The Mandalorian (TV series)

It sort of reminds me of the old Bounty Hunter video game for PS2. Jango is flying an old hunk of junk not too dissimilar to the Razor Crest, breaks into a prison, his ship is destroyed, and he makes off with one of the prison vehicles, which happens to be a Firespray.

Both Clone Wars and Rebels could be hit and miss at times but when they were firing on both cylinders they had some of the greatest Star Wars storytelling out there. I think where Rebels was let down was the quality of the animation. I love that they went all in with the Mcquarrie style but it was obvious Disney had a budget for the visuals that was nowhere near what Clone Wars had and it showed. If Rebels had the same resources behind it that Clone Wars did I think it would be a much higher regarded show.

Also, why did Fett wait to try and take back his armor from Mando rather than the arguably less capable Vanth? Like, he couldn’t have just done the same standoff against Vanth like years ago that he tried with Din? Or even just explained himself, like he did at the end of the episode? Or I guess the first episode this season is implying that he just barely got there when Mando took off with his stuff.
It would seem Boba was saved by the Jawas and the armor was perhaps payment for saving his life. Vanth technically owned the armor honestly through similar means, but once Mando had it, the opportunity was provided to Boba to then earn it back again via offering to be a bodyguard for Mando.
Why this took 3 years though idk but that seems to be what they’re doing

ill hate it if they either kill Boba off later after officially bringing him back or if he gives away Slave 1... Boba seems far too sentimental about them being the only thing he has left from his father. If they’re smart they’ll have Boba drop some knowledge on Mando before an eventual parting of ways that leaves plenty of mystery left for Bobas character to go on

Last edited:
Love me some Slave 1 and Boba Fett. Fan DEMAND WANT NOW in those toys just skyrocketed prior to Christmas.

Razorcrest is ashes....sales just plummeted.

I’ve been hearing this from several other fans. Odd, because Robert Rodriguez directed this episode. Maybe the production team was tight on time when they were adding in the after effects. Maybe Rodriguez was overly absorbed in finishing up his Netflix movie with Pedro and couldn’t devote enough time to the Mandalorian. It also looks like they could have shot this episode anywhere in Southern California, Nevada or Arizona, and not some exotic location.

Serious fanfilm-quality levels in this last one.

Which club are you referring to? The Tusken gaffi stick that resembles the instrument the dentist uses to scrape plaque off our teeth?

E1E7B359-664C-42BB-B75D-C7F987A53D2E.jpeg

4C87DE29-C025-465A-9C2B-9537ACED2802.jpeg

I especially liked seeing Mr Morrison welding what was essentially a war club. I saw it as a tribute to his Maori heritage.

...& Yes!

I absolutely HAVE to get one now. :lol:

I’ve been hearing this from several other fans. Odd, because Robert Rodriguez directed this episode. Maybe the production team was tight on time when they were adding in the after effects. Maybe Rodriguez was overly absorbed in finishing up his Netflix movie with Pedro and couldn’t devote enough time to the Mandalorian. It also looks like they could have shot this episode anywhere in Southern California, Nevada or Arizona, and not some exotic location.
I think that’s the issue, the location. Because a lot of the cinematography with things like the henge, the Dark Troopers approaching, Slave 1 pursuing them, is good. Everything with Fennec and Boba on the ground fighting the troopers felt like the myriad fan films shot in Southern California at places like Vasquez Canyon. I’ve made the Power Rangers comparison before and this episode definitely had that low budget feel for the smaller action scenes.

It sort of reminds me of the old Bounty Hunter video game for PS2. Jango is flying an old hunk of junk not too dissimilar to the Razor Crest, breaks into a prison, his ship is destroyed, and he makes off with one of the prison vehicles, which happens to be a Firespray.
Was literally playing that mission this morning!

Which club are you referring to? The Tusken gaffi stick that resembles the instrument the dentist uses to scrape plaque off our teeth?

View attachment 1375043

View attachment 1375042
Yeah... They were made from Fijian totokia war clubs with some added hardware in ANH.

The Maori also used traditional war clubs in battle, & today for ceremonial purposes. The Maori clubs are flatter with more of a blade-like shape.

Do you have a recommended one?

Kind of depends what you want. the main one I've seen that's useful is the "mandalorian" watch list; which at the time I looked at it, really only had clone wars stuff on it. It's likely grown some more to.

There's probably also others that just focus around hitting the big points in asoka's story. She's utterly pervasive in clone wars and rebels, so unless you also want to see every episode where she helps the bunny people defeat the droids through the power of friendship, or teaches ezra about the importance of dental hygene, you'll want a list.

Throw what you want to learn about into google, and see what the different lists describe themselves as for.

That said, my recommendation, would be to skip almost all of it, and just watch the 4 episode "mini series" at the end of the clone wars series. It covers death watch (the mandos that become Din's people), bo katan, dark saber and its importance, asoka, clones, mandalor, Maul, and order 66. The voice acting is a bit better than the rest of the series, asoka is no longer a little kid, and the animation is honestly a touch better; and there's no bunny people, it's a straight up story where there don't need to be happy endings, and everything does NOT need to return to the status quo by the end of each episode, so the next episode can start happy, because there is no next episode.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back