The Mandalorian (TV series)

I remember years ago I either watched a video or read an article that Stormtrooper armor isn't made to deflect blaster bolts or reflect laser shots. It isn't made of Durasteel or Beskar. It's designed to absorb and disperse the blaster shot energy and (hopefully) not kill the Stormtrooper.

It's like getting shot with a 357 wearing a kevlar bulletproof vest with an armor plate tucked inside. Kill you? No. Do you want to get back up after you've been shot? No, especially if that shot makes you feel like you just got wacked in the chest with a baseball bat that didn't break any of your bones.

Stormtroopers may be knocked out cold from the shot, or smart enough to stay down until they don't hear any more blaster shots, but what (non-cannon) stuff I've seen their armor works as designed. Cheap, easy to make, and gives a 50/50 chances of survival if you're hit.

In TFA at the beginning when Poe and BB8 are on the run and the First Order lands and starts blasting and the townsfolk on the planet start shooting back as the Stormtroopers I always wished when Poe was getting his military grade blaster he had said something like "I know BB8 I know! Those civilian blasters aren't going to do anything against their armor!" or something like that, letting us (the audience) know that Stormtrooper armor is mostly effective against 'regular' weapons but military blaster are more powerful and do more damage.
I think that kind of makes it a little worse if, every time we’ve seen a stormtrooper get shot, they actually aren’t dead, just winded. Reminds me of the whole reason I couldn’t keep going with Rebels, because in the first season finale, they said “we haven’t killed anyone yet”. In a show called Star Wars. If it weren’t for the insane incompetence demonstrated in ROTJ, stormtroopers wouldn’t be the butt of jokes today, because as has been discussed before, the many reasons going into their failures in ANH and ESB make sense. After that they just get goofy, like this episode with the exaggerated gesturing and calling each other idiots and falling prey to their greatest weakness—another guy holding a stick.

Also, why did Fett wait to try and take back his armor from Mando rather than the arguably less capable Vanth? Like, he couldn’t have just done the same standoff against Vanth like years ago that he tried with Din? Or even just explained himself, like he did at the end of the episode? Or I guess the first episode this season is implying that he just barely got there when Mando took off with his stuff.

They literally showed one of the mechanics who worked on the 'Crest reporting to the young comms officer.
I forgot about that. While I enjoy the show, there are huge chunks I have a hard time retaining because I'm not 100% invested. Thus why I say I like it but don't love it.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but man I think you got taken. That's a lot of dough. But who am I to judge? I spend a lot of money on pieces that some might consider to be way overpriced too. :lol:

First judge away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I recently stated our unwillingness to judge and say, "hey that is just dumb" is why our society is the way it is.

I can claim I am Han Solo. That don't get me a harry co-pilot and the Millenium Falcon.

I can't believe what any of us spend on what is essentially colored plastic and fiberglass, etc.

I have paid many a time more than I felt I should for something but that's how bad I wanted it.

I honestly felt the new Big Falcon was a gift when it came out at $150. I bought 4

I wish I had enough to buy two Sail Barges but I am thrilled I got one. Again I thought the price was great.

I look at the Razor Crest and I think it's a steal at the price. Got two.

But honestly I look at what people pay for some stuff and it's like,....what you been smokin?

I also look at my own man cave full of props, models, and toys and think,...wow that is a lot of crap. If I add it all up I am afraid.

On the Razor Crest destroyed note I love that they had the guts to do it. I am as big a Falcon freak as they come and it should have been destroyed a long time ago.

I am torn. Do I want them to have him get another Razor Crest,...or something new I can buy?

Remember always,..I am Star Wars' bitch and I know it.

Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fett is back and kicking some serious bootea despite being almost twice the age he should be. Looks like he may need to do a few sit ups as well. Life in a Sarlacc ages you.

On the Mando getting blasted thing he needs to get wounded when he is getting hit by a hail of balster fire. It would make it more believable and risky thus the audience is more invested. The armor doesn't cover everything obviously so an occasional shot will get through.

Just my $1.67 worth. My opinion is worth way more than 2 cents :love:

Seeing what it can do is really, really cool! That's part of my fascination with certain objects/ props/ tools is seeing their full capability makes me want to own one and learn to use it.

It's where my obsession with swords and Anthony DeLongis (and Indiana Jones) with bullwhips comes into play for me.

Don’t agree with everything here but definitely a lot of good stuff in this article.

The title alone is true. Never watched any of the cartoons. My daughter and son now want to watch all of them so we will start with the Clone Wars and go through Rebels.

I’m pretty sure the destruction of the Razor Crest is going to be a USS Enterprise situation eventually anyways. At some point after the baddies are dealt with Kirk and Spock will round a corner and see Razor Crest 1701-A

Of course I could be totally wrong and next years Haslab will be whatever ship Mando picks up next :lol:

I watched the World between worlds episode of Rebels to see what the fuss was all about. I really don't care for that show. Sure you could argue I saw it out of context but I saw the pilot episode and I just was not interested. Same with Clone Wars and it has nothing to do with either of them being animated.

I love animation so it has nothing to do with the medium and everything to do with the stories they tell. They just do not interest me.

I watched the World between worlds episode of Rebels to see what the fuss was all about. I really don't care for that show. Sure you could argue I saw it out of context but I saw the pilot episode and I just was not interested. Same with Clone Wars and it has nothing to do with either of them being animated.

I love animation so it has nothing to do with the medium and everything to do with the stories they tell. They just do not interest me.

I here ya.

I had no interest in the Clone Wars.

I watched a bit of Rebels and liked it, very OT feeling but honestly all I could think was that I wished it was live action.

As far as the Razor Crest, I'm still thinking Boba will buy it in some glorious fashion, righting the perceived wrong done to him in ROTJ, then Din will get Slave-1.

Might be totally off base, but I could see it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back