The Mandalorian (TV series)

IMHO, when it comes to Mara Jade, the SWU needs to take a page from the Marvel Movie Universe and redefine the character to fit into the current setting. I think they should replace the Luke with Ezra and carry out a similar path. Her story could play out in the Ahsoka series with Thrawn.

IMHO, when it comes to Mara Jade, the SWU needs to take a page from the Marvel Movie Universe and redefine the character to fit into the current setting. I think they should replace the Luke with Ezra and carry out a similar path. Her story could play out in the Ahsoka series with Thrawn.
If what's been said in the video that I watched Mara is going from Vader's (or was it the Emperor's) Hand to Thrawn's.

It would be a little retcon-y seeing as she was never around during Rebels, but I could buy that change, especially if it creates conflict once she learns that Ezra and Thrawn have become allies due to their circumstances. I realize that last point isn’t confirmed in any way, but I feel like any other path (mustache twirling evil Thrawn) would be boring. I want everyone to be shocked seeing them work together, and have it frame the seriousness of the impending threat of an enemy like the Gryssk.

It would be a little retcon-y seeing as she was never around during Rebels, but I could buy that change, especially if it creates conflict once she learns that Ezra and Thrawn have become allies due to their circumstances. I realize that last point isn’t confirmed in any way, but I feel like any other path (mustache twirling evil Thrawn) would be boring. I want everyone to be shocked seeing them work together, and have it frame the seriousness of the impending threat of an enemy like the Gryssk.

True, but Mara was not seen in Return of the Jedi but her legend story establishes her as being there so retcon is not unusual. Also remember that Rebels brought the term Emperor’s Hand back to canon so while Mara herself was not present, we know a fellow Hand was.

That hand died 2 years prior to the Battle of Yavin. She may have been a Hand at that time or possibly his replacement.

The fact that she wasn't around during Rebels just means that she's super good at her job. She's not supposed to be seen. Well, I should say she's not supposed to leave anyone alive to ID her. I'd even be okay if we got an alternate Mara where she stays with the Empire. They could still follow a similar story line up to her not having a relationship with Luke.

Especially relevant to the Heir to the Empire thread, I'd be fine if Mara Jade popped up in a re-imagined way, which seems to be what the Disney era is doing anyway. I think we very well may be seeing an "alternate", bizarro-world Heir to the Empire shaping up.

397D74A3-E856-4FE7-A3B4-0A9A285EBC77.jpeg

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Christopher Lloyd come into this show -- unless it is Christopher Lloyd coming into this show to play a Jedi who behaves almost exactly like Doc Brown!

One of my favorite actors ever! I'm giddy after hearing this casting news!

SSB

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Christopher Lloyd come into this show -- unless it is Christopher Lloyd coming into this show to play a Jedi who behaves almost exactly like Doc Brown!

One of my favorite actors ever! I'm giddy after hearing this casting news!

SSB
It's really funny to me because this news came out just a day or two after I made a joke to my brother about imagining Lloyd playing Obi-Wan in ANH rather than Alec Guinness (never mind he'd have been way too young at the time), giving his relationship with Luke more of a Doc and Marty vibe.

SSB

Lucasfilm would most likely ruin Mara Jade as she doesn't really fit into established continuity as well as the fact that their track record with this type of thing is not exactly stellar. Her relationship and marriage with Luke were massive parts of who she was. Why bother making a character with her name and a similar look who is a completely different person lol? I don't understand actively asking for/wanting fan service characters especially those that most likely would turn out to be nothing like they were originally written. Oh maybe this time they'll get it right...yep. Sure they will lol.

Last edited:
She had along history before she met Luke. It would be easy to just write her as an Imperial agent. She was already popular based on that before she was with Luke. I'd actually say she was more interesting before she met Luke. If they want a strong female character, I'd much rather see her running around saving everyone than a badly written character like Rey!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back