The Mandalorian (TV series)

Ahsoka was my kid's first Star Wars costume, I thought she'd be jazzed about this news but she's not digging it. Animation rarely translates to live action well, as much as I enjoyed the character in early Clone Wars, I'm pretty skeptical about bringing her into Mando.

does anybody if there is going to be a art prop book, like those SW Visual Dictionary books?

This show over loads my mind of so much great works, from the poor Salacious Crumbs being caged and used for food (which made me sad) to the crazy Astromech droid with arms and legs

does anybody if there is going to be a art prop book, like those SW Visual Dictionary books?

This show over loads my mind of so much great works, from the poor Salacious Crumbs being caged and used for food (which made me sad) to the crazy Astromech droid with arms and legs
Screenshot_20200319-113347.png

Trade mags like Variety don't typically report rumors. They can't afford to alienate studios and actors doing that.

I getcha, but for me, until the studio themselves announce it, its still just a rumor. Even though Rosario and LFL have not denied anything, its not official until the powers that be officially announce it. It could still be in negotiations and talks could break down.

I getcha, but for me, until the studio themselves announce it, its still just a rumor. Even though Rosario and LFL have not denied anything, its not official until the powers that be officially announce it. It could still be in negotiations and talks could break down.
Only thing about that, the season has wrapped filming. Either she's in the show, or she's not.

My only/biggest concern with Ahsoka being in Mandalorian more "shrinking the universe" and where the plot may go with that.

Also, now that his name has been put out there, I hope the other characters call him that instead of "Mando".

My only/biggest concern with Ahsoka being in Mandalorian more "shrinking the universe" and where the plot may go with that.

As has been kinda said upthread, Gideon has the Darksaber. There has been a "Purge" of the Mandalorians of some kind. Last time we saw Mandalore shortly before ANH, Sabine was giving the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, who had also taken Death Watch (who rescued Din during the Clone Wars) back from Maul and his brother. When we last saw Sabine, it was shortly after ROTJ and she was waiting for Ahsoka to meet her on Lothal. She did not seem upset about anything back home, and was serenely looking forward to going out to look for Ezra.

Since Dave Filoni is was heavily involved in the background and development of both shows, I'm going to assume all that interconnection isn't accidental. My takeaway is that whatever the purge is, it happened after ROTJ, two or three or four years before The Mandalorian starts. They're ensconced under that town, yes, but for how long? Why is Din the only one who seems to be going out to get work? Have they only been there a few months? Less?

So as soon as the Darksaber appeared, I had a feeling Bo-Katan, Sabine, and/or Ahsoka might come into play. I can live with the recasting of Ahsoka because it's Rosario and she's awesome. But I really hope, if either of the other two show up, they use Katee Sackhoff or Tiya Sircar, respectively.

Also, now that his name has been put out there, I hope the other characters call him that instead of "Mando".
Well, I mean, the people who call him that are outsiders. Cara and Greef aren't sticking with him. The Armorer is the only known survivor of the Redoubt, and Din left her behind. Bas'lan shev'la -- tactical disappearance. I expect him to continue being about as forthcoming with his name unless and until he meets some more Mandos.

I personally have no problem with an Ashoka cameo played by Rosario Dawson(rumored or not..She's perfect) But i would really like, because of The Child and what the Armorer said about him, to see a young Luke Skywalker appearance crossing paths with him at some point. I do agree with the concerns about having too many distractions from the Mandolorian himself because i really like him and his story. It's a difficult balance but The Child has already tipped the balance towards himself anyways. Can't wait.

I personally have no problem with an Ashoka cameo played by Rosario Dawson(rumored or not..She's perfect) But i would really like, because of The Child and what the Armorer said about him, to see a young Luke Skywalker appearance crossing paths with him at some point. I do agree with the concerns about having too many distractions from the Mandolorian himself because i really like him and his story. It's a difficult balance but The Child has already tipped the balance towards himself anyways. Can't wait.
Young like around 30?

As has been kinda said upthread, Gideon has the Darksaber. There has been a "Purge" of the Mandalorians of some kind. Last time we saw Mandalore shortly before ANH, Sabine was giving the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, who had also taken Death Watch (who rescued Din during the Clone Wars) back from Maul and his brother. When we last saw Sabine, it was shortly after ROTJ and she was waiting for Ahsoka to meet her on Lothal. She did not seem upset about anything back home, and was serenely looking forward to going out to look for Ezra.

Since Dave Filoni is was heavily involved in the background and development of both shows, I'm going to assume all that interconnection isn't accidental. My takeaway is that whatever the purge is, it happened after ROTJ, two or three or four years before The Mandalorian starts. They're ensconced under that town, yes, but for how long? Why is Din the only one who seems to be going out to get work? Have they only been there a few months? Less?

So as soon as the Darksaber appeared, I had a feeling Bo-Katan, Sabine, and/or Ahsoka might come into play. I can live with the recasting of Ahsoka because it's Rosario and she's awesome. But I really hope, if either of the other two show up, they use Katee Sackhoff or Tiya Sircar, respectively.

Well, I mean, the people who call him that are outsiders. Cara and Greef aren't sticking with him. The Armorer is the only known survivor of the Redoubt, and Din left her behind. Bas'lan shev'la -- tactical disappearance. I expect him to continue being about as forthcoming with his name unless and until he meets some more Mandos.

I haven't finished Rebels but I can see how Sabine would come into play because of the Darksaber. I don't care who plays Ahsoka, I like Rosario Dawson too and I'm fine with that. I do get why people would think Ashley Eckstien should play her in real life as well, but I don't have a dog in that fight.

I should have clarified that those who KNOW him should call him Din and not Mando ;). Obviously, if they don't know him they wouldn't know his name lol.

I don't Twitter, but if anyone wants to check, I saw an article saying Filoni has changed his banner to a concept image of Ahsoka, post-REBELS, but the interesting thing is she's with Rex. It could make sense that they'd be traveling together.

There's NO CONFIRMATION That this this would be Mandalorian related, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'm sure some won't be happy to hear that Rex could be appearing, but I think it'd be great to see a bald Temurra Morrison rocking a white beard.

EDIT: I found the pic. Let's please just overlook my social media ignorance...

Screenshot_20200330-072253.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back