The Mandalorian (TV series)

I only recently purchased a Roku myself. I have also been wondering how exactly I get the Disney+ to it. Do I go to a Disney site, pay for it and it will just appear on my Roku screen? Or do I buy it through Roku or what? This is really my first venture into wifi streaming. I've always just had Netflix through my Tivo device.

Generally the way roku has worked for things I've had subscriptions to in the past, is you get the subscription separate from roku, then download the app through roku, and log into your account; sometimes by entering your email and password you made for your streaming service, but more often, by syncing up using a one time code, where the app gives you a 4-6 digit code, that you use by logging into the streaming service on your PC or smart phone via the internet, then entering the code.

some streaming devices let you buy the same subscription "through" the device, but that's rarer, and it often times just makes you go follow the same steps as above.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny that we see the Mandalorian encasing all his catches in carbonite, a practice that Lando seemed to imply hadnt been done before. Curious if he'll mention getting the idea from hearing about it being done on Bespin or from another bounty hunter.

It's kind of funny that we see the Mandalorian encasing all his catches in carbonite, a practice that Lando seemed to imply hadnt been done before. Curious if he'll mention getting the idea from hearing about it being done on Bespin or from another bounty hunter.

This comment came up before,....I think the general consensus is its cool to see the process used after Han being encased,...Han was infamous/famous,....as was Jabba & Boba,....this became one of the methods used for delivering bounty

What folks DID have problems with was the method being used BEFORE it became established in ESB,....like in the Clone Wars cartoon

J

eh, when it was written at the time, it was probably meant to be the "first" time. but the lines are written in a way that they can also be interpreted to mean the facilities on cloud city just sucked, and they needed to test it to see if it would work safely, as opposed to a better system they wouldn't have had to test.

that combined with how many times it gets referenced in one way or another in games, comics, and books set long before empire, and it doesn't bug a ton of folks these days.

Last edited:
his comment came up before,....I think the general consensus is its cool to see the process used after Han being encased,...Han was infamous/famous,....as was Jabba & Boba,....this became one of the methods used for delivering bounty

What folks DID have problems with was the method being used BEFORE it became established in ESB,....like in the Clone Wars cartoon
Lando didn't imply it had never been done before -- just that doing it there could kill Han. Vader said the facility was crude, but should be adequate. Sort of implies that he knows of the procedure, and not that he just made it up on the spot...

Lando didn't imply it had never been done before -- just that doing it there could kill Han. Vader said the facility was crude, but should be adequate. Sort of implies that he knows of the procedure, and not that he just made it up on the spot...

Right. It's like using a home made vacuum sealer vs. a store bought version. :D

C933A2A1-7E07-4E4D-A63B-4C318C76E64F.jpeg

Ah, very cool. I just recently got my main TV hooked up to be easily used as a monitor for my PC, so I wasn't sweating it too much. but I can guarantee I'll enjoy using the service through the fire stick a lot more.

It looks like a new Special Look. Feel free to let me know if this has been posted already.

I don't know if anyone can still have doubts after that! I'm highly tempted to sub to Disney+ just for The Mando. It doesn't launch here until the 19th of Nov :(

Here's where the subject came up, about 5 pages ago,...

I agree with NeoRutty when he said:
My point with carbonite is that everything post original trilogy acts like everything that happened in the originals, every line, has deep rooted history or sets up future events...

Obi grabs a training remote from the falcon and a blast shield, and now it’s part of every Jedi training.

Yoda says Luke is too old, so now Jedis are trained in the crib

Vader wants to trick Luke into landos freezer, lando thinks it will kill him. Vader wants to test it on Han...

Now it’s the way it’s always been done.

Saying “oh it’s always been that way!” takes away from the coolness of dealing rebels on the fly.

I don’t care if they worked it out in cartoons. It kills the craziness that Vader was just straight up using what’s on hand.

I assume in a future movie they’ll reveal Taun-tauns are bred to be made into sleeping bags... there’s a whole underworld of taun-taun fur dealers.

J

That episode was awesome. Though I seem to be having some streaming problems that I dont get with Netflix. Slowdowns, screen freezes, etc. Right now Im chalking it up to heavy traffic but I hope it doesnt continue.

Just got done watching. GREAT show. I had no streaming issues. Can't wait for episode two. Plus, did I mess something, I heard there was a big reveal about something in the episode the had direct effect to the movies??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back