearance shelves. This way they know if people are serious enough to buy it and how many to make.

So that they don't make an expensive toy that ends up sitting on the clearance shelves. This way they know if people are serious enough to buy it and how many to make.

You gotta figure they'd sell it in stores for maybe $75. Of which, maybe they get $20 in the end. Crowdsource it and everyone who wants one, gets one, and hasbro takes 100% of the purchase price. So maybe they only sell 6,000 that way, but 20 vs 350? Are they going to sell over 100k nationwide at 75 bucks or so?

The other thing to is that you get the buyer to commit. I've seen the discussion boards and polls of fans asking for new products. They make all this wishes about obscure character and that they would buy the large sets, and then when Hasbro does, they sit on the self. Then they wonder why Hasbro doesn't listen to them.

They did a great job on the Jabba sail barge. I think this will be a hit.

This was really cool. Anyone know anything about that aluminum method shown? Is is just aluminum tape or would you use a spray backing and thinner aluminum?

Just aluminum tape, for ducting. The trick is to have a very clean smooth model and burnish the aluminum down really well. Also, you want to hide the tape seams in corners or along scribe lines.

My Art Book shipped today. supposed to show up tomorrow for release day. If ya'll have one ordered and didn't get any notification, check up on it.

The freaky thing about that Razor Crest video was that they never actually made a physical model. Everything shown in that video was CGI. They're really getting good at it.

There is a physical razor crest model with lights in the engines that they used for space shots. It's in the Disney+ behind the scenes stuff.

It's in the practical effects episode (#5). they show people building it, and it being used to get the light reflection for the skin and the different engines effects.

He's trolling you man, lol.

But seriously, it really is hard to tell what shots are cg and what are models in the show. Hopefully someday we get a breakdown of which are which.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back