The Mandalorian (TV series)

For those interested, the EFAP crew just covered episodes 1-5

I still really enjoy the show but it would be nice for some of the very real issues they raise to be corrected for S2. Fully agree with them about the fobs taking a lot away from the whole Bounty Hunting profession from a skills aspect

Edit: (Coverage of The Mandalorian is from 50min -7hr 30min )

Last edited:
Oof, 10 hours. Kudos to anyone who makes it thru all of that.

I think I need to rewatch the whole series a few more times, before I’m really interested in hearing other people’s assessments or breakdowns of the show. But I’m guessing over the course of that much time there’s some issues people could come up with. As it stands I’m liking the show more than the sequels, but not quite as much as Rogue One.

Oof, 10 hours. Kudos to anyone who makes it thru all of that.

I think I need to rewatch the whole series a few more times, before I’m really interested in hearing other people’s assessments or breakdowns of the show. But I’m guessing over the course of that much time there’s some issues people could come up with. As it stands I’m liking the show more than the sequels, but not quite as much as Rogue One.
The actual coverage of the show is from 50min-7hr’s 30min. Which honestly is pretty quick for them discussing most of the season. I usually listen to it at work or while building stuff and chip away at it over a couple days. Its a long podcast for sure but it doesn’t require any real watching usually. And I just find it very interesting to examine to me to examine the writing issues so as to hopefully point them out to the writers of the show and help improve it. Hardly ever notice the length of their episodes tbh, but then again I'm usually keeping my hands busy while listening

Edit: For instance, I hadn’t realized that when Mando is attacked by the Blurrg or whatever the hell its called, hes holding his cattle prod capable gun but drops it for no reason other than to use the flamethrower, while also then after ignoring his sidearm on his leg because the episode needs him to be saved
That is just glaringly broken imo and I have to agree with them. These sort of things are the type Id like to see corrected in S2

Last edited:
Watched it with my wife, we both enjoyed it. Feels like Star Wars what can I say. I had to have it vetted though first through a trusted person, that it was only backwards compatible and no ST stuff planted. I didn't pick up on anything. I'll have to do the same thing for season II or I'll punch out. I've nothing new to bring to the table really. As others have said. It is basically spaghetti western Clint Eastwood in space. A little bit of the old Wanted Dead or Alive TV show. And as others mentioned the Lone Wolf and Cub aspect. Even the music theme echoes of Sergio Leone films. As for The Child, no Force theme when he? are we sure it's a he? uses his powers. I thought that interesting. I guess droid rights improved? since one is now the bartender where they could not go before. Though attendance there was clearly way down, or simply an off hour. I saw no drivers in the AT ST, we sure one of those grunty guys was inside?

Watched it with my wife, we both enjoyed it. Feels like Star Wars what can I say. I had to have it vetted though first through a trusted person, that it was only backwards compatible and no ST stuff planted. I didn't pick up on anything. I'll have to do the same thing for season II or I'll punch out. I've nothing new to bring to the table really. As others have said. It is basically spaghetti western Clint Eastwood in space. A little bit of the old Wanted Dead or Alive TV show. And as others mentioned the Lone Wolf and Cub aspect. Even the music theme echoes of Sergio Leone films. As for The Child, no Force theme when he? are we sure it's a he? uses his powers. I thought that interesting. I guess droid rights improved? since one is now the bartender where they could not go before. Though attendance there was clearly way down, or simply an off hour. I saw no drivers in the AT ST, we sure one of those grunty guys was inside?

The doctor refers to the Child as 'He' when Mando comes to rescue him.

The actual coverage of the show is from 50min-7hr’s 30min. Which honestly is pretty quick for them discussing most of the season. I usually listen to it at work or while building stuff and chip away at it over a couple days. Its a long podcast for sure but it doesn’t require any real watching usually. And I just find it very interesting to examine to me to examine the writing issues so as to hopefully point them out to the writers of the show and help improve it. Hardly ever notice the length of their episodes tbh, but then again I'm usually keeping my hands busy while listening

Edit: For instance, I hadn’t realized that when Mando is attacked by the Blurrg or whatever the hell its called, hes holding his cattle prod capable gun but drops it for no reason other than to use the flamethrower, while also then after ignoring his sidearm on his leg because the episode needs him to be saved
That its just glaringly broken imo and I have to agree with them. These sort of things are the type Id like to see corrected in S2

But little "conveniences" happen very often in films. They are often just so quick that no thinks twice about it. For instance I was just watching The Winter Soldier the other day. And the thought occured to me that he only carries on mag for his Skorpion. So that way he and Cap HAVE to get into a knife fight. Or another one I thought of while was working the other day. It's a good thing Luke Skywalker got the Stormtrooper belt that had the grappling hook :lol:

But little "conveniences" happen very often in films. They are often just so quick that no thinks twice about it. For instance I was just watching The Winter Soldier the other day. And the thought occured to me that he only carries on mag for his Skorpion. So that way he and Cap HAVE to get into a knife fight. Or another one I thought of while was working the other day. It's a good thing Luke Skywalker got the Stormtrooper belt that had the grappling hook :lol:
Exactly. Are we really at the point where nitpicking something to death is valid criticism? I dare say you wouldn't be able to find a single movie without some continuity issue, or plot convenience. By all means, let's dissect and discuss these films we love so much, but that really comes off to me as reaching.

I think I've realized that the secret to YouTube success is finding something, ANYTHING, a niche group of people are passionate about, and hyperbolically complaining about it. Jeez Louise.

Last edited:
Exactly. Are we really at the point where nitpicking something to death is valid criticism? I dare say you wouldn't be able to find a single movie without some continuity issue, or plot convenience. By all means, let's dissect and discuss these films we love so much, but that really comes off to me as reaching.

I think I've realized that the secret to YouTube success is finding something, ANYTHING, a niche group of people are passionate about, and hyperbolically complaining about it. Jeez Louise.

You've literally described the channel called Everything Wrong with X in X minutes. In order to find the number of things wrong in the time listed the guy nitpicks the film to death. Most of the time his things "wrong" with the movie aren't really anything wrong, just nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.

I just thought of a question I thought could spark some discussion while we wait for something new to talk about...

Given the quality of the show, this question is asked with the assumption that the story would fit & not feel like a gimmick, so here goes...

If an episode, or even a multi-episode arc of next season was filmed entirely on location in Galaxy's Edge, taking place at the Blackspire Outpost, would you consider it a cheap cash-grabbing advertisement, or would you appreciate the fact that you have the ability to visit an entire screen-used set?

... for the record...

I'd freaking LOVE it.

I just thought of a question I thought could spark some discussion while we wait for something new to talk about...

Given the quality of the show, this question is asked with the assumption that the story would fit & not feel like a gimmick, so here goes...

If an episode, or even a multi-episode arc of next season was filmed entirely on location in Galaxy's Edge, taking place at the Blackspire Outpost, would you consider it a cheap cash-grabbing advertisement, or would you appreciate the fact that you have the ability to visit an entire screen-used set?

... for the record...

I'd freaking LOVE it.

I mean why not? If they are going to go to Mos Eisley. I think it would be a fun place to have some episodes. So I'm all for it.

So while I do agree little “conveniences” can indeed be ignored so long as they are in fact little, I unfortunately think it doesn’t apply very well here given how Mando is presented to us as the audience. At what point does it become to much and start to break the world, or Mando’s character itself?
I loved Episodes 1, 2, most of 3, as well as 7 & 8. But on subsequent viewings I can start to see they are chock full of problems, especially for Mando himself
Mando is presented to us as a Mandalorian which canonically throughout StarWars have largely been presented as elite warriors. Some of the best in the galaxy in fact. Then you couple that with Mando being an established Bounty Hunter, a incredibly dangerous trade that requires wits, skills, and know how in order to be successful in, let alone gain a reputation in. (Granted that Mandos only the most famous BH in the “parsect” which is actually a pretty small area, but whatever)

So, given that, why does Mando make so many illogical decisions that could easily get him killed?

Decisions like walking up on IG-88 without warming only to luckily get shot in the armor.
Not using thermal or night vision rather than the flashlight in the Mudhorn cave despite the former being repeatedly used later on
Forgetting his own weapons capabilities
Not using his ship to kill the At-ST
Flagrantly exposing himself to enemy fire only to luckily only be shot in the armor over and over

These might seem like small nitpicks to some of you, but Mando really is supposed to be one of the best BH’s around as he’s presented in the show. So given that context, his decisions dont make sense to the character and are rather those one would expect of an upstart. Were he presented as being fairly new to the Bounty Hunting profession then maybe I could understand, but a lot of it unfortunately is starting to break the character foe me because his repeated poor decisions are ones that could easily get him or his companions killed and yet theu just keep happening more and more frequently for no real reason
Its just really strange to me.
Again I still really like the show. Its still infinitely better than the joke that is the ST, buddy t it still has some serious problems going on that will definitely need to be addressed in subsequent seasons if its to last

Last edited:
I think it would cheapen it but I’m an ST hater and biased so full disclosure. I think though how I saw universal studio tours attractions on TV shows in the seventies and it’s not a good idea. You see the attraction and it takes you out of the moment.

One last thought, I did like how some episodes could stand alone, you could watch a few out of order and it’s not a big deal. I am of the mindset that huge story arcs can get out of control and ruin just watching an episode with a start, middle and finish.

I think it would cheapen it but I’m an ST hater and biased so full disclosure. I think though how I saw universal studio tours attractions on TV shows in the seventies and it’s not a good idea. You see the attraction and it takes you out of the moment.
I'd think that if Disney were to actually shoot at Galaxy's Edge they'd take care not show any of the ride entrances or anything too recognizable as a part of GE like the First Order shuttle and the X-Wing. But they'd probably show just enough so that the sharp eyed viewer would pick up on a few things here and there that would tell them this was Galaxy's Edge.

You've literally described the channel called Everything Wrong with X in X minutes. In order to find the number of things wrong in the time listed the guy nitpicks the film to death. Most of the time his things "wrong" with the movie aren't really anything wrong, just nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.
Yeah I wrote that channel off after just two or three videos a long time ago. For one thing, the rapid delivery is irritating. But mainly it's like you said---one "wrong" thing pointed out was the presence of exposition. Not poorly executed exposition, the exposition itself. Uh, that's kind of an essential part of storytelling, but okay, I guess it's gonna be a wrong thing in every single video, then?!

It would blow out the shooting budget if they had to account for lost guest revenue. Closing down a land is a huge deal.
I was thinking more night shoots, but with the way they're filming the show, with the projected backgrounds on a closed set, they probably could get everything for reference before the park opens.

I've not been able to talk the family into a trip yet, cause my grandson turns 2 on Saturday, & they all want to wait a bit so he can enjoy everything more, so I'm not sure of all the shops/restaurants & things like that. My original idea would be that the characters would visit a cantina, shop, or eating place that actually exists in the park, with the thought that, "Hey, the Mando was in Doc Ondar's looking for X, & now I'm standing in the same spot!", making the characters in the park onscreen characters in the show. Not just using the park as random Star Wars-y background.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back